Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

1. Darius Boyd - He seems to have settled into this "Not terrible but not amazing either" mode and is sort of just drifting along, much like Thaiday but not as fat. Still has a shocking attitude when it comes to the captaincy, and it showed with his complete lack of leadership in the 1st half to get the team up when it was clear we were being monstered. 5
2. Corey Oates - Easily the best player we're fielding at the moment when TPJ isn't present. He is both playing for the QLD jersey which he has frankly been robbed of this year and also a new contract with a healthy dollar attached to it, and so he should get it too. 9
3. James Roberts - I loved his engagement in the 2nd half, pretty much shoving McC out of the way to get into dummy half. We need to see more of that from him. Any ball that Jet sees is good ball. A quiet first half drags down his score a tad. 6
4. Jordan Kahu - Dived on a gift try in the 2nd and seemed to defend really solidly. He's adapting well to the centres it seems, but you can't help but feel bad for Staggs, who played out of his skin and now is back in reserve grade. 6
5. Jamayne Isaako - Goalkicked like a freak and made a nice break to get us out of trouble when we needed it. Still very suspect in defence but for his rookie year, he's been very impressive. I'm giving him an 8 just for that amazing goalkicking which is so refreshing. 8
6. Anthony Milford - It's almost amazing how ying and yang his season has been, where it is literally coming down to having an abortion of a 1st half then being best on ground in the 2nd. He must work on his consistency going forward otherwise we're 8th placed roadkill in the finals. 7
7. Kodi Nikorima - He'd honestly be lucky to get a run in reserves at this point, and the fact that he played rep footy only 2 weekends ago makes for a depressing reality for NZ. A turnstile in defence and is lucky to fluke 1 or 2 positive plays a game. SOS literally anyone else. 4
8. Matthew Lodge - Was exposed a fair bit around the ruck in the 1st half but then Hodgson will do that to anyone short of Cameron Smith. Still, he worked hard for the whole game and didn't do anything stupid discipline wise. 6
9. Andrew McCullough - My faith in him being our hooker going forward has evaporated. His deficiencies in attack are completely overshadowing his positives in defence at this point, and Hodgson made him look second rate. I'm starting to believe we'll never win the premiership as long as he is our number 9. 3
10. Sam Thaiday - Personified how shit our first half was by looking fat, slow and error prone. Made up for it by not being terrible in the 2nd half but god damn if he's not being carried through his swansong season. 4
17. Alex Glenn - In a generally rubbish team performance, I guess he stood out. His support of Milf in the 2nd half for the try was good stuff, he defended solidly and didn't do anything stupid. If only he could perform like that every week. 7
12. Jaydn Su'a - His night was over early so there wasn't much to judge him on, but some of the hits he put on in defence were beauties. Another one we have to move heaven and earth to retain. 6
13. Josh McGuire - Back to Prop please. His lack of an offload is really killing us in attack. Otherwise it was a classic solid McGuire performance. 6

14. Patrick Mago - Had a pretty good game I thought. We were all concerned about the bench in the lead up to kick off and he stood up to somewhat negate that. Still, he's horrendously out of shape. 6
15. David Fifita - For a second rower on debut, you couldn't expect much more. Ran for some good metres off the bench and defended well for a young bloke. Man the amount of quality forwards we have coming through is getting insane. 6
16. Tom Opacic - Unsighted. What a waste of a bench spot. At least Staggs could've got some time in the 2nd row. N/A
18. Korbin Sims - was purely OKAY. Didn't stand out much for his experience but wasn't terrible on return either. Still wouldn't be against shipping him off at the end of the season. 5

Last edited:
1. Darius Boyd - He seems to have settled into this "Not terrible but not amazing either" mode and is sort of just drifting along, much like Thaiday but not as fat. Still has a shocking attitude when it comes to the captaincy, and it showed with his complete lack of leadership in the 1st half to get the team up when it was clear we were being monstered. 5
Who do you reckon did all of the speaking at half time?

Should it really have taken him 40 minutes to wake up and get his team moving?
Why don't you just say you're not willing to give him any credit for the 2nd half comeback? There isn't a lot a captain can do at that stage. But you're welcome to let us know what he could have said or done to stop Milford and Niko from handing the ball to the Raiders at every possible chance.

