10. Kennedy
11. Glenn (c)
12. Robati (How good is he looking!)
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Bullemor
16. Flegler
17. Riki
All good except Glenn has put in his effort for the next 10 games, may as well promote Riki if you want some effort out of that side's second row.

If he plays 5/8, I reckon we lose more than we gain. With such an incredible running game, putting him in the halves is for mine a waste.
You know, I felt this way until today. Every time he had his hands on the ball, I felt like something was going to happen. It may have fizzled a few times, but something....

More excitement than I have felt about the broncos in almost 2 years. Was refreshing. There's worse blokes we could give the number 6 to,

Congratulations to the team not just on the win but on their spirit as well, which is just as important.
I don't know how to react to today. A clear path to a top 8 spot is on offer given the easy run home. On the other side of the coin, we beat a Sharks team hurt by Moylan's late withdrawal and a dodgy decision, by one try. It may yet price a false dawn.

i don't recall a dodgy decision going our way.

the more is see that Payne Haas effort at the end ... the more I love it.

it just shows a great attitude. he runs 80 odd meters to stop a try when the game was already won for us. he could have just as easily let Kennedy score there and we still win by 2 points.

the more is see that Payne Haas effort at the end ... the more I love it.

it just shows a great attitude. he runs 80 odd meters to stop a try when the game was already won for us. he could have just as easily let Kennedy score there and we still win by 2 points.
Agree 100%.
Bloke is easily my favorite Bronco and i love the effort he puts in each week.
Criminally underpaid when you see the effort blokes like Milford on a million a year put in.

Haas can hold his head high in a wooden spoon team and there are blokes in this side who should be ashamed of themselves that a 21 year old kid on half their money puts them to shame every single week.

I'd be looking at this next week assuming everyone is available:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Oates
6. Gamble
7. Kelly
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn (c)
12. Robati (How good is he looking!)
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Bullemor
16. Flegler
17. Riki
Palasia should be considered, no?

He played 55 mins, 28 tackles 2 misses, ran for 168 metres, 79 pcm in a pretty darn good performance. Thought he was putting his hand up.

Palasia should be considered, no?

He played 55 mins, 28 tackles 2 misses, ran for 168 metres, 79 pcm in a pretty darn good performance. Thought he was putting his hand up.

I thought Palasia was our 2nd best forward behind Haas. He was regularly bending the line and ran with plenty of aggression.

Backing up his form in Queensland Cup where he's playing big minutes in the middle and running for over 100m every week.

I'd have him in the team ahead of Flegler at the moment.

I agree with the comments regarding Glenn having a poor game. Watching live from the stadium, so many sets start off with Glenn standing on the wing by himself, not doing anything. Before the bizarre forward pass call back, he was standing away, not doing anything. That was a frequent sight, not looking like he wants to get involved

Just finished watching the replay again and I have to say that is my favourite win in a long time. Everyone has already made great points but the things that stood out most to me were:

1. How good this game was in general. Without a heap of six agains and the ref letting it flow it was the closest RL has been to RL in a long time. This is the game we all fell in love with and we need to get back to it somehow.

2. Payne Haas, the guy just gets better and better. His drive and passion is everything we need and it must lift the team. If Payne just made the metres he does and nothing else he would be up there with one of the best forwards in the game but that last play exemplifies what makes him special. The dying seconds of the game with a try to the Sharks not enough to secure them the win and this massive human is not only sprinting back but is organising the other players in defense to try and stop the try. Then once the ball is kicked he somehow manages to get to it before the much faster player in Kennedy. I cannot say enough about this guy, he needs to be a Bronco for his whole career and should be earmarked as the captain after Reynolds.

3. How good was Staggs coming back from an ACL and such a long layoff. He was instrumental in the win today not just with his individual game but he changes the attack on that side with his speed and power. Add to that his passion and will to win, you could see he was riding the game from the sideline when he was taken off and sprinted back out when Arthars came off.

4. Rhys Kennedy was immense today and showed he is more than a depth piece. Great value for his pay packet and I honestly didn't see us lose anything there without Lodge. Very under-rated player which I have been guilty off but if he keeps this up he will win a lot of fans.

5. Nui deserves the chance to show if he is our fullback going forward. He has plenty to work on but he was great today and his support play is something we have missed for ages.

6. The whole team were brilliant today, cohesive and clearly loved playing together. There has clearly been toxic people in the team and on this small amount of evidence it is hard to say that moving on Lodge, TPJ and Milford is not about more than just their pay packets.

7. Lastly, man I love Gamble. I don't know how long this will last and I hope there is a place in the team for him next year but however long this lasts I am going to love it. He is such a competitor and that play to knock at the ball from Ramien was huge and I love how he gets up in his face after it. There is so much Hodges in his attitude and a team needs that.

I thought Palasia was our 2nd best forward behind Haas. He was regularly bending the line and ran with plenty of aggression.

Backing up his form in Queensland Cup where he's playing big minutes in the middle and running for over 100m every week.

I'd have him in the team ahead of Flegler at the moment.
Yeah Flegs would benefit with some time in cup.

Yeah Flegs would benefit with some time in cup.
To be honest I quite like Flegler and think he's just doing an apprenticeship at the moment. I've never thought props are doing their best work in their early twenties. I know I know, what about Haas ? Well, Haas might not be anywhere near his best!! He may become the GOAT in the position. Keep Flegler unless we need to trim more fat but I vote he stays and develops. Mind you, he's way overpaid IF the reported 600k pa is correct.

Credit to Super Freak for death riding us through that second half. Worked a treat this time.

With Lodgey gone, I have found a new avatar. I don't know how long the Gamble train will run for, but he's it for now since he's been right in the middle of two of my favourite moments of the season - hulking up when he got Brimson sin-binned vs the Tits, and what was effectively the match-turning moment yesterday. Jeez fans of other clubs must hate him which makes me love him even more lol.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.