Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Tough one.
We played well all things considering.
I don’t like talking about refs but, that forward pass? That Munster out on the full catch, it’s just fucked.
Melbourne get away with everything, always.
They lay in the ruck, slow everything down yet we can’t buy a 6 again or penalty.
Munster and Grant a few times tonight stood in the line to impede our players, nothing.
A 19yr 6 who’s played 4 games + a 7 that hasn’t played much football over the last 2-3yrs, we can hold our head high. No Paix or Herbie either. Cobbo struggled a bit tonight but those games are expected, he’s still got a long way to go, but he will get there.

Reynolds needs to be spending overtime rehabbing. We need him, we’ve paid him the big bucks and now we need him on the field. If he was there tonight I give us every chance of winning that game.
The cowboys are flying and it’ll be our biggest game up there in a couple of weeks, we need Reyno.

Interesting decision by Kev to use Palasia for 4 minutes
Our big middles are Haas, Patty and Flegler... even Kobe to an extent.

More minutes to Palasia means less minutes to those guys... when the game is in the balance and Patty and Haas can play long minutes you get them on the field.

Palasia is mostly there to cover middle and second row when needed... the same way that TC has been used. Jensen doesn't typically come back on after his first stint either.

When you've got two second rowers playing 80mins there isn't a whole lot of room to use that 17th man effectively... a lot of teams struggle with how best to use that last guy on the bench.

Honestly how can we keep blaming the refs when we lose?

What's wrong with line speed and mongrel in defence? Storm and Panthers do it and look at them. They suffocate teams. When we have a passive defensive line, we're just leaving ourselves open to these situations.
They suffocate teams because they're allowed to. We look at their players for too long and the whistle is blown. Again, I know you like saying things to rile people up but if you can't see that the Panthers and Storm are being allowed to play different games than every other team then you simply have no idea about this sport.

Our big middles are Haas, Patty and Flegler... even Kobe to an extent.

More minutes to Palasia means less minutes to those guys... when the game is in the balance and Patty and Haas can play long minutes you get them on the field.

Palasia is mostly there to cover middle and second row when needed... the same way that TC has been used. Jensen doesn't typically come back on after his first stint either.

When you've got two second rowers playing 80mins there isn't a whole lot of room to use that 17th man effectively... a lot of teams struggle with how best to use that last guy on the bench.
Hindsight obviously but it would’ve been great to have TC there to replace Riki when we were chasing points.

They suffocate teams because they're allowed to. We look at their players for too long and the whistle is blown. Again, I know you like saying things to rile people up but if you can't see that the Panthers and Storm are being allowed to play different games than every other team then you simply have no idea about this sport.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Hindsight obviously but it would’ve been great to have TC there to replace Riki when we were chasing points.
It's something that Kevvie might look to in the future, but Riki is doing a role defensively.

Payten has been using his 17th man by subbing on a second rower for 60minutes... it might be a play for us moving forward with TC and Piakura waiting in the wings.

If we do go that way we need to make sure the guy coming on can have an impact (like Luki, etc. do for the cows) and can also hold his own defensively, which is what Riki is doing for the most part.

I think Riki can definitely do a role for us in the middle as well... like an RCG style middle (tall, lanky, athletic, strong, etc.)... Riki is probably being underutilised at the moment.

100% have always agreed. Silencing people is what dictatorships do.
Say hello to dictator vlandys, we don't let anyone have their say.

This is the thing that annoys me about the NRL, the corruption is so very clear but no one does a thing about it

I watched on channel 9 for the first time this season. Wow. What terribly terribly boring commentary.

I watched on channel 9 for the first time this season. Wow. What terribly terribly boring commentary.
Still a million times better than Ginane and Ennis (I'm assuming Mick "mostly forehead" Ennis was on with Ginane??)

It's something that Kevvie might look to in the future, but Riki is doing a role defensively.

Payten has been using his 17th man by subbing on a second rower for 60minutes... it might be a play for us moving forward with TC and Piakura waiting in the wings.

If we do go that way we need to make sure the guy coming on can have an impact (like Luki, etc. do for the cows) and can also hold his own defensively, which is what Riki is doing for the most part.

I think Riki can definitely do a role for us in the middle as well... like an RCG style middle (tall, lanky, athletic, strong, etc.)... Riki is probably being underutilised at the moment.
He has lapses in effort where he switches off around the ruck and it always kills us. And he’s good for a play the ball error every game or so. Even if this one wasn’t completely his own doing.

Couldn’t watch tonight

Sounds like an Adam Gee special from the comments on socials
Yeah was pretty bad. I normally blame the refs most games😂, but the storms did score 3 tries directly of the back of a few blatant forward passes (that is the touchies job tbf, but they were so forward he could've seen them), there were 3 captain's challenges that the decisions were overturned, storm held on for ages, gee ruled that Riki made an error in the play the ball - he did play it incorrectly but he was pulled forward as he tried to play it, flegler was pinged for being inside the ten on the back of a second broncos kick - but he actively backed away from the situation and wasn't involved at all, the usual piggy back penalties for no reason as well.

This was what I noticed and I only watched 45 minutes of the game 😂

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • broncotville
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • simplythebest
  • Behold
  • Skyblues87
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.