Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Couldn’t believe that rubbish. No fend, no step, no overlap. It was man on man and he ran straight into him.

I'm absolutely saying we would be better off keeping Moose.

I certainly appreciate your conviction, even if I can't agree with you.

In this team, I can't see how Mcguire is anything more than a frustrated cheap-shot merchant and penalty magnet who probably winds up spending a chunk of the season suspended on the sideline. And he would probably overplay his hand even more than he did before because of the way this team plays. I honestly don't see him as the mentoring type, and admittedly maybe I'm wrong there, but I can't imagine his presence improves our young forwards in any tangible way. I think Gillett and Glenn are better role models, and were the correct forwards to hold on to for their experience.

If Bennett had stayed, perhaps Mcguire would have added more value, simply because the roster would have been more settled and comfortable. But the team as a whole likely wouldn't have improved on last year, and may have even regressed further. And sitting here near the bottom of the ladder I can see how maintaining our previous mediocrity is appealing, but in my opinion that would have just been kicking the can down the road.

Pain was inevitable. A lot of people shoulder a share of the blame for that. At the moment, and for better or worse, Seibold is the man tasked with digging us out of the hole. It's not going to be a quick fix, so I'm prepared to give him time and a bit of leeway while he does it. It looks like I'm still going to be disappointed and frustrated and angry a lot along the way, but I'm still holding out hope for the future.

Macca's continually inept distribution of the ball in the 20m made me more furious than anything, even more than Darius taking the ball dead. Seib's not putting Turpin on after the first 5minutes of the 2nd half made me even more furious.
What about when Macca had Milf and 3 unmarked players out to his right and he put in a grubber kick, think it was the 1st half. No one knew it was on and Watson got out of the ingoal. Then continuously going to Matt Lodge on the 4th. I now know it wasn't McGuire's fault.

WHAT A POTATO. I am done with Macca.
I am also done with Boyd.

Macca's continually inept distribution of the ball in the 20m made me more furious than anything, even more than Darius taking the ball dead. Seib's not putting Turpin on after the first 5minutes of the 2nd half made me even more furious.
What about when Macca had Milf and 3 unmarked players out to his right and he put in a grubber kick, think it was the 1st half. No one knew it was on and Watson got out of the ingoal. Then continuously going to Matt Lodge on the 4th. I now know it wasn't McGuire's fault.

WHAT A POTATO. I am done with Macca.
I am also done with Boyd.
Yes, how is it possible after so may games at hooker he is incapable of spotting an overlap? Ffs mate that is your bread and butter.

2018 BHQ: Mcguire is a ball hog who kills our attack and gives away dumb penalties. Nikorima has no business playing halfback. Kahu is useless anywhere but the wing.

2019 BHQ: This team would be so much better if we hadn't offloaded Mcguire, Nikorima and Kahu.

And the media get called out for being fickle and willfully contradictory...

I think it's pretty clear it was McCullough who was mostly killing our attack, not Moose. He's doing the exact same thing with Lodge now.
I don't get the hate for McGuire, he put in the effort every time he played. He was always right up there with our best forwards. It only started to go downhill as Macca started getting shittier.

Didn't watch the game because I was getting peer pressured in to drinking too much when out with for my sisters birthday. Is it safe to assume I should not bother watching the replay?

Tough choice. Waking up the next day with a pounding head, full of regret for what you foolishly consumed the night before. Or choose to have drinks.

For mine, the scuffle at full time displays where this team is at, mentally and also physically.
Why chuck a tantrum in the 80th minute, if it meant anything to this team, then they would have played with heart and spirit for the previous 79 minutes.
They looked looked like a bunch of six year olds that had just dropped all there lollies on the ground, and then spat the dummy.
The Knights loved it, the chant went up across the stadium, and as a fan, it was like rubbing salt into the wound, utterly embarrassing.
They were physically bashed up by Newcastle's middle men.
I was at the game, and there was a lot of talk from the Brisbane boys off the ball towards the knights, most noticeably was Oates.
The team collectively looked as if they didn't care, they wanted half time, and then they wanted full time.
There was no leader on field - as has been the issue for the last 2 seasons. Lodge wasn't good, nor was TPJ, Boyd Carrigan, Gillo, Offa, Macca, Shibba, the list goes on..
The only bloke for mine that had a dig last night was Payne Haas.
I think this team mentally think they are better then everyone else, but as I've said time and time before, they have won nothing, and will miss out on making the 8 this year. They are living off the history of the club.
The entire club needs a big clean out. From top down.
I was all about securing Lodge long term, but after last night, I am having second thoughts. As for TPJ, he has been non-existent since rd2.
I'd be leaving all retention until this season is down. It's time some responsibility was put onto this playing group, ask them the question whether or not they deserve to put the jersey on, because there aren't too many in this team for mine that deserve it at the moment.

