PRE-GAME Round 14 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite understand why a few of us on here don't rate him, kid is gonna be a weapon. Got a great motor aswell.

People don't rate him because he doesn't provide a high level of impact off the bench. What they don't realise is that's the exact opposite of what his strength is, his strength is starting, absorbing the early punishment, taking the tough carries, tackling everything that moves and playing long minutes.

It'd be a true shame if we just let him leave without giving him a proper opportunity to start and play long minutes, I think there's a decent chance he'd thrive.

Arrow is that Stagg or Campion type workhorse that every team needs. Money might take him elsewhere and that would be a real shame because he does have a regular first grade career ahead of him (wherever that may be).

Arrow is that Stagg or Campion type workhorse that every team needs. Money might take him elsewhere and that would be a real shame because he does have a regular first grade career ahead of him (wherever that may be).

Problem is we don't have a really dominant superstar forward to balance having him being the workhorse in the team.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/06/06/nikorima_fears_ease.html

KODI Nikorima has been cleared of any serious problem with his shoulder and is available for selection against the Rabbitohs on Friday.
Nikorima was a late withdrawal from the match against the Roosters last weekend after suffering the problem the previous week against the Warriors.
It raised concerns he had re-injured the shoulder that cost him several games last year and resulted in an off-season shoulder reconstruction.
But Broncos’ High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans said the problem was simply a ‘stinger’, and would benefit from the week out.
And after breezing through a long field training session at Red Hill this morning, he will be fit to play this Friday at Suncorp Stadium.
“It wasn’t a structural issue, it was more of a minor nerve problem,” said Hickmans.
“He just needed the one week to recover strength, and he should be right to play this week.”
Anthony Milford is a certainty to return after missing the two-point loss to the Roosters after suffering a head knock in his State of Origin debut.
Meanwhile after Intrust Super Cup action, Tom Opacic and George Fai both have injury worries.
Opacic is in rehabilitation for an ankle problem, while Fai – who made his NRL debut in round 12 against the Warriors – hurt his shoulder playing for Souths Logan Magpies last weekend.
Fai should only miss a week or two.

It will be hard to leave Benji out after last week, but I just love Kodi impact off the bench coming in for Macca.

If we can play a style that suits Benji then he would be the better option off the bench.

He is smarter than Kodi, has a better kicking game, probably about the same defensively, he just doesn't have the speed but that doesn't really matter since for the most part we like to wait until we're in the attacking zone before worrying about any kind of attacking movement.

Some of his runs out of dummy half have benefited us, getting us on the front foot by taking advantage of markers being lazy or offside. We either get some good metres as a result and get a quick ptb or we get a penalty.

We could have an extra playmaking option, someone to keep the opposition guessing with Milford and Boyd in the side as well.

Some of Marshall's plays are starting to rub off on our halves. Our first try against the Roosters, that was a pet play for Marshall at the Tigers and Dragons. He did it quite often with Widdop with a lot of success, so it's quite clear he is teaching our halves some new tricks. I would prefer to keep him in the side.

If done right, Marshall would be brilliant off the bench.

Yeah I agree. Imo he doesn't offer what Kodi does off the bench.
Niko isn't a certainty of getting picked today. I think Benji is a much better proposition. He is smart and skillful and has loads of experience. I await 4.00 to see which way Bennett goes with this.

I don't actually mind Benji getting the spot on the bench for on reason.

I firmly believe that it is in Niko's (and our) best interested to have him play 80 minutes at halfback in the ISC (rather than 15 mins of the bench in NRL)

He is in the box seat to be the halfback next season and i think he should head back to the ISC with the instructions to make the team his own and fine tune his halfback skills

I said it when we signed him and I'll say it again. With Benji in the team our fairytale eligibility goes through the roof in the eyes of the NRL. Niko has been good for us though. Tough call.

Images

Rabbits are absolutely desperate.....and I wonder if our side is ATM.
No doubt we are capable but it's like we are looking for excuses.
The game against the warriors looked like we were feeling sorry for ourselves because we had so many players out, against the chooks, we had so many players backing up.
Pulled their fingers out with 10 to go but it was too little too late. If we had have played like that from the get go we would have lapped them.....AGAIN!
They had better be on song against the rabbits because I couldn't be bothered reading again about how bennant has lost the dressing room.

And if Macguire gets tackled on the 4th 10 times again I am going to need a new TV.
Is that just an excuse to get a new TV? :P

I don't quite understand why a few of us on here don't rate him, kid is gonna be a weapon. Got a great motor aswell.

Because people don't look any further afield than his eight minutes off the bench for the Broncos.

Because people don't look any further afield than his eight minutes off the bench for the Broncos.
Which to be fair, is somewhat important. There are plenty of examples of people that kill it in Q Cup/NSW cup but never amount to much in the NRL.

It isn't an exact barometer, but if you don't make an impact in the NRL when you get a chance, you will be forgotten by the next up and coming youngster, conveyor belt style.

yes, I know he forced his way into a rep squad as 18th man and that's great, but it was still at a lower level.

BRONCOS NRL SQUAD

1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Korbin Sims
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

Interchange:

14. Alex Glenn
15. Tevita Pangai
16. Herman Ese’ese
17. Kodi Nikorima

Reserve: Joe Ofahengaue
Reserve: Benji Marshall
Reserve: Jai Arrow
Reserve: Jaydn Su’A

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Looks like a full strength side. No excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • scobie
  • Dreaglor
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.