POST GAME [Round 14, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

Last year we’d come out after half time breathing fire. This year we come out yawning and plod around like it’s Monday morning. Even getting bashed around didn’t wake us up. Our bench has zero impact. If Tapau got asked to move on the surely baker can’t be far behind.
Bad teams collapse in second halves.. in all sports

That’s what this team is this year

After next origin I would just rest the players that played, we need our team right after origin to go on a tear as we get our players back.

Scoreline flattered Brisbane. 43% possession, 32% territory and 700 rm less than the opposition. Full credit to their defensive efforts. They scrambled well and they had to.

Cronulla back in first but they won't win the premiership. Sadly, it appears their opponents tonight are even further away.

Rough game, but we had the odd bad game like that last year and still made it to the Grand Final.
I'm not packing it in over one poor performance in the Origin period.

We have a lot of areas to improve but I think we have a very capable side that has huge potential to get us to another grand final.

I'm more annoyed that we still have mid-season rep games that decimate certain teams, particularly with injury.

I don't blame the halves. JT and Locky couldn't have done anything with 30% possession and no territory.

We need to wake the **** up. I fear it's too late though and our run is over. We are a flashy side and that won't get us top 4.

Teams know they can out enthuse us by... RUNNING HARDER AND TACKLING HARDER.

And the lack of attention to detail on short kicks, kick returns. Honestly, do we practice at all?

We just ran out of steam after a gutsy first half. We are too reliant on Payno and Carrigan to get our go forward, and Patty is out on his feet. Our backline was error ridden, and most of our forwards were impotent. We just look so flat.

Our recruitment this year has been terrible. I have this feeling we have spent too much money on retaining our big name forwards and its left us lacking in other areas. Our back rowers arent impressing me much at all.
Well at least the big name forwards are putting in massively. Payne and patty our best tonight. Needed alot more from Mam and piakura. I can understand sailor being a bit underdone, probably hasn't caught a ball in 5 weeks and got it wrong which cost us two tries that were the difference.

Mariner not smart enough to play on the wing it seems. Don't know where he can play to be frank

We just ran out of steam after a gutsy first half. We are too reliant on Payno and Carrigan to get our go forward, and Patty is out on his feet. Our backline was error ridden, and most of our forwards were impotent. We just look so flat.

Our recruitment this year has been terrible. I have this feeling we have spent too much money on retaining our big name forwards and its left us lacking in other areas. Our back rowers arent impressing me much at all.
My only thing with that, we shouldn't have been running out of steam after a bye.

Who would have thought both Brisbane teams in the two footy codes go from getting within a whisker of the premiership last year to both struggling to even make the 8.

36% possession in the second half is absolutely pathetic. I said it during the game but we lost to a reserve grade Titans (who then get flogged) and get beaten by a team that had been flogged in the previous two games....

It's no understatement to say that we are in real trouble. Who cares if we have injuries, every teams had them this year and some worse then ours. It's our attitude that sucks! We get dominated in meterage every damn game. How?!?

Then we have a bloke like Oates, who can continually make the team. He is not first grade material anymore. There is NO upside to his game that benefits this side.

Just can't believe how weak our defence is. And we have Souths and Latrell next week....
Agree on Oates, he’s not even making meters out of our end anymore, which was his last remaining asset unfortunately.

He had an off game surrounded by what looked like a bottom 4 spine without Walsh and Arey
That's every game now. We are at the half way point. I said earlier in the year that we get worse every game... Broncos are done for the year. This is a coaching and strategy issue.

brayden trindalls kicks will forever be tristan sailors daddy

I genuinely believe jojeski and fletcher naker are the worst players to ever play nrl , i could provide the club more value and im 5ft 6 extremely anorexic and think i have an undiagnosed broken bak

They don't have to be world beaters, they just have to run hard and tackle hard which neither do......................but that's generally in short supply across the team at the moment.

Yeah I'll fucking bite. That's rich coming from how well your joke of a team played tonight. Don't start.

Don't get the hate for Gojetski, he was passable, as were a few others. But the whole general attitude sucks. We haven't outenthused or outenergised a team all year. We have looked tired all season. Lacking aggression. Lacking size. Get dominated in the ruck. 1 out running won't do it.

Shadow of the team we were last year. Shit needs to change in a big fucking hurry.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Nightwatchman
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Dreaglor
  • Hurrijo
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.