International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Screenshot 20200823 123841

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I don't think Joffa did much wrong on the second try, I put that very squarely on Te'o. He missed him and had a very good shot on him. Not sure about the strip thing, when was that? Which minute ?
I though Joffa turned In and left him high and dry, but it could have been teo? I’ve only watched it once, and there was a point where Kennedy made a mistake just before he went off, but I can’t remember if it was a strip or dropped ball. I am with you, I don’t think Kennedy was that bad. I think Joe was worse, but even he came good In the 2nd half. they arent starting quality but were no where near as bad as expected and I think if they continue improving our bench depth is going to be pretty good.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
I've gotta give some credit to Wolfie about his positivity. He was never a fan of what was happening with the club or how the team was moving forward but unlike some others on here he hasn't death-rode the club and he has alwatd put forward suggestions that are realistic and work with what we got rather then living in some fantasy land like some others. I don't agree with him but respect his point of view (even though it's often wrong, because is the opposite of mine).

That's what a forum is about, not constant and repetitive bias bs and retrospective gloating despite it not being warranted.... not sure if that still happens though, the main culprit is on my blocked list and I'm enjoying the forum again!

Not sure if your trolling but I'm pretty sure @Wolfie is being sarcastic, at least in reference to his score predictions. If he is not, than the man has lost the plot, and should seek help immediately 🤣

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I though Joffa turned In and left him high and dry, but it could have been teo? I’ve only watched it once, and there was a point where Kennedy made a mistake just before he went off, but I can’t remember if it was a strip or dropped ball. I am with you, I don’t think Kennedy was that bad. I think Joe was worse, but even he came good In the 2nd half. they arent starting quality but were no where near as bad as expected and I think if they continue improving our bench depth is going to be pretty good.
Kennedy got a flop back but unfortunately Milford had turned his back on the play. It was a prop promoting second phase play but Milford screwed the pooch on that one. Te'o missed the second try (tackle) I believe and the attacker wasn't Joffas man, he was Te'os. I don't think Joffa was at fault there. Anyone who watches Kennedy in the first 21 minutes will be hard pressed to find fault. He was actually very good especially as he hasn't played 20 games yet, is very young and having his first game starting. In fact his game would be considered very solid for a veteran middle tier prop. I'd encourage you to watch the replay and pay close attention to his first stint. You'll probably be surprised as most would be.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
This has been an issue since ISC, I noticed it when he was at Wynnum 18 months ago. Not sure if it's lack of confidence or not sure what kick fits the situation.

He would barely kick for Wynnum just left it alone.

That's pretty much how I saw it......and how it looked. I didn't say his kicking was bad....but it looked forced. It didn't come naturally. Surprised if its been an existing hole in his game, why hasn't he/someone worked on it....??

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Was looking good. Cashed out. Took 180 in the hand. Go the Warriors.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Was looking good. Cashed out. Took 180 in the hand. Go the Warriors.
Still made money. Probably did the wrong thing though. I have the Warriors and Newcastle multi going for $50.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I will say this, I did make a mistake by being imprecise. When I used the word 'you' as in 'you were all wrong' I was referring to the posters who were slamming Kennedy and not the other 7.5 billion people on the planet. I got that wrong. Mea culpa.

Fucken hell...I don't even think anyone was actually "slamming" him. Passing comments were made about a couple mistakes he made in the first 10-15 mins of the game. I think all interested parties agree.....he played much better as the game went on and he looks to have heaps of potential.

Kennedy's general performance gets a thumbs up from me..... 👍

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Anyone that thinks the broncos as an administration will somehow sweep this season under the rug if we finish 15th, but will overhaul everything if we finish 16th are kidding themselves.
Not so sure about all of that. It’s like the other end of the spectrum- big difference being premiers or runners up. The Spoon is The Spoon and running 15th 'in a sence' is so much better than The Spoon.

I admit I am of the volition it’s darkest before the dawn and the worse we get flogged or how low our position on the ladder the better chance of some prick in our organisation will do the right thing or at least start a positive process.

Alas so far that prick is still a prick and not remotely interested.

So in that regard I am kidding myself, however at times I feel it’s our only hope.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yah, cashing out looks like the right decision. Just need Newcastle to bash the Cowpats for another payday.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Fucken hell...I don't even think anyone was actually "slamming" him. Passing comments were made about a couple mistakes he made in the first 10-15 mins of the game. I think all interested parties agree.....he played much better as the game went on and he looks to have heaps of potential.

Kennedy's general performance gets a thumbs up from me..... 👍
No mate he was being slammed.9 posters in a row, all calling him, plodder, terrible, garbage. Slammed. Just have to look the live thread.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
After discussing Friday night's game with the bro-in-law we are convinced that due to TV audiences plummeting in Queensland for Broncos games the NRL has wised up and now understand that the incessant caning of our boys is a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. For once we got the rub of the green and Freddy Fittler was ropeable at the end of the game because we were given a fair shake.

The scoreline we managed to finish up with after losing MIlf and playing with a virtual whole first grade pack missing just shows how deterministic the ref's decisions are now having on the game. If we had been flogged (as we usually are) in the 6 agains and the penalty count I don't think we would have got anywhere near the scoreline we did.

This is not to take anything away from the effort the guys put in. They do in fact put this sort of effort in every week but by the 60th minute they are so gassed and/or disillusioned by how the game is being reffed they fold. we have been pinged a few times for chipping the ref in previous weeks. Yeh, it's poor discipline, but when it is so obvious it must be really hard to bite your tongue when you're out there busting your butt.
Absolutely agree

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
We got absolutely hammered in penalties and 6 agains the first 4-6 rounds back. The worst penalty count for/against in the HISTORY of the NRL I believe. That was without the 6 agains counted! By that stage the team, with the worst injury count in the NRL that never got mentioned in the media, was hammered in confidence, being the youngest squad in the NRL with no reserve grade available to build confidence. I predicted the Broncos would "remarkably" make a "miraculous" change in discipline over the course of 1 week the same week that the tv ratings plummeting was reported in the media.

Please note: none of this is an excuse for the team or player performances, mid level and shit teams get pushed around by this type of crap, champion teams and clubs find a way through it, either through pushing back at executive level (roosters) or by manipulation of the new rules on the field to turn it around to your advantage (storm). But you'd have to be a complete numpty to not realise that there is obviously other things at play here IIMMEDIATELY after vlandys said a new Brisbane team was coming in (no coincidence the titans have suddenly found a lot of cap space and positive media given they would die as a club if a new SEQ club was introduced this year, and a lot of negative press and outside events with "bad luvk" mixed in for the Broncos as there's no way the new club gets enough fans with a winning broncos)...
Yea! This is exactly the conspiracy I believe too

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.