PRE-GAME Round 14 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
8411260-3x4-340x453.jpg

I just couldn't resist...
You want Benji at lock? LOL

When I suggested Kodi off the bench as lock late in each half . I was lambasted . Any one notice who came off the bench as lock for Penrith yesterday ?

Tyronne Peachy ...

You seen the size difference between Peachey and Kodi? Peachey can capably play second row at the drop of a finger. Wouldn't say that about kodi.

Peachey wasn't that good of a defender when he first started out. Over time he got better, but I still wouldn't say he is a great defender now.

Kodi's biggest weakness is arguably his defence. It can be fixed, a lot of practice on tackling technique and a good attitude will go a long way, but he is a long way off from being able to defend there.

Go go back and watch what happened when Benji came on against the storm and we had him defending next Macca.... the issue is not whether kodi can defend in the middle the issue is that we'd have two small men in the middle.

They lost complete control of the ruck and their props had a field day and Benji was only on for a few minutes

Why not give maguire this season but push him to prop during games and slowly work one of the young blokes in the role, increasing minutes if they show promise. We could do with some variety in the middle and Maguire as good as he is can be predictable. It looked like arrow was doing so early in the year. If he is deemed inferior to the role at this stage in his development, then use tevita, or someone else. I don't mean just hit ups as they have been but interchanging them in training for set plays and giving them the creative licence to play as a lock and not a glorified prop as Maguire does.
Even if the position is eventually filled by bird next year, doing so will go a long way to these players developing to their full potential and giving options further down the track to the team. Both thaiday and gillet played similar roles early in their career.

Wouldn't mind seeing either Milf/Marshall combo or a Milf/Niko combo. As a massive Hunt fan, I feel that his time is nearly up but I reckon he should have this game to prove his worth, and if he doesn't then look at doing one of the other combo's mentioned.
You said the same thing yesterday and again I'll say that you are obviously very unfamiliar with how WB operates. Sure, he yanked Alfie twenty years ago vs the Cowboys (leading to his retirement the next day) but Langer was really struggling as was the team (1-5). Hunt isn't playing that badly, inconsistent yes, but certainly not a liability. This talk of combos is way too premature and again, not the way Bennett runs his team.

Warriors offload a lot. It doesn't always lead to success. You have to balance risk and reward. That said 1 up rucks with little variety are never going to win games on their own I can't understand why we so depend on our backs rucking up in our own halves, even when the forwards are relatively fresh. It would be nice to see our 3/4 players support players like blair, thaiday and gillet at least once we pass the 20 metre line in attack. Those 3 in particular can off load almost at will sometimes. It might mean a mistake or two but would go a long way to giving the team what it thrives on: attacking in broken play. That's whats missing: the support players for the forwards to offload to, not the forwards ability.
If I can pan to the pro-knick crowd for a moment, his energy in attack, supporting players was something the rest of the team could learn from.

What we really need to adopt is the blitz. I'm sure that Melbourne has a name for it but for one or two hitups after a kick is put through they usually just do the normal one pass, one guy moving thing but as soon as everyones on side they come up 4 and 5 at a time. This is to force the defensive line to come forward to meet each offensive player.

We on the other hand only have the spike , the players directly in front of the one out guy. This couple of players is all we force to come forward and get back every hitup. We need to adopt this Melbourne tactic as it pays off later in a game. The offensive pkayers only need come forward and wait if they didn't get involved, next set repeat but the defence is getting run ragged.

Warriors offload a lot. It doesn't always lead to success. You have to balance risk and reward. That said 1 up rucks with little variety are never going to win games on their own I can't understand why we so depend on our backs rucking up in our own halves, even when the forwards are relatively fresh. It would be nice to see our 3/4 players support players like blair, thaiday and gillet at least once we pass the 20 metre line in attack. Those 3 in particular can off load almost at will sometimes. It might mean a mistake or two but would go a long way to giving the team what it thrives on: attacking in broken play. That's whats missing: the support players for the forwards to offload to, not the forwards ability.
If I can pan to the pro-knick crowd for a moment, his energy in attack, supporting players was something the rest of the team could learn from.

I like the way your thinkin . Some more offloads and a full back / middle player who offers some threat in the middle with acceleration . Darius likes the round the back play . But popping up in the middle of the field as a support he`s MIA .
Kodi prolly to small . Yeah yeah I concede that .

Adam Reynolds in serious doubt for this clash.

His left knee was very heavily strapped and he was put through a few running drills, the coaching staff monitoring him looked very concerned.

He didn't feature in the afternoon session. Instead Luke Kelly was training at halfback.

Adam Reynolds in serious doubt for this clash.

His left knee was very heavily strapped and he was put through a few running drills, the coaching staff monitoring him looked very concerned.

He didn't feature in the afternoon session. Instead Luke Kelly was training at halfback.
He is in serious doubt for every match [emoji14]

The bloke is made of glass

Really brave effort from Arrow against a monster Hunters' pack- He is taking hit ups no one else would.

80 minutes
15 hit ups
148m
64 PCM
3 offloads
32 tackles
3 missed

Great effort in a badly beaten side.

Really brave effort from Arrow against a monster Hunters' pack- He is taking hit ups no one else would.

80 minutes
15 hit ups
148m
64 PCM
3 offloads
32 tackles
3 missed

Great effort in a badly beaten side.
I don't quite understand why a few of us on here don't rate him, kid is gonna be a weapon. Got a great motor aswell.

Rabbits are absolutely desperate.....and I wonder if our side is ATM.
No doubt we are capable but it's like we are looking for excuses.
The game against the warriors looked like we were feeling sorry for ourselves because we had so many players out, against the chooks, we had so many players backing up.
Pulled their fingers out with 10 to go but it was too little too late. If we had have played like that from the get go we would have lapped them.....AGAIN!
They had better be on song against the rabbits because I couldn't be bothered reading again about how bennant has lost the dressing room.

And if Macguire gets tackled on the 4th 10 times again I am going to need a new TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morepudding
  • Waynesaurus
  • jd87
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • Pablo
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • marw
  • BruiserMk1
  • LGH
  • MTF75
  • RolledOates
  • phoenix
  • Turks85
  • winslow_wong
  • Elcapitano20
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.