Sharks

Team Lists

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Word is that Walsh won't be backing up.

Broncos don't want to take the risk with his knee.
Word from whom? If they didn't want to risk his knee he wouldn't be playing 80 minutes of Origin.

In a worst case scenario, it would default to Toia who played in the third trial against Manly. That was an unhappy afternoon for Toia, he made a mistake deep in Manly's half and came from the field right after Manly scored off the back of it.

I never heard anything, but I presume he suffered an injury since he missed the opening seven rounds of the QCup.

Toia's replacement was Hoeter who had a good game. Unfortunately he'll be unavailable for this clash.

I'd be curious to know who is training where right now.
If it's Sailor - as per the team list - his recovery would have to be best possible scenario.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Good to see Sailor on the extended bench. A perfect replacement should we need to rest Walsh.

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I thought the same thing, but boy he would be a loss at 5/8. Plus i wonder if he has the fitness. He seems to have a bit of a troublesome leg at times.
This would be if we were absolutely desperate due to injuries. But since Jock filled in at 5/8 pretty well and Rogers at 7, it could see us through one week.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Tristan Sailor named in the extended squad... is he actually back or have we just completely run out of fit players 🤔🤔

Massive if he's back from injury

He must be a quick healer because his injury was 4-6 weeks and it's been 3 weeks since it was announced he was injured.

We have train and trial players we could name so I imagine he must be fit.

MrRobot

MrRobot

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
I hope McInness has to play big minutes tomorrow night. He would have closed up the middle against Parramatta last week IMO
I’m more worried about our defence than theirs. We were sh*thouse against the titans. If we could hold teams to 2 tries or less, we’d be virtually unstoppable.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Can’t see all of our origin guys backing up but hope a few can. We need the 2 points and a good defensive performance

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It was this game last year where we put in one of our best defensive displays of the season after nearly capitulating against the Warriors.

Hopefully it repeats itself.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It's good that the NRL give the teams fielding players in the origin the longest possible time to recover before playing for their clubs. Like Manly, Storm and Panthers all have Sunday games and the Broncos and Cows play on (checks schedule again) frikkin Saturday!

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
It's great to see all our boys backing up and it would be great to have a full strength side against cronulla. I want to see a strong and ruthless win against the sharks.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I hope Sailor is ready to play if Walsh doesn't backup, because I don't think we can afford to have Cobbo out of the centres defensively.
Yep. Last week proved we need outside backs... back. Staggs will be a great inclusion too

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Yep. Last week proved we need outside backs... back. Staggs will be a great inclusion too

Absolutely. We will be a different team If we have the Cobbo/Staggs centre pairing. For some reason I had it in my head this was an away game, so looking forward to a redemption game at home.

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Rosie is meowing at me I asked her is she ready for Saturday night she meowed in response

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I know it was unlikely he would backup but bye bye Walsh.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.