POST GAME Round 14 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Is there a centre in the comp who makes the post contact meters Moga does? You gotta take the good with the bad, and his good is getting better and better, and his bad is improving: less errors, passes a bit, defence is becoming top shelf.

Is there a centre in the comp who makes the post contact meters Moga does? You gotta take the good with the bad, and his good is getting better and better, and his bad is improving: less errors, passes a bit, defence is becoming top shelf.

I`ve been on the Moga train for a while . Having trouble convincing some folks here .
Gotta get that penalty for crowding / hand on the ball out of his game though . That`s not learning from your mistakes . He`s been under rated by a lot of people . Started to show what he`s capable of in attack the last few weeks .

There's no doubting Moga's ability to give us metres out of our own end. He's one of the leading outside backs in the NRL at metres gained.

But you've gotta remember he's taking a lot more runs than other Centre's because he NEVER PASSES.

I suppose it depends how your team is set up to play i guess. We pretty much have a battering ram left center and left winger, which kind of works for us. Must admit, i dont get too carried away by how many meters a backline player makes, but i cant think of many that would have more post contact meters than Moga.

Not convinced his defence is improving. I still see him a lot grabbing and failing to hold onto and wrap up his opposite number. He only really gave away one dumb penalty last night, which is an improvement. A few times i have seen him jump and take the ball in the air he seems very strong, not quite Folau like but he is pretty good. I think if we had a decent kicker and we played him on the wing once we move Oates he could become quite an attacking weapon for us. Not many would stop him.

He is slowly improving in some areas but he needs to go and watch some highlights of Oates and realise the guy outside him ain't no slouch. So frustrating watching him hog it when he should pass.

There's no doubting Moga's ability to give us metres out of our own end. He's one of the leading outside backs in the NRL at metres gained.

But you've gotta remember he's taking a lot more runs than other Centre's because he NEVER PASSES.

His run in our half is usually right after Oats returns the ball . So Corey is not in position on the wing .
And his runs are 1 off the ruck or from dummy half . He`s supposed to pull out some ball playing wizardry in that situation ? I think not .

His run in our half is usually right after Oats returns the ball . So Corey is not in position on the wing .
And his runs are 1 off the ruck or from dummy half . He`s supposed to pull out some ball playing wizardry in that situation ? I think not .

That has nothing to do with anything I just said.

The point is that a lot of Centres (Example: BJ Leilua) probably touch the ball as much, if not more than Moga, but take fewer "Hit-ups" and make fewer metres because they're far more versatile at passing and using their outside & inside players. So whilst it's nice that Moga is making big metres for us, I'd happily sacrifice 40 metres per game for him to put Coates in to space once or twice a game.

There are plenty of moments where he should pass within the oppositions half. It is very Josh Hoffman to watch. He somewhat redeems himself when he steam rolls the opposition centre and 2nd rower though. Which he is starting to do more often as his confidence grows.

He has very poor footy skills but he is an absolute weapon of a man. If he can develop his skills and decision making a little he will be a good outside back.

Like almost all of my opinions, I am completely on the fence about him.

Heard Bennett on ABC Granstand today saying it was likely a 6 week injury (possibly season ending) and he will need a shoulder reconstruction after the season is done

Never? That's just not true.

Heard Bennett on ABC Granstand today saying it was likely a 6 week injury (possibly season ending) and he will need a shoulder reconstruction after the season is done

We have been fairly unfortunate with shoulder injuries in recent times. Thats Reed, Opacic, Nikorima and now Milf.

Never? That's just not true.

you're right but on the odd occasion when he does pass he manages to **** it up, so i wish he would never pass ...

well my actual wish is that he loses his spot in the team ... every one else got their wish that Hunt was dropped, so i think it is only fair that i get my wish of Moga being dropped

There are plenty of moments where he should pass within the oppositions half. It is very Josh Hoffman to watch. He somewhat redeems himself when he steam rolls the opposition centre and 2nd rower though. Which he is starting to do more often as his confidence grows.

He has very poor footy skills but he is an absolute weapon of a man. If he can develop his skills and decision making a little he will be a good outside back.

Like almost all of my opinions, I am completely on the fence about him.

I disagree that he has very poor football skills, I think it is more that he doesn't have the confidence in himself to fully utilise them yet. I think he has passed the ball to Oates on the outside a few times this year and Oates has almost immediately been pushed out, so I think he is a bit trigger shy.

you're right but on the odd occasion when he does pass he manages to **** it up, so i wish he would never pass ...

well my actual wish is that he loses his spot in the team ... every one else got their wish that Hunt was dropped, so i think it is only fair that i get my wish of Moga being dropped

Don't you see he is starting to be a weapon? He can pass and has done it successfully (as he showed against the Roosters) just needs to do it consistently.

Damn. Was really hoping that this coming pre-season he would be able to really focus on his kicking and game management...

Geez that sux. a few weeks after we finally sign him up and throw the farm at him he does his shoulder. I hope it doesn't become a long term issue as many players have done their shoulders and never been able to get them right as well as spending months in rehab after each surgery. Look at Reed, once his shoulder problems started he never really got over it and in the end it was the end of him..

I disagree that he has very poor football skills, I think it is more that he doesn't have the confidence in himself to fully utilise them yet. I think he has passed the ball to Oates on the outside a few times this year and Oates has almost immediately been pushed out, so I think he is a bit trigger shy.

You May me be completely right. Maybe I should have said he hasn't displayed much football skill, I can't be certain that he isn't capable.

My issue isn't only with his passing though. His tackling technique, and defensive positioning can be very inconsistent. He also just doesn't seem to have a lot of the little things drilled into him that top players have. For example, h is great at getting over the line but doesn't seem to naturally be able to position himself to ground the ball. He also seems to not really understand how to slow the ruck without being penalised.

They definitely aren't issues worth being dropped over but he just seems to me like the textbook example of an athlete who is trying to be molded into a footy player. Though all you have to do is look at Semi to see what happens when it clicks for them.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • cento
  • NYCDB
  • Yellowfella
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.