POST GAME Round 14 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

During the post game Lockyer was interview Sam Thaiday. Milford was with the trainer in the back. He was asking him to move his arm up and down. He was moving it easily. Then he saw himself on the tv. He stop moving his arm and go back to dressing room.

Mirror and smoke hey mr Pushkin

The stats I seen had him 5/25. 22 tackles 0 misses.
From what I saw in the game, he definitely averaged more than 5 meters per run. Most of his work was defense, so he didn't get many possessions, but all his runs were strong too.

He gave Oates the death stare and a spray for it too .

Ofa tackled his ass off . Increasing in fitness . TPJ looked a threat . Angles and off loads . I liked his game .

Oates scores 1 on 1 . Moga had 3 on 1 . He was already in tackles and crashed over . Not launched in the air before a hand was on him like Oates .

Moga gave Oates a spray!? Fmd what is the world coming to.

It's amazing how different the stats are from one source to another...

NRL

Hit Ups/Metres
Josh McGuire - 20 (153m)
Darius Boyd 17 (103m)
Anthony Milford - 15 (76m)
Matt Gillett - 15 (112m)
Sam Thaiday - 15 (100m)
Tautau Moga - 13 (150m)
James Roberts - 12 (94m)

Compared to...

Champion Data

Hit Ups/Metres
Josh McGuire - 18 (164m)
Sam Thaiday - 15 (112m)
Matt Gillett - 14 (110m)
Tautau Moga - 13 (171m)
Darius Boyd - 13 (134m)
Korbin Sims - 11 (100m)
Alex Glenn - 11 (95m)

It makes you wonder where the discrepancy comes from.

I like tevita pangui jnr's runs and offloads, but I watched his efforts in defence and he was a little lazy at times. Just something he needs to work on to make that transition to a regular part of the side with long minutes. Otherwise he looks great. Its the exact opposite with offa. He defends well but I can't see him providing too many offloads or second phase play. They're both young and developing so there plenty of time to improve.

I like tevita pangui jnr's runs and offloads, but I watched his efforts in defence and he was a little lazy at times. Just something he needs to work on to make that transition to a regular part of the side with long minutes. Otherwise he looks great. Its the exact opposite with offa. He defends well but I can't see him providing too many offloads or second phase play. They're both young and developing so there plenty of time to improve.

I don't really think Offa is there for his offloading.

Not every forward has to be an offloader.

The Moga no try, I think that was the right call.

He did lose control of the ball for a split second there, it was only a very small bobble, but it was enough.

The fact that he managed to bomb it is what I'm pissed off about.

He did lose control of the ball for a split second there, it was only a very small bobble, but it was enough.

Agree. I think he scored the second one though, but there was no image to conclusively show that.

It was absolutely the right call. He lost it. Anyone saying they got that call wrong would be filthy if a try was awarded against us in those circumstances.

It was absolutely the right call. He lost it. Anyone saying they got that call wrong would be filthy if a try was awarded against us in those circumstances.

Fair call . Looked good , till we got close up super slo mo .

What a fucking scrappy game that was, but I guess it was to be expected after two straight losses.
Niko is going well, but he really needs to stop second guessing himself so much. He did that quite a bit tonight.
Back yourself and your ability.
I thought we had a few chances with Roberts in that first half, but too much second guessing going on.

One blot . 6th tackle Milf takes the ball to the line . Moves it on to Kodi . He ran into the line and tried a panic offload . Its 6th tackle boys . Gotta be better organised and ready for plan B .

I disagree in that, whilst Milford's kick for kahu was brilliant the rest of the kicks were pretty ordinary until Marshall came on. Knik use his support play very effectively and got rid of the ball when needed but still has work to do. He did well to recover from the early error and it would have pleased Bennet to see him do so. After a shakey start he played reasonably good. Milford still a little more to learn about when to involve himself but was great for whilst he was there. If anything he probably tried too hard, or maybe it was just runners being lazy and not supporting him with the ball. We need to see more of what led to that gillet try. Knik supported the big forwards great for the play. I had flashbacks of Alf in his prime. If knik does a lot more of that I'll be sold on his future at half.

The chip over was directed towards the one Rabbitoh who was within Coo- ee of the ball . Kick that chip straight and no contest .

Wayne said six weeks in the presser...

Seemed to me Milf hadn`t been to hospital yet . Big call to predict his level of injury with an unqualified naked eye . The scan today will be the tell .

3 rd man in attacked the ball . Only situation where its allowed .Last night he showed what he can do if given a little space . He`s a weapon . Use him like we are attempting to use Roberts with structures and good passes and good things will come .

For the record NRL.com have updated their stats.

Joe Ofahengaue
5 Runs 49m
22 Tackles

Which sounds more accurate for him. Not a stand-out performance by any means but not as ineffective as initially stated.

I would have to check the replay because I thought Moga never lost possession of the football when he dived over. Again, I'd have to check it again because in my mind all I could think of was that Michael Morgan try in Round 2 and maybe I got too caught up with two wrongs being right.

I would have to check the replay because I thought Moga never lost possession of the football when he dived over. Again, I'd have to check it again because in my mind all I could think of was that Michael Morgan try in Round 2 and maybe I got too caught up with two wrongs being right.

I'd say he looked like he lost it but I remember the commentator saying he's got control of that at the moment it looked like the biggest separation and I was thinking boy, he must have the biggest hand in history if he still has it.

Active Now

• Pigskin
  • Hurrijo
  • Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • Spoon
  • Yem
  • Purple Pills
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dee
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  • mrtij
  • Nightwatchman
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  • Dreaglor
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.