Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Fifita was pretty much ineffectual last night. In fact at times he stifled Staggs attacking flair and never looked like scoring a try nevermind winning a game for us. Sure, he's still not 100%

**** off with your over generalisation it's becoming tiresome. I'm beginning to understand why so many have you blocked.
I seldom generalise but I stand convicted here. Mind you that's what I was going for. Block away, all good.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The Dragons handled him pretty easily last night. He'll have to evolve his game but I think he's good enough to, otherwise he'll end up just as you've described.
Not much incentive to up your game when you're getting 1.25 million not even 50 games in and his new club bosses singing his praises as the god of rugby league and building the club around him. Too much pressure and I reckon he'll be a total flop of a signing. 1.25 million is crazy money and only the Titans are dumb enough to pay it. I'd have been happy to re-sign him at 700ish. Even a million is madness.

The last 2 games shows exactly how much a 1M+ backrower matters to a team, which is absolute **** all. It all starts in the spine and good props before the edge players start to have any impact, no matter how good they are. A good try a few times a season against shitty defensive teams isn't what makes a team competitive.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Fifita was pretty much ineffectual last night. In fact at times he stifled Staggs attacking flair and never looked like scoring a try nevermind winning a game for us. Sure, he's still not 100%

**** off with your over generalisation it's becoming tiresome. I'm beginning to understand why so many have you blocked.
I will say this, I did make a mistake by being imprecise. When I used the word 'you' as in 'you were all wrong' I was referring to the posters who were slamming Kennedy and not the other 7.5 billion people on the planet. I got that wrong. Mea culpa.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Not much incentive to up your game when you're getting 1.25 million not even 50 games in and his new club bosses singing his praises as the god of rugby league and building the club around him. Too much pressure and I reckon he'll be a total flop of a signing. 1.25 million is crazy money and only the Titans are dumb enough to pay it. I'd have been happy to re-sign him at 700ish. Even a million is madness.

The last 2 games shows exactly how much a 1M+ backrower matters to a team, which is absolute **** all. It all starts in the spine and good props before the edge players start to have any impact, no matter how good they are. A good try a few times a season against shitty defensive teams isn't what makes a team competitive.

In my opinion the pay pecking order is like this

1. Half back and 5/8th
2. Hookers and fullback
3. Props
4. Lock
5. Centres and back rowers
6. Wingers.

Of course experience and performance is a factor too

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Staggs is a backrower imo. I've said it since i first watched him play. He could easily be as effective as Fifita imo if we get the structure right. He just runs so hard and if we hit him properly he is going to be unstoppable. Recruit a couple of solid centers ( i'd be looking at Opacic and trying hard for a Morris or even 2 if they are still unsigned, Oliver Gildart from Wigan ), a hooker and a serviceable fullback and we can build and have a decent 2021 imo.
Too small, a center or 6 . I think rikki will be a great backrower tall and great runner of the ball , then staggs either inside or outside him.
Imo he'd be a waste as a backrower.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
After discussing Friday night's game with the bro-in-law we are convinced that due to TV audiences plummeting in Queensland for Broncos games the NRL has wised up and now understand that the incessant caning of our boys is a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. For once we got the rub of the green and Freddy Fittler was ropeable at the end of the game because we were given a fair shake.

The scoreline we managed to finish up with after losing MIlf and playing with a virtual whole first grade pack missing just shows how deterministic the ref's decisions are now having on the game. If we had been flogged (as we usually are) in the 6 agains and the penalty count I don't think we would have got anywhere near the scoreline we did.

This is not to take anything away from the effort the guys put in. They do in fact put this sort of effort in every week but by the 60th minute they are so gassed and/or disillusioned by how the game is being reffed they fold. we have been pinged a few times for chipping the ref in previous weeks. Yeh, it's poor discipline, but when it is so obvious it must be really hard to bite your tongue when you're out there busting your butt.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
After discussing Friday night's game with the bro-in-law we are convinced that due to TV audiences plummeting in Queensland for Broncos games the NRL has wised up and now understand that the incessant caning of our boys is a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. For once we got the rub of the green and Freddy Fittler was ropeable at the end of the game because we were given a fair shake.

The scoreline we managed to finish up with after losing MIlf and playing with a virtual whole first grade pack missing just shows how deterministic the ref's decisions are now having on the game. If we had been flogged (as we usually are) in the 6 agains and the penalty count I don't think we would have got anywhere near the scoreline we did.

This is not to take anything away from the effort the guys put in. They do in fact put this sort of effort in every week but by the 60th minute they are so gassed and/or disillusioned by how the game is being reffed they fold. we have been pinged a few times for chipping the ref in previous weeks. Yeh, it's poor discipline, but when it is so obvious it must be really hard to bite your tongue when you're out there busting your butt.
We got absolutely hammered in penalties and 6 agains the first 4-6 rounds back. The worst penalty count for/against in the HISTORY of the NRL I believe. That was without the 6 agains counted! By that stage the team, with the worst injury count in the NRL that never got mentioned in the media, was hammered in confidence, being the youngest squad in the NRL with no reserve grade available to build confidence. I predicted the Broncos would "remarkably" make a "miraculous" change in discipline over the course of 1 week the same week that the tv ratings plummeting was reported in the media.

Please note: none of this is an excuse for the team or player performances, mid level and shit teams get pushed around by this type of crap, champion teams and clubs find a way through it, either through pushing back at executive level (roosters) or by manipulation of the new rules on the field to turn it around to your advantage (storm). But you'd have to be a complete numpty to not realise that there is obviously other things at play here IIMMEDIATELY after vlandys said a new Brisbane team was coming in (no coincidence the titans have suddenly found a lot of cap space and positive media given they would die as a club if a new SEQ club was introduced this year, and a lot of negative press and outside events with "bad luvk" mixed in for the Broncos as there's no way the new club gets enough fans with a winning broncos)...

