Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Not getting a single set restart, against the kings of wrestle, says it all really. The rule is a colossal joke.

Turpin was a handbrake in the second half, I really thought he might’ve been looking to impress & show some creativity, but it was same old turps.

I really liked Kevvie's response in the presser when asked about the forward passes. He just shut it down and sometimes you get them for you, sometimes you don't. He also said his team was good but not great and singled out some guys for praise, Roberts too. To me, he is a coach that gets it now, love the bloke. He didn't complain about the many decisions that went against us and while happy with the effort under the circumstances, did not use the circumstances as a get out clause. You can see why the players love to play for him.

I really liked Kevvie's response in the presser when asked about the forward passes. He just shut it down and sometimes you get them for you, sometimes you don't. He also said his team was good but not great and singled out some guys for praise, Roberts too. To me, he is a coach that gets it now, love the bloke. He didn't complain about the many decisions that went against us and while happy with the effort under the circumstances, did not use the circumstances as a get out clause. You can see why the players love to play for him.

he handled that well

but what was with the final question about Cotter getting injured ... nothing to do with the Broncos vs Storm

What am I supposed to do for the rest of the week if I don't have Broncos highlights to watch...
Relax and enjoy Billy's magical intercept (better than Ronaldo) and the speed at which Mam came from the other side of the field to support and score in the corner. Despite the ref being in another postcode he still wanted to call it a no-try (unashamed wanker) Gee by name and OMGee by nature.

I think even one of the gambling websites have made a meme about his inability to spot a forward pass last night.

Relax and enjoy Billy's magical intercept (better than Ronaldo) and the speed at which Mam came from the other side of the field to support and score in the corner. Despite the ref being in another postcode he still wanted to call it a no-try (unashamed wanker) Gee by name and OMGee by nature.

I think even one of the gambling websites have made a meme about his inability to spot a forward pass last night.

Lets not forget the opposite too because that Melbourne didn’t even look like getting it down but yep, that’s a try.

Mam looked like nothing wrong whatsoever, nope definitely no try that.

Lets not forget the opposite too because that Melbourne didn’t even look like getting it down but yep, that’s a try.

Mam looked like nothing wrong whatsoever, nope definitely no try that.
the side on angle for Hughes try where the ref gets in the way looks like he grounded the ball with his torso. i thought that was not acceptable now. Unless of course Storm.

the side on angle for Hughes try where the ref gets in the way looks like he grounded the ball with his torso. i thought that was not acceptable now. Unless of course Storm.

Maybe but I have no problem with that one. Three others though!

So I’ve slept on the result and after two cups of coffee to clear my head, I’ve thought some things.

1.) I HATE THE STORM WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS AND THEY CAN ALL JUMP OFF A CLIFF INTO A FIREY PIT OF COWS BALLS.
2.) We made some costly errors, Cobbo had a rookie moment game, Riki & Flegs had a couple of young fwd brain fades etc.
3.) We probably win with a different ref. But their spine was too classy so I can’t really take that to the bank.
4.) we need to learn a bit of their gamesmanship, Reyno does bring that.
5.) Turpin should never play for us again. Ever. prayers up for Gamble, Paix & Reyno.
6.) Brenko Lee is too slow and out of shape. We need to chuck Hoeter or Mariner in there.
7.) This team has grit and courage and is a million miles better than we were 2 years ago.
8.) Mam looks the goods. Just need to put in serious work with Reyno and kicking practice. He is silky with ball in hand. Imma say even better than Milf was.
9.) we need to re-sign Oates yesterday.

It is a little strange that we haven’t offered Oates anything, he definitely wants to stay.

That said, we might be waiting until after origin to get some of these deals started / sorted.

Yeah missed forward passes calls are different to other reffing blunders to in my eyes. A wrong send off for one of your players for example is massive and completely out of your control.

But a try off a forward pass is a fraction of a second execution error from the opposition and in most cases the try still would’ve been scored if the pass angle was different enough to be backwards. It still means someone allowed a line break or the defence allowed an overlap.

The team shouldn’t be counting on passes to float forward as part of their defensive structure.

Yeah missed forward passes calls are different to other reffing blunders to in my eyes. A wrong send off for one of your players for example is massive and completely out of your control.

But a try off a forward pass is a fraction of a second execution error from the opposition and in most cases the try still would’ve been scored if the pass angle was different enough to be backwards. It still means someone allowed a line break or the defence allowed an overlap.

The team shouldn’t be counting on passes to float forward as per of their defensive structure.
This is all true, but in a tight game, its those three missed forward passes that can be the difference between a win and a loss.

A win against Melbourne might be just about the biggest moral/confidence boost this team could get and is worth 5 times as much as a win over the doggies/tigers etc.

I hate that it came down to some controversial calls that we lost this game, and would obviously have preferred if we left no doubt and flogged them 40 - 0 but thats not reality when you play teams like Melbourne/Penrith and more often than not will come down to those missed errors that will determine the outcome.

If those calls are missed against lesser teams, the result is still recoverable, but against the Storm, its those missed calls that will almost certainly cost you the game.

Mams got a spot in our halfs for life now.....cant see how you can take him out of this team now...great effort.

Nice to see Tyrone get some game time, yet again another astute bit of business by our front office. Break in case of emergency type but im glad we have him..

No wonder Turps is going; 21 tackles and....nothing else....i know we had no choice but that performance has boosted Mozers career here...wonder if hes in the 17 by end of year?

Look, this is a dynastic team we came up against. Sure the Panthers are threatening to take that away from them but look back the last 10 years of us playing the Storm, after 10 minutes it wasnt a contest. Look at the half time score here.

I know its a loss but this was a "big" step in this teams development. We palyed as well as we were able to for the full 80. Im proud of the effort, and i dont often say that after another loss to the Storm..

But, i reiterate my call to the club; i said this while we were on our winning streak. Whether its going to the market or internally, we need to upgrade our hooker and fullback.

TMM with 30 run metres! WTF! The minimum you should expect from a top 8 fullback is 200m.

He is our best option now, but im not convinced with him we have solved our fullback issues.

I do notice Cook runs his contract with Souths down end of 23. Can lightning stike twice?

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.