POST GAME Round 14 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

The funny part is that I view Oates as an almost identical player to Moga right now, albeit a better finisher. Neither of them can pass to save their lives, they're both at their best when they're just pinning their ears back and running it straight, I'd be very interested in how we'd go if we switched things up and moved Jimmy to the left and Moga to the right.

It's an issue having 2 big lumbering outside backs on the same side, but if you have one on either side of the field it'd probably function much better.

Thats the thing. I bet Oates would have scored the two tries Moga didnt because he just knows how to score a try, get the ball down and knows how to use his size to good effect. Maybe Moga doesnt quite have the confidence in his body yet after his inuries, but he is more than capable of doing what Oates does.

Looking forward to hunt returning, not satisfied with Nikorima in defence.

Images of Milf swinging his arm around and having a bit of a smile on his face. Good signs hopefully.

Really liked what both Ofahengaue and TPJ did tonight off the bench.

I loved TPJ's game, plenty of offloads and great lines run.

Can't say I really took much notice of Joe to be honest, seemed like a pretty standard Averagahengaue game.

Thats the thing. I bet Oates would have scored the two tries Moga didnt because he just knows how to score a try, get the ball down and knows how to use his size to good effect. Maybe Moga doesnt quite have the confidence in his body yet after his inuries, but he is more than capable of doing what Oates does.

I think Moga is starting to work that out.

To be fair the time he did, Oates completely fucked it up and passed to a Rabbitohs players. Oates was shit tonight.

Pretty sure that wasn't Moga who passed it to him. Oates was trying to pass to Moga. At least 3 times in the first half Moga hogged when he should have passed.

Fairly good defensive effort against a very determined but clunky South Sydney.

A few thoughts.

Oates looked tired as he well should be after the punishment he has taken over the last few weeks. Should have been rested IMO.

Thank goodness we have at least one forward offloading in Blair , who was best on field IMO , closely followed by Kahu who is proving himself to be very valuable to the team this year.

I know he scored a good try , but Sam Thaiday lacked punch again and persists with runnning at the markers who handled him easily.

Knick did OK but I would feel more comfortable with Hunt back in the team.

Benji does had somthing to the team and could prove very valuable if Milf is out for a while.

Mcguire is a trier , but is just too predictable IMO. He needs to somehow put some variation in his game.

Images of Milf swinging his arm around and having a bit of a smile on his face. Good signs hopefully.

Immediately as Thaiday stated Milf was devastated at his injury lol.

I loved TPJ's game, plenty of offloads and great lines run.

Can't say I really took much notice of Joe to be honest, seemed like a pretty standard Averagahengaue game.

I payed attention to Ofahengaue specifically and thought he made good metres per carry and was strong and enthusiastic in defence.

I payed attention to Ofahengaue specifically and thought he made good metres per carry and was strong and enthusiastic in defence.
He averaged 5 metres per carry. He was disappointing as usual IMO.

I keep being impressed with TPJ, he's so valuable off the bench.
Watching McGuire, he only made 1 tackle 4/5 run that I saw. Most were tackle 2/3.
Milford impressed me too. Maturing nicely.
Blair had his best game in a long time. So did Glenn IMO, though he kept falling off so many tackles.
Gillett was hitting hard.
Moga runs the ball well, but is a massive hog. Reminds me of 10 or so years ago, most centres were like this. You gotta play for your winger more these days though.
Kahu played well, but was just too damn cheeky with the drop out.
Thaiday had a chance to lift his game to show the Origin selectors that he's still got it (he doesn't), but was mediocre except for his try.
Roberts just can't get any space most of the time, looks frustrated with that.
Marshall still looks pretty good.

We are still having problems consistently unleashing Roberts - again I see this as a coaching issue. Work the plays. I can imagine what Bellamy would do with a weapon like Roberts, working combinations with Slater and Cronk, running and kicking.... consistently.

This is exactly where Milf/Hunt/Marshall/Knik need to be focussing, consistently, and not now and then when the mood takes them

Meh who cares about correct numbers anymore:

1. Boyd - Brilliant in attack as he always is now but his defensive positioning has become a big problem. Where was he with those kick tries? His average is better than many players best though. 7
2. Oates - Solid as always but that kick return where he got trapped in goal was a bit of a stupid play. Needs to get some passes from his centre. 7
3. Roberts - He looks injured but is just so electric, looks like he is about to explode every run. 7
4. Moga - He needs to pass more yes but he was fantastic tonight, his best game by far. Liked threatening all evening and arguably should have got a try. 8
5. Kahu - Was fantastic all night, great game. Good kicking, short kick off trolling and a Minto tribute, that alone was gold. 10
6. Milford - He was on fire all night, great game and a real shame with that injury, though he doesn't look too bad in the sheds to be honest. 9
7. KNik - He did a tribute to Hunt and that isn't good. His combo with Sims is gold though. Mixed bag night all things considered. 5
8. Sims - He was really good tonight. I wanted him to step up and put in a claim for origin and that he did. Hit hard, ran hard, links great with KNik and left with probably three broken noses. 8
9. McCullough - Tried a dummy at probably the right time and was solid all round without being spectaculars but that is what his role is. 8
10. Blair - His best game in Broncos colours? He played like a lock and his offloads were killing Souths. Loved his fro-bro try assist. Absolutely stunning game, Fifita in origin one-esque. 10
11. Glenn - He was great tonight, added a lot of energy in his time on the field. 8
12. Gillett - Oh boy what a game!! Back to his best tonight. Smashed everything that moves and scored a nice try. Look out in origin 2. 9
13. McGuire - He was fantastic all game, big runs, solid defense and played a classic's prop's game. 9

14. Marshall - He came on with the game in the balance and his calming influence was evident straight away. Solid in his limited time. 6
15. Pangai Jr - He is adding another dimension to this side and is so important off the bench. His offloads and footwork are deadly and are only going to get better. A star in the making. 8
16. Joffa - He is playing solidly and consistently at the moment which you are happy to take but can hopefully hit some new heights in the weeks ahead. 6
17. Thaiday - He scored a try, got interviewed in his undies and did nothing else. It seems the end is nigh this year for Thaiday sadly. 4

Apart from Blair, i dont think any of our players was a great deal above average. Blair a nine, the rest a 6.5.

Actually, Gillett an 8 as well.

To be fair the time he did, Oates completely fucked it up and passed to a Rabbitohs players. Oates was shit tonight.

He gave Oates the death stare and a spray for it too .
Really liked what both Ofahengaue and TPJ did tonight off the bench.
Ofa tackled his ass off . Increasing in fitness . TPJ looked a threat . Angles and off loads . I liked his game .

Oates scores 1 on 1 . Moga had 3 on 1 . He was already in tackles and crashed over . Not launched in the air before a hand was on him like Oates .

Active Now

• Big Del
  • ezpz
  • Fitzy
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncosMan
  • ostin86
  • Broncs1459
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • Nerd
  • Hoof Hearted
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Yellowfella
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Wolfie
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Stix
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.