Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Knights

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking smash him.

Re Jensen, I read a twitter post the other day from the guy that does the broncos stats, he said that out of all our forwards, Jensen is the only one with a negative points differential when he is on the field. Its like -72 or something and the next worse is Taupau with +40 odd. Might be a reason why he is being left out.

Jensen for Marty and the team is as good as it gets.

That said we are full strength for the first time since the Parra game, will be interesting to see how that makes a difference.

If any game this season was ready made for the pundits to jump on the "same as last year...they're about to fall off a cliff" it's this game. Newcastle have been extrtemely shakey of late. If we score early on them we could run away with it and prove our doubters wrong.

Jensen for Marty and the team is as good as it gets.

That said we are full strength for the first time since the Parra game, will be interesting to see how that makes a difference.
You want to drop a representative player for someone that's never been a constant 1st grader. Marty has an offload and a great quick play the ball to offer as well.

You want to drop a representative player for someone that's never been a constant 1st grader. Marty has an offload and a great quick play the ball to offer as well.
Yes, Marty has been full of errors that put us on the back foot lately, plus he can't do as many mins as Jensen.

The only thing I'm unclear on is the leadership off the ball stuff which Marty might be way better for.

Who do you replace for him?

Let's be honest here, Jensen is very unlucky, very very unlucky but Piakura was great last week, well everyone was to be honest. No one deserves to be dropped after that, he is just going to have to bide his time again.
What makes it work was that Capewell was also good, if not better, than Piakura. Handled the role swap with aplomb.

The idea is to get Piakura some game time, but it wouldn't surprise me that against some of the bigger packs, CJ and Marty both get a run, and Piakura steps back?

Who do you replace for him?

Let's be honest here, Jensen is very unlucky, very very unlucky but Piakura was great last week, well everyone was to be honest. No one deserves to be dropped after that, he is just going to have to bide his time again.

I'd start Jensen and have Flegs off the bench, dropping Tapau. I'd keep Piakura.

Jensen has played some of his best football starting for us. Flegler's aggression is great coming off the bench, and he would basically do what Tapau does for us but better. The team is better balanced that way, and it gives us more options for resting Haas or Carrigan earlier without losing as much if we have Flegler to bring on as their replacement.

Re Jensen, I read a twitter post the other day from the guy that does the broncos stats, he said that out of all our forwards, Jensen is the only one with a negative points differential when he is on the field. Its like -72 or something and the next worse is Taupau with +40 odd. Might be a reason why he is being left out.
Could be more to do with what time he comes on the field. That being said when he was benched for Flegler it felt like we started scoring more points at the start of the game... so maybe it is all Jensen's fault?

I'd start Jensen and have Flegs off the bench, dropping Tapau. I'd keep Piakura.

Jensen has played some of his best football starting for us. Flegler's aggression is great coming off the bench, and he would basically do what Tapau does for us but better. The team is better balanced that way, and it gives us more options for resting Haas or Carrigan earlier without losing as much if we have Flegler to bring on as their replacement.

So would I to be honest but if Taupau gets left out, that might well be it for him. And to be honest, it isn't like he isn't also playing well. He keeps the Haas roll on going.

I think it works best with Jensen starting because he is able to manage the opening grind well. He has solid metres, quick play the ball and solid in defence.

Then when the opposition thinks they have found a rhythm and bring on some of the reserves (typically weaker than their starters), we bring on flegler who ups the tempo and the opposition just can't match the increase in intensity.

I think it works best with Jensen starting because he is able to manage the opening grind well. He has solid metres, quick play the ball and solid in defence.

Then when the opposition thinks they have found a rhythm and bring on some of the reserves (typically weaker than their starters), we bring on flegler who ups the tempo and the opposition just can't match the increase in intensity.
We lose Fleg next year - Jensen fits his role with less risk IMO.

I’m not sure how that would be possible

Interesting though

It's very unlucky for Jensen but the way Kevvie is working it with Capewell-Piakura needs to be done. If either Riki or Capewell pick up a injury Piakura is getting thrown in without having time in the NRL. Otherwise we've got Palasia playing on a edge. So giving Piakura minutes is needed.
Jensen stays fresh injury free for when Patty, Payne or Flegler need a week off he slots straight in.

Seriously Jensen and Arthars must be the hardest done by players in the NRL this week. Just a shame, piakura was always going to take a spot in the 17. I think he will be back in cup at some point soon. It reminds me of mariner last year. He got a few games and they put them back in cup to see how much they outperform.

Seriously Jensen and Arthars must be the hardest done by players in the NRL this week. Just a shame, piakura was always going to take a spot in the 17. I think he will be back in cup at some point soon. It reminds me of mariner last year. He got a few games and they put them back in cup to see how much they outperform.
Not sure if losing your spot to better players in a pro sport team is unlucky as much as it is expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dony Eliakim
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.