Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Am drunk as fook. Havent read the replies of the thread yet. Just watched a replay of the game.

There is somthing going on here. Bennett knows what he is doing. It's a funny ol season. We are THE cluth team. We'll win the Granny by 4 points against anyone. Wow, just wow. I'm never saticfied with these wins but ****..... we just keep winning in a very consistantly horrible way. So be it.... Just fucken win for **** sake! Just win... I'm your fan no matter. Good game. Good game..

I feel confused. What the hell is going on with these guys.

Anybody else of the opinion that Bennett let them off the leash at halftime ?
I mean, we looked to have such a defensive/conservative gameplan in that first half... only to see the complete opposite after halftime [emoji848]

Yeah but we should still sack the coach right .....
Taking to the wrong guy. I’m a massive Benno supporter and always been vocal about that. He’s the master at bringing the team into form at the pointy end of the season. If it were up to me we’d already be trying to clone him to cover his retirement.

Taking to the wrong guy. I’m a massive Benno supporter and always been vocal about that. He’s the master at bringing the team into form at the pointy end of the season. If it were up to me we’d already be trying to clone him to cover his retirement.
We tried that and he knocked us back and stayed in Melbourne

I was so pissed off with our 1st half (like all of us here) but, kept backing the boys for 2nd half to somehow turn the clock back and produce some brilliance. I am glad I had that hope. I thoroughly enjoyed rest of the game (even when Raiders led by 10 points again). But in all honesty, they cannot in true mind turn up like they did in 1st half. Performance & intensity shown in 2nd half is needed from now on.

Other point that made this win sweet is, we don't have Gillet, TPJ, Joffa, Bird (still not sure where would he fit in the team though) in the team that played and we only played with 16 players. No game time for Opacic (how lucky were we?).

I reckon we will have Jimmy, McGuire, Macca, Joffa(?), Oates (?), Sua(?) & Milf (?) gone for SOO-3 and we again might be light on full strength team next week & wonder how many of these guys would back up for all crucial game against the Warriors in couple of weeks time? But, I suppose we'll pass that bridge when we get there. For now, I'll soak up the win over Raiders.

I am sure games like this will instill the confidence in the group and we need this kind of win than a 2 - 4 point win. It still is a 4 point win but how they won it will make lot of difference in the group. Let's go guys, begin our march to Premiership. WE WANT IT!!!
:emoji_man_dancing::emoji_man_dancing::emoji_man_dancing:

Last edited:
Thrilled for the 2 points given the ladder and injuries.

But another half and half game played by premiership pretenders. Saved by individual brilliance and gutsy forwards. Huge credit goes to faders as well who couldn’t close a checking account. One half firing for half a game, one half of forward pack on song, half the time Macca (had some good touches but then rubbish) one half of Boyd watching tries go by then chiming in with a bit of promise.

Milf needs to watch that second half on loop for next week with eye clamps and no doze pills on tap.

Glenn was very very good but don’t let Milf watch that all week long cause against better teams his lack of impact will be pulled up.

Lodge looks like he needs another week or two off. Not a criticism but hard ask to be primary prop in first season especially with all crap thrown his way and whether still a little injured. Once cavalry returns be nice to ease him back to be fresh for finals.

Love the Roberts hunger for the ball. Oates solid if a little starved for opportunities.

Overall great second half effort but 2 glaring examples of where we are at leadership wise. First was with clock ticking down 10 to go and down on scoreboard instead of a senior player or captain telling them to pack the f*** in wasted 45 seconds chatting to get clock stopped.

Second was 2 minutes to go. Almost looked like masterclass stalling but think truth was no one knew wtf to do. Madness to take the goal (and not deliberately miss) and potentially expose our paper thin goal line defence when could close the game with holding the ball and grubbering for a repeat set - the one thing we sort of know how to organise.

Mind you for cringe factor want to throw something at TV every time see Boyd’s entitles and smart a** grin every time ref goes against him rather than engaging like an adult. It’s a disgrace for the club to have a petulant child as captain. His coach needs to pull his f***ing head in like he does for every other player that acts like a pork chop.
Yes the coach needs to read the riot act to a few of these blokes I think. A game of 2 halves , perhaps sports bet gave them worse odds on 2nd half? When I watch them underperform I wonder if its a confidence thing esp with the milf. I think they miss a Matt Gillet going forward or an Adam Blair type of robust forward ,the centres pairing could work off. They seem to win ugly all the time unless they all come out and suddenly show us the absolute talent they DO have. They must be a terrible team to punt on !. Consistency seems to be beyond them at the moment

That second half reminded me of the 2015 Broncos. They had that killer instinct and didn't let up. Even Milford turning back the clock in that second half with his try assists and that try. Boyd was exceptional, as well.

They absorbed early pressure and lifted to regain the momentum. Even when they lost the momentum after Hodgson scored, they just did the same again and it didn't take long for them to end back on top of them.

If they can do that for the whole 80 from now on, they will do very well.

The problem is, it's very unlikely they will.

I also have to say, I didn't agree with the penalty goal. The better option would have been to hold the ball and wind down the clock even more.

What was with the carry on from the commentators when Kahu scored?
They kept going on about whether Oates touched the ball, not one if them realised he was facing backwards so even if he touched it it could only be knock back.
I just wonder what the **** they are watching sometimes.
I was yelling at the tv when this happened. It was plain as fucking day and not one of those highly paid Muppets got it right.

Had to laugh at Ricky in his press conference basically giving us no credit for coming back and putting it all on his team losing it. That is why he'll always be second rate coach. Can't even identify that, maybe, the opposition pulls their finger out.

There is a hell of a upside/downside to wins like this. First and foremost is that you get the two points and move on. The other upside to it is it gives a side (despite playing a not so good opponent on the night) confidence to come back when needed. A bit like St. George coming back the other night. Was it there best performance? No, but it instils confidence.

The down side is the habit of starting poorly thinking you can dig your way out. Against any of the say top 6 sides, the Broncos don't dig themselves out of last night.

What was promising was a good debut by Faffita, a sensational game by both our wingers and some spark by Milford in the second half. We still have nothing and I mean NOTHING coming from Nikorima and a very lacking captain and fullback. Till those entities are fixed or at least highly improved it will mean little with even the additions of firepower guys like Gillette, TPJ, Big Joe, etc.

Watched the replay today. Good second half recovery. Time will tell if we will ever find the attitude this year to focus for 80mins.

Main takeaway is that Knic is a complete passenger out there. I’m not certain any upside to his performances out way the downside of his defence and lack of kicking game. With our depth in the forwards at the moment and injured players coming back. You could put TPJ at 7 and would likely have more impact. Run straight. Attract defenders and slip a pass every now and then. Kind of not even joking.

Ch 9 really show their contempt for theBroncs on the footy show this morning. Showed the table saying there was now a six point gap between the top eight and Canberra but then managed to show us on 18 points and Canberra on 14. Not even schoolboy stupidity there.

Last edited:
Ch 9 really show their contempt for theBroncs on the footy show this morning. Showed the table saying there was now a six point gap between the top eight and Canberra but then managed to show us on 18 points nod Canberra on 14. Not even schoolboy stupidity there.
I'm amazed they even show our highlights.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrRobot
  • Jazza
  • Browny
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • upthehorse
  • Adammacca
  • Galah
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.