PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Pretty sure it was Round 15 2004 against Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium

I recall Minto being in the same game. Lockyer flicked a pass to Hunt who beat McKinnon to score.

I'm 70% sure.
That definitely fits the image in my mind, could be it!

Yep this is the one.

There was no other such play in any of the those other games on the list. Not that I can recall.

Unfortunately, no footage. Not that I can find.
Sounds right.

If anyone does have the game (@Big Pete?), I’m almost certain it happens in the half where the Broncos are running right to left.

Sounds right.

If anyone does have the game (@Big Pete?), I’m almost certain it happens in the half where the Broncos are running right to left.

Do you recall anything else? Like the score when it happened or anything else in the game such as injuries? In the 2004 game it was the second try which gave the Broncos a 12-0 lead.

Do you recall anything else? Like the score when it happened or anything else in the game such as injuries? In the 2004 game it was the second try which gave the Broncos a 12-0 lead.
I don’t sorry.

As you say that though, I seem to recall it wasn’t a high scoring game, maybe a bit of an arm wrestle for the most part, and if what you’ve described is the play that I’m thinking, it might have been midway through the second half (we were definitely running right to left though) to put us in a more comfortable position.

I also think it was a Foxtel game, and probably the 7:30 match on a Saturday night.

I really am just going off memory and where I was when I watched it.

I hope I’m not sending you down the garden path, but I’m pretty confident about the details I have provided.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I had to chase up my colleague on this. He said and I quote “He wanted to be popular but wasn’t stern enough. Felt he was too soft on some of the trouble makers.”

Take what you will from that but seeing the problems our team are facing with little guidance from the top, the great promise of cultural change seems deader than Wayne’s smiles.
using the way someone teaches high school kids to how they run a pro league team is pretty silly.

In fact the nicest teacher in our school was also our rugby coach. He was like that teacher Lisa had a crush on in the Simpsons, never raised his voice or got angry. Should’ve seen the shock on my face when the first day at training he was red in the face from yelling and swearing every second word.

Last edited:
In the club's history.*

Ah well, can't change it now.

That made me sad. Back when we had a fullback that took on the line and could off-load, forwards who went forward (and scored tries), a centre that was in everything, and Locky and we threw the ball around. (sigh) Too bad we don't have any of those things now.

Last edited:
If nothing else, the Milford/Boyd switch shows how absolutely clueless the local league media are. They must hang around Red Hill cooking up rumours and trying to think up stupid zinger like questions to lob at the coach instead of actually paying attention to what's happening on the training field. Meanwhile, a fan throws it up on and they initially say, "Rubbish, I didn't see that", then scrounge around fan forums and leap on it like a pack of hyenas.

When you think about it, is there any genuine analysis in the media of Broncos games and/or performances? I never read match reports in the paper or online because they are usually cliche-filled rubbish. Any news articles during the week are bullshit generally and are focused on baseless speculation and attempts to intentionally destabilise the club. Unfortunately many supporters and the greater general public take up these stories and treat them as facts. I have been a long time visitor to this forum because I find this is the only place where I get to read the thoughts of fans who have a clue about the game and analyse our performances without any real agenda other than wanting to see our team perform well and give us some satisfaction as supporters. Because there is no better feeling than when they do. I think the club could do more to combat some of shoddy information we receive via the mainstream media. The Broncos' own social media articles are usually very light on for information or interest.

The best example of this is with Kodi.

All the media were saying was the Broncs weren’t going to be successful with him as a half. We release to get a good payday and suddenly we’ve dumped/treated terribly Locky 2.0

Interesting encounter just concluded. Met Sam Thaiday at the security entry for the gold and business lounges and got to talking as you do. Ended up getting him into the business lounge saying he didn't need to feel obligated to sit with me although he chose to do just that.

We talked for 20 odd minutes before being joined by Kev Walters. Sam said quite a lot but I only feel okay to let on, he rates Kent like most of us do!! We all love Kenty and so does Sam. We had a great chat about Seibs, Boydy and the Broncos amongst other things and he was easy going to chat to. I told Walters about the time I attempted to beat to death him and all his football team mates at a local tavern in Ipswich, I was unsuccessful but was fortunately dragged away by security and my mates who saved me from a beating. He was quite good to chat with and an affable fellow.

It makes for a good start to the day as I return to work. Those two were heading to Adelaide for tonight's game. They both still love the Broncos too and there's one more snippet. I told Thaiday how much we fans loved him getting over the top of JWH and he did go into some detail about it but the best line was 'I bullied the bully that day'. I told him I wish more Broncos would follow his lead.

Last edited:

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Splinter
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mystico
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Locky field goal
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • ell.d33
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.