Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but what sort of jersey did we play in? Is it some special occasion jersey?

Yeah, what was it with our forwards actually running onto the ball, hitting the advantage line at a bit of pace? Haven't seen that at the Broncos for about 5 years.

Paix and Dearden

A jersey to do with the story bridge I think. A one off apparently.
I thought it was a training jersey. I thought maybe Gentle was trying something different after he realised they train better than they play.

Sorry but I disagree, it was soft by both of them.

It was, and the real problem here is the absolute failure of a proper defensive structure on our goal line. As Fatty observed: "only 1 player in front of him (the try scorer)". You stack your goal line defence where the obvious play is a crash where a clever read by Hunt showed exactly that glaring defensive lapse. As well, a single player (Kennedy) defending a hole on the goal line - with Offa passively looking on - and standing flat footed against a crash play yielded the predictable result.

Last edited:
It was, and the real problem here is the absolute failure of a proper defensive structure on our goal line. As Fatty observed: "only 1 player in front of him (the try scorer)". You stack your goal line defence where the obvious play is a crash where a clever read by Hunt showed exactly that glaring defensive lapse. As well, a single player (Kennedy) defending a hole on the goal line - with Offa passively looking on - and standing flat footed against a crash play yielded the predictable result.
Exactly and I'm more than certain seibold was in charge of the defensive structures. Everyone has worked us out defensively.

I like what Rhys Kennedy brings. I think he is still finding his feet in first grade, but he could be a really handy player to have come off the bench. Having a team performing well would be better, and would make it easier for him to establish himself in the NRL.

I think he would benefit with playing a bit heavier though. He is quite skinny since he is so tall, and I think his frame would allow him to carry some extra weight. He would be pretty damaging and hard to handle if he put on about 5 kg of pure muscle.

I like what Rhys Kennedy brings. I think he is still finding his feet in first grade, but he could be a really handy player to have come off the bench. Having a team performing well would be better, and would make it easier for him to establish himself in the NRL.

I think he would benefit with playing a bit heavier though. He is quite skinny since he is so tall, and I think his frame would allow him to carry some extra weight. He would be pretty damaging and hard to handle if he put on about 5 kg of pure muscle.

I like Kennedy. Kennedy would really benefit from someone mentoring him, like Civo or Webcke.

Kennedy is one of the guys who gets out there and rips in, hasn't let all the outside noise disinterest him, I rate that a lot. He would be on my bench moving forward even at full strength.

Kennedy is one of the guys who gets out there and rips in, hasn't let all the outside noise disinterest him, I rate that a lot. He would be on my bench moving forward even at full strength.

He shares the passion for being a Bronc. Exactly what we need

5KG of pure muscle? He doesn't have 4-5 years to wait. He'll have to settle for about 0.5kg and the rest fat, not that it really matters.

5KG of pure muscle? He doesn't have 4-5 years to wait. He'll have to settle for about 0.5kg and the rest fat, not that it really matters.
It takes 4-5 years to gain 5kg of lean muscle? Really?

It takes 4-5 years to gain 5kg of lean muscle? Really?
Of 100% contractile tissue, for someone who's already exhausted newbie gains and has been training hypertrophy with progressive overload for more than 5-6 years, absolutely. (Most NRL players will fit this mould)

How long do you think it would take him to gain 5kg of pure muscle with no fat?

Of 100% contractile tissue, for someone who's already exhausted newbie gains and has been training hypertrophy with progressive overload for more than 5-6 years, absolutely. (Most NRL players will fit this mould)

How long do you think it would take him to gain 5kg of pure muscle with no fat?
Interesting. In that case, I think about 115kg would be a better playing weight for him. As you say, 0.5kg of muscle and the rest fat.

You always hear about putting on muscle. I believe the Panthers were saying Cleary put on 4kg of pure muscle over the off season. Based on that I thought 5kg would be achievable over an off season.

Interesting. In that case, I think about 115kg would be a better playing weight for him. As you say, 0.5kg of muscle and the rest fat.

You always hear about putting on muscle. I believe the Panthers were saying Cleary put on 4kg of pure muscle over the off season. Based on that I thought 5kg would be achievable over an off season.
A lot of journalists say stuff like this, even players do. Without a serious dose of steroids, it would be tremendously unlikely to put on 4kgs of pure muscle in 6 months for someone who's been lifting weights for years. If you're starting out - sure - that and more. If Cleary put on 4kgs of weight in 6 months, it's likely that nearly all of it is fat/water weight/glycogen retention. That's not a terrible thing, as athletes can still perform at higher levels of body fat very well, but it's just not pure muscle.

This article does a reasonable job of explaining it, or there's lots of knowledgable people on YouTube like More Plates More Dates - https://www.builtlean.com/2011/10/1...d-muscle-5-factors-that-affect-muscle-growth/

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Boss
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • Pablo
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.