Anybody else of the opinion that Bennett let them off the leash at halftime ?
I mean, we looked to have such a defensive/conservative gameplan in that first half... only to see the complete opposite after halftime [emoji848]
Didn't WB say he didn't talk to them ? I believe Boyd when asked what he'd said to his team mates at halftime that like WB, he'd said 'not much'. Something about taking a leaf.

Should it really have taken him 40 minutes to wake up and get his team moving?

how do you know he wasn't talking before half time ... because they didn't show him for the full 40 minutes on TV?

Last edited:
So just to be clear everyone, IBM's position on Boyd is that he will get all of the criticism and none of the credit. Seems fair.

Last edited:
17. Alex Glenn - In a generally rubbish team performance, I guess he stood out. His support of Milf in the 2nd half for the try was good stuff, he defended solidly and didn't do anything stupid. If only he could perform like that every week. 7

13. Josh McGuire - Back to Prop please. His lack of an offload is really killing us in attack. Otherwise it was a classic solid McGuire performance. 6
Two things bro. Glenn is one of our most consistent players that plays at a high level. I wouldn't be saying if only he could perform like that every week.
The other thing, go take a look at the extended highlights and see how many offloads Mcguire does that leads to tries in the end

So just to be clear everyone, IBM's position on Boyd is that he will get all of the criticism and none of the credit. Seems fair.
To be fair, @I bleed Maroon can only gauge a performance on what he / she see’s.

Every time there was a Broncos huddle while Isaako was kicking goals, Milford was the only one I saw doing the talking.

I’m not looking to argue, but I’m very confident you’ll notice the same thing if you watch a replay.

That said, if there’s footage of Boyd doing the talking, I’m happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
Two things bro. Glenn is one of our most consistent players that plays at a high level. I wouldn't be saying if only he could perform like that every week.
agree here

The other thing, go take a look at the extended highlights and see how many offloads Mcguire does that leads to tries in the end
my guess is **** all ... according to fox sports he has only made 5 offloads all year ... Isaako has made more

2. Corey Oates - Easily the best player we're fielding at the moment when TPJ isn't present. He is both playing for the QLD jersey which he has frankly been robbed of this year and also a new contract with a healthy dollar attached to it, and so he should get it too. 9
3. James Roberts - I loved his engagement in the 2nd half, pretty much shoving McC out of the way to get into dummy half. We need to see more of that from him. Any ball that Jet sees is good ball. A quiet first half drags down his score a tad. 6
4. Jordan Kahu - Dived on a gift try in the 2nd and seemed to defend really solidly. He's adapting well to the centres it seems, but you can't help but feel bad for Staggs, who played out of his skin and now is back in reserve grade. 6
5. Jamayne Isaako - Goalkicked like a freak and made a nice break to get us out of trouble when we needed it. Still very suspect in defence but for his rookie year, he's been very impressive. I'm giving him an 8 just for that amazing goalkicking which is so refreshing. 8
6. Anthony Milford - It's almost amazing how ying and yang his season has been, where it is literally coming down to having an abortion of a 1st half then being best on ground in the 2nd. He must work on his consistency going forward otherwise we're 8th placed roadkill in the finals. 7
7. Kodi Nikorima - He'd honestly be lucky to get a run in reserves at this point, and the fact that he played rep footy only 2 weekends ago makes for a depressing reality for NZ. A turnstile in defence and is lucky to fluke 1 or 2 positive plays a game. SOS literally anyone else. 4
8. Matthew Lodge - Was exposed a fair bit around the ruck in the 1st half but then Hodgson will do that to anyone short of Cameron Smith. Still, he worked hard for the whole game and didn't do anything stupid discipline wise. 6
9. Andrew McCullough - My faith in him being our hooker going forward has evaporated. His deficiencies in attack are completely overshadowing his positives in defence at this point, and Hodgson made him look second rate. I'm starting to believe we'll never win the premiership as long as he is our number 9. 3
10. Sam Thaiday - Personified how shit our first half was by looking fat, slow and error prone. Made up for it by not being terrible in the 2nd half but god damn if he's not being carried through his swansong season. 4
12. Jaydn Su'a - His night was over early so there wasn't much to judge him on, but some of the hits he put on in defence were beauties. Another one we have to move heaven and earth to retain. 6