2018 BHQ: Mcguire is a ball hog who kills our attack and gives away dumb penalties. Nikorima has no business playing halfback. Kahu is useless anywhere but the wing.

2019 BHQ: This team would be so much better if we hadn't offloaded Mcguire, Nikorima and Kahu.

And the media get called out for being fickle and willfully contradictory...

To be fair they looked like the weak links when Bennett had the rest of the team absolutely humming.

Now the entire team is busted playing for a fucking numpty

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear it was McCullough who was mostly killing our attack, not Moose. He's doing the exact same thing with Lodge now.
I don't get the hate for McGuire, he put in the effort every time he played. He was always right up there with our best forwards. It only started to go downhill as Macca started getting shittier.

That's certainly a fair assessment - I think a lot of individual shortcomings were and are symptomatic of wider issues.

I've never necessarily hated McGuire, and though I've never been a fan of his grubby (or stupid) stuff I definitely can't fault his effort or passion. And of the two Macs we were carrying, he would definitely have been the second one I'd have gotten rid of...

To be fair they looked like the weak links when Bennett had the rest of the team absolutely humming.

Now the entire team is busted playing for a fucking numpty
When was this team humming under Wayne in 2018?
I don't think a 48-18 loss, in week 1 of the finals in front of a packed Suncorp Stadium is what I would call humming.

Being a new coach to a club i understand that it may be difficult to sit the down and give them and absolute bellamy like spray, but someone who has been involved and well respected by the club for a long time has to have a serious talk with this squad.

I would be happy if our forwards ran hard (and with some fucking depth for a run up please!), backs not stand still and pass it along the line until someone runs like under 8's and the team have some line speed and hit with the shoulder in defence.

Seriously, half this team need to stick their hand down their shorts and check if they have a pair of balls.

I don't think a 48-18 loss, in week 1 of the finals in front of a packed Suncorp Stadium is what I would call humming.

What a stupid argument

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know if I’ve ever seen worse attack in the opposition 20, from the Broncos or any NRL side, in my time watching.

Not blaming Lodge either. He’s one of the few that will keep putting his hand up. Doesn’t mean you keep giving him the damn ball.

It’s Andrew McCullough. Every time we are near the try line he passes it to the nearest forward who is only there to engage the markers and not actually winding up.
On top of that he takes so long to pass that they have to practically stop to catch it.

Just look at the difference when Turpin came on. It still wasn’t amazing but at least our halves were touching the ball in the opposition 20 and when he did pass it one out (which we still did too often) the forward would at least attack the line at speed.

Macca has to go. Through all the bullshit this team has served up I have tried my best to find justifications for Seibold but I lost all faith in him when he demoted Turpin (and to a lesser extent Seggy) in favour for Macca. It’s blindingly obvious how much improved the team’s energy level and attacking intensity is when Turpin is on.

For mine, the scuffle at full time displays where this team is at, mentally and also physically.
Why chuck a tantrum in the 80th minute, if it meant anything to this team, then they would have played with heart and spirit for the previous 79 minutes.
They looked looked like a bunch of six year olds that had just dropped all there lollies on the ground, and then spat the dummy.
The Knights loved it, the chant went up across the stadium, and as a fan, it was like rubbing salt into the wound, utterly embarrassing.
They were physically bashed up by Newcastle's middle men.
I was at the game, and there was a lot of talk from the Brisbane boys off the ball towards the knights, most noticeably was Oates.
The team collectively looked as if they didn't care, they wanted half time, and then they wanted full time.
There was no leader on field - as has been the issue for the last 2 seasons. Lodge wasn't good, nor was TPJ, Boyd Carrigan, Gillo, Offa, Macca, Shibba, the list goes on..
The only bloke for mine that had a dig last night was Payne Haas.
I think this team mentally think they are better then everyone else, but as I've said time and time before, they have won nothing, and will miss out on making the 8 this year. They are living off the history of the club.
The entire club needs a big clean out. From top down.
I was all about securing Lodge long term, but after last night, I am having second thoughts. As for TPJ, he has been non-existent since rd2.
I'd be leaving all retention until this season is down. It's time some responsibility was put onto this playing group, ask them the question whether or not they deserve to put the jersey on, because there aren't too many in this team for mine that deserve it at the moment.

I didn't even know the scuffle had happened. I'm impressed that you made it all the way to the 80th minute.

He means guys like roberts and Boyd would get on their knees and give the old man a hummer for looking after them outside of football.

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Dash
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • kiwibronco
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Ondi
  • Scdeac
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.