Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Considering we were missing our half and had a 4 game rookie as the 5/8 and the loss of Farnworth we went pretty well. If we come across the Storm in the semis they are now nothing to fear. Put Reynolds in that team and we would have been close to nailing them even with the bounce of the ball going the Storms way.

As usual Turpin came on and our attacked turned to shit. Surely there is someone else in the club that we can use as a back up hooker. He's so predictable out of dummy half that the defence just mobs our runners.

Considering we were missing our half and had a 4 game rookie as the 5/8 and the loss of Farnworth we went pretty well. If we come across the Storm in the semis they are now nothing to fear. Put Reynolds in that team and we would have been close to nailing them even with the bounce of the ball going the Storms way.

As usual Turpin came on and our attacked turned to shit. Surely there is someone else in the club that we can use as a back up hooker. He's so predictable out of dummy half that the defence just mobs our runners.
He’d probably be better off starting for 20 minutes then let Billy take over for the rest of the game. I hope paix has a miracle recovery this week

Thought Tyrone Roberts was great for us tonight considering he's our 4th choice half, went out and done his job.
We missed Herbies speed tonight, Brenko is just too slow out there in defence.
Oatesy deserves that origin jersey, but with Herbie gone he needs some help out there from the backs getting the metres, specially when Martin, Cobbo and Lee combined aren't making the yards Corey is.
Cobbo showed tonight there is no dew playing on the bitumen in Cherbourg.

It's a lost but I'm fine with it considering the injuries we had against the 2nd place team. Full strength and we win that.

I hate to be to critical but **** me these dense blokes need to switch there heads on. Cut the fucken piggy back penalties, line speed and getting back to marker are non-negotiables.

Look I love our Forward pack, bench, hooker rotation (Walters and Paix). Even our spine when fully fit. But **** we need Herbie to be back just before finals. Brenko wasn’t horrible but that edge is all of a sudden so slow and lacks creativity.

p.s. I realise this idea is way out of the box ... but maybe the refs should try and compete to see who is the best ref in the game.

much easier contest to win, given most of them have decided to compete to determine the worst ref in the game
It's all about context... the best ref is the one doing what NSWRL want them to do.

He’d probably be better off starting for 20 minutes then let Billy take over for the rest of the game. I hope paix has a miracle recovery this week
I'd rather see him never don the Broncos colours again. Nothing against him but he just isn't first grade standard.

Yes i'm hoping for a Paix miracle as well.

Honestly how can we keep blaming the refs when we lose?

What's wrong with line speed and mongrel in defence? Storm and Panthers do it and look at them. They suffocate teams. When we have a passive defensive line, we're just leaving ourselves open to these situations.
Well when 3 of their tries were directly of the back of blatant forward passes I can blame the ref.

Pretty good effort really. Ref was sodomising us all game. If Cobbo cleans that ball up (which he had covered) and if the refs and touchies did their fucking job with that Meaney forward pass, we're right in it up to our ball bags.

One thing that was obvious was that there was no real urgency on at line at times. I think Martin had a pretty forgettable second half. His positioning wasn't great and looked a bit tentative. We looked a different team when Walters and Carrigan went off in the second half. Just didn't have much punch through the middle.

I reckon we'll lose the next two and that's ok. You go through rough points in a season and this is ours. I expect us to hit the back end of the season running.
If Reynolds isn't 100% for the cows game I'll be happy if they rest him, because we absolutely need him 100% fit and firing for the dragons game in round 17.

We'll be up against it in Townsville... Cotter going down means Patty will play 13 for qld and probably even more minutes... Flegler could be brought into the team and Taulagi and Hammer both picked up niggles in the game tonight so Oates may get a gig.

All the cows injuries are likely to see them play next round, but could result in extra broncos playing rep weekend.

Melb too classy in the end despite playing pretty poorly. Really could of used ARey tonight as they expectedly looked a little disjointed. The Broncos gave a good account of themselves and further showcased how they have come "so far, so quickly." If they can snare a Top 4 spot come September, they could do anything.

I don't know if anyone heard this in commentary ... but in the second half we were attacking the Storm line late in the count and the 9 commentary team said that the touchie signalled for a six again but was "ignored" by Gee

Why do NRL fine NRL coaches for criticising the refs, constructive criticism is a key feature of any organisation

I don't know if anyone heard this in commentary ... but in the second half we were attacking the Storm line late in the count and the 9 commentary team said that the touchie signalled for a six again but was "ignored" by Gee
Doesn't suprise me, Gee is incompent, amateur level

Ref was ordinary but we need to overcome that. It's going to happen. And having Reynolds back will help that because he does call things out in the run of play, and the refs have some measure of respect for him.

Thing that irks me is the lack of acknowledgement in commentary, on Nine at least. Some of those forward passes - if it's the Broncos they're taking about it for the next five minutes. Storm, no mention...

I’m not blaming the refs like some but deadset if you get 3 challenges overturned in 1 game you should get hooked and replaced with another ref.
There should have been 2 more as well. Munster on the deadball line and Riki pulled off the ball. The touchies couldn't call a forward pass to save their lives either.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • sooticus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • rj9
  • mystico
  • Bish
  • Bronx48
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.