Round 14 Discussion

I don't think it matters. If you're in front when the ball is played, you're offside until the next tackle.

I thought the same thing too.

But I remember in 2015 when Stewart scored against the Raiders after he was in front of the play the ball, Archer came out the next day and indicated that a player must retreat behind the point of the play the ball before getting involved. Had Stewart done that, he would have been all good..

It doesn't go into much detail in the rule book and it's one rule they really need to clear up.

I thought the same thing too.

But I remember in 2015 when Stewart scored against the Raiders after he was in front of the play the ball, Archer came out the next day and indicated that a player must retreat behind the point of the play the ball before getting involved. Had Stewart done that, he would have been all good..

It doesn't go into much detail in the rule book and it's one rule they really need to clear up.

NSW won an Origin game recently where Luke Lewis scored a decisive try and it was only realised later that he was in front of the PTB and was never put back on-side.

It's not just a NSW public holiday... you guys and WA need to get with the program!

The ultimate **** you to QLD viewership, organising a game on an NSW-exclusive public holiday at 4pm on a work day.
I have said exactly the same thing to hubby. NSWRL in full swing once more. They did it last year too. YTF would you have a game where 50% of your viewership is at work or school pick up? The ultimate slap in the face.

The ultimate **** you to QLD viewership, organising a game on an NSW-exclusive public holiday at 4pm on a work day.

I have said exactly the same thing to hubby. NSWRL in full swing once more. They did it last year too. YTF would you have a game where 50% of your viewership is at work or school pick up? The ultimate slap in the face.

what else should we expect but total incompetence from an amateurish administration

I was under the impression Monday games were scrapped for this year?

I will have to see that penalty again but I thought Suli got himself back behind the point of the play the ball before getting involved.

He doesn't. And it was actually Chee Kam.

That was awfully close, though. Centimeters in it. Good spot from Atkins. I like Atkins, he is a good ref. He should get more big games, because he is a far better ref than Cecchin.

You really think 50% of viewers that would tune in on pay tv to see a game between 2 sydney teams are going to come from QLD?

It makes complete sense to schedule a Sydney game on a NSW public holiday. It's not the NRL's fault the governments of Queensland keep changing the public holidays here.

It makes complete sense to schedule a Sydney game on a NSW public holiday. It's not the NRL's fault the governments of Queensland keep changing the public holidays here.

It would have made even more sense for it to be scheduled on a Sunday night so they could get a bigger crowd, and get more families to go to the game considering Monday is a public holiday and they wouldn't have had to worry about work or school the next day.

It just once again shows the sheer lack of thought in the scheduling.

it made complete sense 40 years ago when it was solely a Sydney competition. Now though it is just plain bad business because Foxtel have just lost at least 25% of their ratings.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.