POST GAME [Round 14, 2024] Broncos vs Sharks

They don't have to be world beaters, they just have to run hard and tackle hard which neither do......................but that's generally in short supply across the team at the moment.
I was hyped for fletcher baker to come on as a woekhorse role player whos a big body for an occasional large impact run but what was given Instead is insane, bring back Rhys Kennedy

Agree on Oates, he’s not even making meters out of our end anymore, which was his last remaining asset unfortunately.
That drop on tackle 1, after defending 3 sets..... FML
Then taps the ball back to Sailer instead of catching a bomb. Even if Sailer hadn't knocked that on it was fucking brain dead. He'd have been tackled 3m out at massive risk of being held up and dragged back into the ingoal - OR - a Shark diving on it and scoring.
Can't catch, can't hold the ball, has no speed and no longer producing good carries out of our end. Absolute passenger we can't afford. I'd prefer an 18 year old out there making the same mistakes, at least they'd hopefully be learning and adapting as a result.

Fucking pathetic effort from non origin players who mainly lost the game for us.
1. Oates has past it. Don’t deserve a place in 17.
2. Baker can go play cup. Wonder if we could offload him but I seriously doubt if there would be any doubters.
3. Origin players were ok but there’s only so much they could do.
4. On the back of L & a bye if that’s the response we get then it absolutely sucks man.
5. OUR DEFENSE IS NON EXISTENT IN THE 2nd half 2 weeks in a row. Disgraceful.

I wonder what has gone wrong with our defense all of a sudden. No bite, no mongrel nothing at all. Very submissive and passive. Either give free meters or allow plenty of offloads. Fucking dogshit!

I dunno, forwards have been losing all year but it felt highlighted by the origin fatigue and the sharks looking to exploit it.

We lost a lot of quality from the pack last year, what we’ve replaced them with is at times embarrassing.

Tough watch..

God, I really don't know when or how we start to actually play football again

Standing around like Browns farkin cows in defense, waiting for them to run at us and then conceding a stack of post contact metres or allowing the offload with four in the tackle..................the attitude is just farked.

Tpj off the bench would have been better than what we had tonight.

ik he made some dumb errors but **** i miss jesse arthars, ik hes hella young but **** me mariner is getting exposed even more each week

Agree on Oates, he’s not even making meters out of our end anymore, which was his last remaining asset unfortunately.
He and Karapani lost us the match against the tits with their defence, not to mention the try he butchered at the end of that game. That performance ought to have been it from him

We just ran out of steam after a gutsy first half. We are too reliant on Payno and Carrigan to get our go forward, and Patty is out on his feet. Our backline was error ridden, and most of our forwards were impotent. We just look so flat.

Our recruitment this year has been terrible. I have this feeling we have spent too much money on retaining our big name forwards and its left us lacking in other areas. Our back rowers arent impressing me much at all.
Im sorry, but we looked like we were struggling to keep our head above water all game. We never got on the front foot. With 30 mins to go, and sharks dominating possession, I said to peeps around me " it's OK, we just have to wait for momentum to swing back to us..."
And that just never happened. We look so passive and predictable.
Im trying hard not to lose faith. We can still do it. Fucking sharpen up though, this has to be the wake up call.

I think tonight he made almost 120 meters in a side that was battered all game. None of them were easy ones either tbf. He's just not quite got the physicality he used to have right now.

I thought the Broncos were gutsy in the first half, but didn't match the intensity of the Sharks to open the second and that's where it was won and lost. Cronulla's attack wasn't that great, but Brisbane's inability to put together a quality exit set was exposed here and they rely far too heavy on counter-punches, fortuitous penalties or mistakes off kicks to get themselves in the game.

It's all a part of the process and for a few of the younger players you have to accept the good with the bad.

I did like how we defended all those sets on the try line. It ended up being about 5 back to back sets. So there’s that.
We also had a near error free first half. It’s what this team needs to do. Forget the flashy stuff, just don’t turn over the ball so cheaply.

Standing around like Browns farkin cows in defense, waiting for them to run at us and then conceding a stack of post contact metres or allowing the offload with four in the tackle..................the attitude is just farked.

It's the sooks after the GF loss. We saw it in 2016 as well. They had both hands on the trophy, dropped it cold in the dying minutes and now they're doing the hard yards again and can't be fucked with the do-over.

Unread

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • broncsgoat
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • whykickamoocow
  • jarro65
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Hoshsie
  • johnny plath
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.