[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We win all 10 = 26 points. Enough to make the 8 I think :)
There is actually only 9 games left. A 12-12 record will get them into the playoffs, 11-13 might even do the job depending on +/-. Unfortunately, the Broncos will be nowhere near this. They will win two more games at the most and will need some luck along the way to even achieve that.

There is actually only 9 games left. A 12-12 record will get them into the playoffs, 11-13 might even do the job depending on +/-. Unfortunately, the Broncos will be nowhere near this. They will win two more games at the most and will need some luck along the way to even achieve that.
Our winning streak is starting this weekend against the Sharks.

Honestly, if we get touched up at home by the Sharks this weekend, is it curtains for Kev?

Honestly, if we get touched up at home by the Sharks this weekend, is it curtains for Kev?
I think it's pretty obvious that it won't be. It would be pretty foolish to fire someone 16 games into majorly rebuilding an absolute trash heap left behind by Seiplod.

There is also the money factor. Paying out Kevie the remainder of his contract after dishing out millions to Seibs not to mention hiring a new coach would be a financial disaster.

The Broncos are a rich club but they are taking a big hit as well in this era of COVID and unfavorable onfield results. Kevie's job is safe for till next year but the longer the Broncos remain uncompetitive, the closer D-day becomes for him.

If we won all remaining games (we won't even come close), we'd likely finish in fifth or sixth such is the lack of quality in this year's comp.

I think it's pretty obvious that it won't be. It would be pretty foolish to fire someone 16 games into majorly rebuilding an absolute trash heap left behind by Seiplod.

There is also the money factor. Paying out Kevie the remainder of his contract after dishing out millions to Seibs not to mention hiring a new coach would be a financial disaster.

The Broncos are a rich club but they are taking a big hit as well in this era of COVID and unfavorable onfield results. Kevie's job is safe for till next year but the longer the Broncos remain uncompetitive, the closer D-day becomes for him.
I understand the people saying no, he won't get sacked and I don't think he should either.

I do think however that the pressure will be almost unbearable if we get smashed by 50/40/30 at home by the Sharks though.

I understand the people saying no, he won't get sacked and I don't think he should either.

I do think however that the pressure will be almost unbearable if we get smashed by 50/40/30 at home by the Sharks though.
I think Kev sees out this year regardless as there is enough change on the horizon that everyone is already looking to next year and the club has positioned themselves in such a way that the media has turned on the players and everyone who has/will be moved on - rather than the coach. Which is fair enough too.

I think Kev has the opportunity to really prove himself worthwhile with the run home. A hot run home for the titans from Holbrook last season had the whole NRL world on his side. I’d love to see Kev do something similar and give the team some hope and momentum going into next year. I have no doubts that on current form the club will be heavily considering other coaching options even if it’s not stated publicly, and a strong end of season push would really help Kev justify keeping him on. Kev succeeding is in the best interest of everyone.

Even if Kev completely flubs it, I think those in power will still use the final
year of Kev’s contract to rebuild what they need to before bringing in someone else. It gives them a scapegoat for another poor season while getting their ducks in a row. The only way Kev gets sacked is if some sure thing suddenly becomes available over the off-season - such as Bellamy or Robinson (which won’t happen).

There is no chance Kev disappears this year - we know it, the media know it and the players mostly know this season is on them.

The Broncos are a rich club but they are taking a big hit as well in this era of COVID and unfavorable onfield results. Kevie's job is safe for till next year but the longer the Broncos remain uncompetitive, the closer D-day becomes for him

Absolutely and it could very well end up that way. Cronulla are garbage but are a class above the Broncos and they could easily tally up a big score.

I feel for Kevie, I think he envisioned the squad to be faring a lot better than they are currently. But it'll take a lot more than instilling that "Bronco pride" to turn this mob around.

Next year will be a new look squad and he can begin working on some consistency among the ranks. It still will be an imposing task but the new blood in the club (players and mgmt) will do wonders for the club.

Gamble and Croft in the halves. Staggs at centre. Isaako and Oates on the wings. Robati starts for TPJ (suspended).

Screenshot 2021 06 29 at 15 59 34 Broncos v Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • RodF
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • MrRobot
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncs1459
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.