Last edited:
M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
I will say this, I did make a mistake by being imprecise. When I used the word 'you' as in 'you were all wrong' I was referring to the posters who were slamming Kennedy and not the other 7.5 billion people on the planet. I got that wrong. Mea culpa.

You flood every thread with your poor opinion, I’ll jump on that block train.

Last edited:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Damage has likely already been done... dogs are a massive chance today and that could see us on the bottom of the ladder.

It will be interesting to see how long the NRL lasts with their new powerhouse QLD club located just north of the Tweed.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Damage has likely already been done... dogs are a massive chance today and that could see us on the bottom of the ladder.

It will be interesting to see how long the NRL lasts with their new powerhouse QLD club located just north of the Tweed.
****, I'm cheering for the Dogs and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Bronco's! It's a fat payday if they salute, my multis are alive and well. I have also taken a two leg with the Warriors and Newcastle as insurance. Don't worry about the Bronco's, our recovery won't take anywhere near as long as some predict. Next year we'll never be out of the eight and probably top 6 by seasons end. Seeplod will be around for the first half of 2021 but after that?

I hope he isn't going to get that chance but my contact says that's the plan and has been for months and it remains the plan( as far as he knows) The review has already been done and an action plan plus media plan have been mapped out. As far as he knows there's no plan to get a new coach, yet. Longer range view is a new coach for 22 if 21 is a fail but 21 will be given a chance with Seeplod.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Don't worry about the Bronco's, our recovery won't take anywhere near as long as some predict. Next year we'll never be out of the eight and probably top 6 by seasons end.
Wait ... does Wolfie have a second account, which is somehow more positive than the first one??

And are you the leak to the media telling all the broncos secrets?

Wait are you Petey B? 🤯🤯

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I agree that he's not a superstar and most likely will end up being a middle of the road type prop. I just reject the snap judgement mentality, the instant gratification mindset. The first two tries had very little to do with him, yes he couldn't stop the try being scored but it was so much on Offa it's not funny. He actually stopped his man almost dead but it wasn't quite enough.

Had Offa made a better effort they almost certainly prevent a try. The second was almost entirely a Te'o missed tackle. Later in that stint Kennedy steps in to first receiver and forces the inside defenders to stay on him which ultimately creates the overlap resulting in our first try. Had he not done so no overlap is created. He really was very solid in his first stint too. Even the offload wasn't a bad thing, it was creative. He tackled well and I didn't see him miss a tackle in his first stint.

Considering he only played 39 minutes he still made 140 metres with just one missed tackle. I'd take both his stints all day every day.
Mate I thought the first 2 tries were 100% on Joffa. The 2nd one he left Kennedy high and dry and Kennedy wore the brunt of the blame from stupid Braith.
The only thing Kennedy did was drop (or strip?) the ball.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
****, I'm cheering for the Dogs and it has absolutely nothing to do with the Bronco's! It's a fat payday if they salute, my multis are alive and well. I have also taken a two leg with the Warriors and Newcastle as insurance. Don't worry about the Bronco's, our recovery won't take anywhere near as long as some predict. Next year we'll never be out of the eight and probably top 6 by seasons end. Seeplod will be around for the first half of 2021 but after that?

I hope he isn't going to get that chance but my contact says that's the plan and has been for months and it remains the plan( as far as he knows) The review has already been done and an action plan plus media plan have been mapped out. As far as he knows there's no plan to get a new coach, yet. Longer range view is a new coach for 22 if 21 is a fail but 21 will be given a chance with Seeplod.
In all seriousness I do agree that the recovery will not be as long as some are saying... we have basically had a starting calibre 13 sitting on the sideline for the bulk of the year, and didn't have an ingrained play style to fall back on when the NSWRL decided to change the competition with no time to adjust... whilst also using us as a guinea pig

I just don't want them to win the spoon... the only people that benefit from broncos winning the spoon are the plebs supporting every other team, who finally want to see us down the bottom, because they've all spent time down where we haven't.

Anyone that thinks the broncos as an administration will somehow sweep this season under the rug if we finish 15th, but will overhaul everything if we finish 16th are kidding themselves.

Wheels will no doubt be in motion regardless of where we finish on the ladder based entirely on performances that have taken place this year... so why give NSWRL a win.

**** those guys ... they've decided to back the titans and it will be a millstone around their neck that drags them to the bottom

Last edited:
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Wait ... does Wolfie have a second account, which is somehow more positive than the first one??

And are you the leak to the media telling all the broncos secrets?

Wait are you Petey B? 🤯🤯
I've gotta give some credit to Wolfie about his positivity. He was never a fan of what was happening with the club or how the team was moving forward but unlike some others on here he hasn't death-rode the club and he has alwatd put forward suggestions that are realistic and work with what we got rather then living in some fantasy land like some others. I don't agree with him but respect his point of view (even though it's often wrong, because is the opposite of mine).

That's what a forum is about, not constant and repetitive bias bs and retrospective gloating despite it not being warranted.... not sure if that still happens though, the main culprit is on my blocked list and I'm enjoying the forum again!

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Mate I thought the first 2 tries were 100% on Joffa. The 2nd one he left Kennedy high and dry and Kennedy wore the brunt of the blame from stupid Braith.
The only thing Kennedy did was drop (or strip?) the ball.
I don't think Joffa did much wrong on the second try, I put that very squarely on Te'o. He missed him and had a very good shot on him. Not sure about the strip thing, when was that? Which minute ?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of the bets you’ve spoken about on here pay out.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  • Lostboy
  • The Strapper
  • ezpz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.