Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

20 minus 6 = 14

And factor in the swing factor of how many points the Broncos managed to score in the second half, a fair bit more dramatic.

Anyway pointless discussion, its still bitter isnt it lol

The bottom line is, the refs sucked (surprise), we sucked and the result sucked.

End of.

I agree with you he's probably been better without the captaincy. But McGuire made more tackles and how many runs? Heck even Granville ran for more. My main point, and I've made it before, is Thaiday used to be Parker-like. What happened?

I'm not excusing Thaiday tonight it was poor for him considering his having a far better season then he had under the captaincy and from that perspective I'm disappointed he put in a effort like this tonight, doesn't mean I think his been like this all season because I would be lying if I said that, fair enough?

Well that was a bitter pill indeed.

First half was sterling, we didn't get ahead of ourselves, and what little latitude we allowed them they either spoiled themselves or we snuffed out. Perfect start to the second half with Hala bagging a second. Looked like we were set for a great night.....And then it all fell apart.

Trying to see this objectively, we were unlucky to cop a couple of dud calls to gift them repeated possession, and we conceded points after repeated defence on the line. We still had the opportunity to get back into the game though, and failed to do so. At 22-6, the game was still ours for the taking - bad reads and sloppy handling contributed just as much as contentious refereeing.

Pros:
- Hunt, despite some patchy kicking at times was in everything, and continue to steer the ship with aplomb.
- Hannant and McGuire cranked it up from the get go, and it was great to see.
- Both of Halas' tries were relatively soft, but at least he had an impact on the game.
- Granville really got us moving well in the first half.

Cons:
- Rest of bench lacked impact. Lowrie is alright as a tackle sponge, but Stagg is dead weight.
- Vidot did overrun Hoffman's last pass, but aside from that, Hoffy is just stifling us on the left. Wing or GTFO (unless we move Barba).
- Hodges overplayed his hand. Too many dummy half runs read far too easily.
- Copley's worst game of the season. Hard done by at the end though. Graham was definitely playing at him in the air.
- Poor commitment and spirit to let them take that from us, bad calls or not.

That's about the sum of it. Some good efforts, some shockers. We'll be better with Cozza and Macca back, they're the lynchpin of our defence and central to our attack. Hopefully we keep Jake on the bench, and punt Stagg (leaving Lowrie, Oates and Hala). We'll make the finals yet, but won't challenge the quality sides (watching Scum vs Rorters, and it's night and day compered to us).

Was deadset fuming and wanted to throw my glass through the telly, but I can let it go. Not going to let it spoil my weekend.

Not going to bother watching it tbh but it sounds like the kind of game I'd rather forget. The presser will go along the lines of "...we were missing some of our best players tonight...."

Which is true, but those replacement players got the team to 22-0. As I said, I haven't seen the game but to hold a team scoreless for a half and then let in 24 unanswered points....complacency and/or poor selections? In hindsight, Ari's(?) suggestion of blooding a half from the bench would surely have been a better option than Stagg at Hooker...

Last edited:
The majority of his games this season have been great, one poor game doesn't change that.

Sammy has a GF ring that says otherwise. :whoo:

Considering we had bugger all ball, and the pass was the better option I believe that tells you all you need to know about the running stats.

It's scapegoating and I wouldn't have an issue with it given the nature of the past two weeks if you weren't having a go at good posters like my mate GC.

Lol, I haven't been on in a few months, so no idea what you're talking about.

Not having a go at anyone.... Just want to see if you have anything other than excuses for your protected species Sam..

Just read the Fox Sports stats and according to them Cronulla made 21 offloads and we made just one.

Thaiday protected species? His had more then his far share of criticism on the forum too, especially last season, to claim his protected species is a tad rich.

moving forward from this shocking loss we need to re-sign hunt this week if possible. if the broncos botch the retaining of hunt and McGuire then the club needs to fold.

where do i go to see the post match interviews? wouldnt mind seeing what was said

The majority of his games this season have been great, one poor game doesn't change that.

Thaiday protected species? His had more then his far share of criticism on the forum too, especially last season, to claim his protected species is a tad rich.

Last season, yes. This season I haven't seen much. It seems like you and BP are pulling me up on it when I bring it up and getting defensive. Surely you can't defend him all season if he keeps this up...

Protected species? Sam cops it on here more than anyone. All fine and dandy but if you're going to pull one of these...

Syklone said:
Lol at all the people saying thaiday is in career best form.

Expect to be called on it, especially if you go on with it like you did.

Really, just a prime example of members on here making a scapegoat of players when it wasn't an issue.

If you lot want to scapegoat anyone, make it Hoffman and Stagg. No other players are more toxic to our sides ability at the moment than those two.

I'm not excusing Thaiday tonight it was poor for him considering his having a far better season then he had under the captaincy and from that perspective I'm disappointed he put in a effort like this tonight, doesn't mean I think his been like this all season because I would be lying if I said that, fair enough?

Just saw this, and fair enough. I'm finished anyway. Thanks mate.

stagg is nrls greatest accidental hero. how does someone so slow and weak make it to first grade, win a premiership and still be playing 10 years later? amazing

Active Now

• Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.