[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

I know this will probably go against popular opinion but I really like that we have the bye next. This young-mixed with journey men teams problem isn't that it isn't capable of putting in great performances like today, it's that it can't keep up with the grind of week to week NRL. Throw in vlandys ball and they just get trounced and demoralised trying to keep up....

On a side note, I have no doubt we will hear from vlandys about how this game shows the 6 agains work to make great football. He's been creeping in the darkness the slime while all the blowouts have been happening despite Fox's best efforts to make it sound like it's working. Problem is, this game was good BECAUSE the 6 agains WERE NOT a factor.

Ikin would be sitting there with a smug shit eating grin on his face right now i reckon the merkin haha.
Would be good for his confidence coming into the club and getting a win immediately, good on him!

The bench was a big highlight for me. They need to keep it up so the coach isn't afraid to give Haas a break.
I think Haas ended up getting almost a 20min break, which is great. If he can play closer to 60mins per game I'll be happy

I would prefer he come off in the 10mins before halftime, but happy that he got that kind of break at some point, at least

I know this will probably go against popular opinion but I really like that we have the bye next. This young-mixed with journey men teams problem isn't that it isn't capable of putting in great performances like today, it's that it can't keep up with the grind of week to week NRL. Throw in vlandys ball and they just get trounced and demoralised trying to keep up....

On a side note, I have no doubt we will hear from vlandys about how this game shows the 6 agains work to make great football. He's been creeping in the darkness the slime while all the blowouts have been happening despite Fox's best efforts to make it sound like it's working. Problem is, this game was good BECAUSE the 6 agains WERE NOT a factor.
And after the bye we have Tigers on Sunday at Suncorp.

The win today was massive.

Haas best game of the year.
18 runs, 201 metres, 41 tackles, no misses, no errors, 1 offload, try assist and a line break assist.

I'm hoping the offload and little bit of ball playing today is Parker imparting his wisdom.
I’m sure we could’ve imparted that wisdom for a fiddy

Ikin would be sitting there with a smug shit eating grin on his face right now i reckon the merkin haha.
Would be good for his confidence coming into the club and getting a win immediately, good on him!
He dead set look like Wayne Bennett sitting there with no emotion on his face.

That effort from Haas though shows what we miss the most, just that extra effort in defence. We had the match won, past efforts we would have just stopped even chasing and let them score. Haas wasn't about to let that happen.

And Gamble **** yeah I love that shit, someone getting fired up after a big hit in defence.

And this is what Vlandy's will never understand, fans don't want high scores and faster game, they want contests!!!

The only flaw in the performance was Niu not backing himself to catch the ball at least 3 times, and running into Isaako under a highball.

Oates had his typical drop ball in our end during a hit up.

Everything else was great.

Wasn’t able to watch but listened on 2gb. Gotta say Darryl brohman’s commentary was great! It’s the first time I’ve heard him call a game but could not detect any bias whatsoever. 9 would do well to consider him imo.

They said the Broncos couldn’t win.. Kevvie said they could.. confusion reigned in the sheds until…
78B27B14 61FD 4215 B414 6A235B5C05F6

Haas was very good, as usual, but with a bit more confidence to move the ball.

I thought Turpin showed more variety today too, still not enough, but he shows these glimpses that he is capable of it.

I thought Palasia probably has earned himself a new contract, he was very solid.

We have to find some linespeed, we are putting ourselves under soo much pressure because we aren’t putting them under any. We were conceding 80m sets because we just sat back and waited for them. It has to improve, it’s really obviously terrible atm.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.