Round 14 Discussion

it made complete sense 40 years ago when it was solely a Sydney competition. Now though it is just plain bad business because Foxtel have just lost at least 25% of their ratings.

Dragons have a very large supporter base up here. Probably the biggest supporter base a Sydney team has in another city.

There was a time when you could go to a Broncos vs Dragons game and almost see the Dragons fans outnumber the Broncos fans.

A very bad decision by whoever scheduled the game. It would have made A LOT more sense to have it on a Sunday.

It's a strange decision when you consider that it contradicts the NRL's modus operandi. It's clearly put together to draw a good home attendance, but the NRL have been so lax in this department, that I'm not sure if the fans are going to notice.

It's a shame, because the biggest issue with the NRL is the lack of atmosphere. It's difficult to get excited for the sport when the players are playing in-front of empty seats.

It's a strange decision when you consider that it contradicts the NRL's modus operandi. It's clearly put together to draw a good home attendance, but the NRL have been so lax in this department, that I'm not sure if the fans are going to notice.

It's a shame, because the biggest issue with the NRL is the lack of atmosphere. It's difficult to get excited for the sport when the players are playing in-front of empty seats.

This is why I'm a big fan of suburban grounds as they are usually 3/4 at capacity or close to a sell out crowd, it makes for a much better backdrop much better atmosphere at the ground and on TV as well. I imagine the players much prefer the suburban grounds as well. I'm certain if you had a chat with James Tedesco, he would much prefer playing in front of a packed out Leichardt oval or Campbelltown than an empty homebush.

This is why I'm a big fan of suburban grounds as they are usually 3/4 at capacity or close to a sell out crowd, it makes for a much better backdrop much better atmosphere at the ground and on TV as well. I imagine the players much prefer the suburban grounds as well. I'm certain if you had a chat with James Tedesco, he would much prefer playing in front of a packed out Leichardt oval or Campbelltown than an empty homebush.

Then why is he going to the Roosters? :porthozthinksthisishot:

Then why is he going to the Roosters? :porthozthinksthisishot:

30612565 A pile of wads of australian dollar banknotes on an isolated background Stock Photo

Not even surprised. One of the worst decisions of all time was cutting Monday night footy and replacing it with a Friday 5/6pm time slot. Dead set the most hair brained decision ever. I still haven't watched a game in this time slot. If you were to axe the Monday night game, they should have moved it to Sunday night.

Not even surprised. One of the worst decisions of all time was cutting Monday night footy and replacing it with a Friday 5/6pm time slot. Dead set the most hair brained decision ever. I still haven't watched a game in this time slot. If you were to axe the Monday night game, they should have moved it to Sunday night.

I'm the other way around. I nearly always watch the early friday game, but rarely watched monday night games. I like the back-to-back live games on friday nights, although 5pm is bordering on too early during DLS.

Lol Bulldogs have got nothing.

Dragon's defence is just containing everything they throw at them.

Why is Gasnier yelling in to the mic again for no reason? Has someone from Fox got in to his ear?

"Listen Gaz, we love your input on the game, but we just don't get enough excitement out of you, can you scream a little bit more?"

Lol Bulldogs fans cheering they didn't take a short drop out.

Ha suck shit Dugan. Serves you right for being a fairy who stays down every time he is tackled.

So, more evidence that the Bunker is overseeing everything and is effectively instructing the senior on-field ref. The implications of this are massive, but once again the media will go quiet on it.

So far as I know, Steve Mascord is the only person in the media who has bothered to write about it.

He wrote that producers actually have access to the bunker feed but choose not to air it to the public. For some reason, Triple M decided to one night and there were several examples of the video ref instructing the on field officials.

I agree that the implications are huge. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more made of it.

We saw an example in the Rabbitohs game the other night with Sutton taking an age to rule six again...and that was a pretty blatant one.

Now that I think about it - with drug scandals, salary cap cheats, match fixing allegations, etc there's only so many hours in the day so I guess its not that surprising this gets buried.

Cummins is a disgraceful ref.

He fucked up majorly there.

Put this Bulldogs win down to Cummins.

He has made some fucking howlers against the Dragons in this second half.

Tapped back by Mbye?

What the ****?

So it wasn't a punch and it wasn't a slap but it's 10 in the bin?

First time I have seen a player sin binned for that.

What a bludger of a game. No team deserved the win. They should have given the 2 points to the Knights.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.