14. Patrick Mago - Had a pretty good game I thought. We were all concerned about the bench in the lead up to kick off and he stood up to somewhat negate that. Still, he's horrendously out of shape. 6
15. David Fifita - For a second rower on debut, you couldn't expect much more. Ran for some good metres off the bench and defended well for a young bloke. Man the amount of quality forwards we have coming through is getting insane. 6
16. Tom Opacic - Unsighted. What a waste of a bench spot. At least Staggs could've got some time in the 2nd row. N/A
18. Korbin Sims - was purely OKAY. Didn't stand out much for his experience but wasn't terrible on return either. Still wouldn't be against shipping him off at the end of the season. 5
Not to nitpick, because I actually think anyone who takes the time to put this much effort and thought into a review shouldn’t be chastised for their thoughts.

But... I actually think Thaiday has been gradually getting better each week. He’s doing lots of the dirty stuff, the carries off kick-offs etc. that no one likes doing. I agree he was ordinary to start the season, but I think he’s bringing more lately, especially as a calming figure to our incredibly inexperienced forward rotation.

Mago has also exceeded my expectations. He makes metres every time he runs the ball. If he can get on the TPJ training regimen, he could develop very nicely.

Otherwise, thanks for your thoughts!

agree here

my guess is **** all ... according to fox sports he has only made 5 offloads all year ... Isaako has made more
He actually made a couple really important offloads in the 2nd half

To be fair, @I bleed Maroon can only gauge a performance on what he / she see’s.

Every time there was a Broncos huddle while Isaako was kicking goals, Milford was the only one I saw doing the talking.

I’m not looking to argue, but I’m very confident you’ll notice the same thing if you watch a replay.

That said, if there’s footage of Boyd doing the talking, I’m happy to be proven wrong.
I was at the game. This wasn't the case. Boyd was doing a lot of talking in the huddle and from the back. Milford kept yelling at his team mates for not passing him the ball when he was running unrealistic lines, throwing his arms in the air constantly and rolling his eyes into the sky when he would do something stupid. He also yelled at his own team when he would make errors.

I was at the game. This wasn't the case. Boyd was doing a lot of talking in the huddle and from the back. Milford kept yelling at his team mates for not passing him the ball when he was running unrealistic lines, throwing his arms in the air constantly and rolling his eyes into the sky when he would do something stupid. He also yelled at his own team when he would make errors.
Boyd is fullback, it’s his job to organise the defence from out the back... it’s not a case of he should be vocal, he MUST.

But talk in general play is not what I am talking about nor what I assume IBM was talking about. I’m talking about behind the try line after conceding points or after scoring points. I’m not doubting you, but it must be a massive coincidence that every time they showed footage in the huddles, the only bloke making any solid attempt to rally the troops was Milford.

:emoji_thinking:

Last edited:
Boyd is fullback, it’s his job to organise the defence from out the back... it’s not a case of he should be vocal, he MUST.

But talk in general play is not what I am talking about nor what I assume IBM was talking about. I’m talking about behind the try line after conceding points or after scoring points. I’m not doubting you, but it must be a massive coincidence that every time they showed footage in the huddles, the only bloke making any solid attempt to rally the troops was Milford.

maybe you should read the post you quoted, in case you missed it, i'll quote it again for you and highlight it for you

This wasn't the case. Boyd was doing a lot of talking in the huddle and from the back.
you may not see it on TV (especially since they are focusing on the kick) ... but you do clear as day at the ground ...

On top of that, the Fox Sports half time show showed Boyd laying down the law as well. I think he deserves plenty of credit for our 2nd half.

How good was it seeing Jimmy show up on every side of the field looking for the ball. He was getting into dummy half and was at first receiver a lot as well. I think he was the main catalyst for the comeback.

What do you reckon the huddle is champ?

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.