[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Didn't get to watch more than the last 6 min. but looking at the play-by-play there was a noticeable lack of early run-on 6-again calls. Funny how when the game doesn't have those it plays like a regular game of rugby league.

Thoughts:

1. No Lodge, TPJ, Flegler, Coates, Milford. No worry.
2. Rhys Kennedy is the business.
3. Give Niu a new contract.
4. Keep Jamayne on the wing. Let Coates leave.
5. Thank **** we kept Staggs.
6. Payne Haas is the heart of the rebuild.
7. What Turpin and Gamble lack in skill, they make up in ticker.
8. We'll be fine next season.
9. Glenn was first man in to congratulate scorers. First time he's looked like a captain's arse.
And he rushed to ccaptains challenge! I couldn't believe it, surely someone told him. And it paid off! I was just happy he did it.

I dont think we had a bad player on the field today.
There was the odd brain fart which is to be expected with a team near the bottom of the ladder, but they all played their guts out and i reckon Kev has been hammering the "fresh start" idea for the past 2 weeks starting with brutal training sessions.
Good stuff.

Exactly the type of game we would have lost in previous weeks. Huge effort by the boys to not drop their heads and get the win despite some awful, blatant refereeing (as always).

Staggs was immense - not just his performance but also his energy and passion and will to win. Very Hodges-esque.

Haas too was a real leader out there - showed some ball playing ability we’ve rarely seen before and huge spirit and for him to be the one chasing the ball into the in-goal to clean up in the dying seconds really typified how huge and courageous his performance was … his best game that I can remember.

I thought Turpin and Gamble were both great too - again, Gamble’s fire and passion was great to see and lifted the side, and I thought Niu also had his best game to date.

Glenn and Croft both very disappointing.

Great team win, hopefully the boys can use it to build some momentum into the end of the year.

PS… sharks are such a disgusting, grubby, niggly team and Sharon woods is literally a pillow.
Cannot agree about Croft and Glenn...this week. Glenn was pretty good I thought.

Screen8dde74a6f5649f5c7ff641a8782eab75

Active Now

• broncs30
  • broncos4life
  • Manlyman
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • cento
  • Tim K
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Astro
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.