Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Pre-Game Discussion

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Hodges vs Ayshford = LOL.

Bugger. Ayshford defends on the right, so he'll have Reed and Glenn running at him. That's the Sharks weakest side and our worst side too. Hopefully Hoffman can get the ball out to Barba and Reed.

Last edited:
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I would have lowrie starting off at lock. His defence is solid and we will need his experience on the weekend. Gonna need a decent game from our backline to make up for some pretty key losses in the forward pack.

I actually agree with the statement Lowrie has great defense. He is a good understudy for Parker being a work horse. I think he is also a better pick for during the game swap to hooker. Tackling wise. Let Glenn play lock I say. He is wasted out near hoffman. Let him run holes in the middle the halves create. Then, if they put Thaiday out near hoffman, at least when sammy calls for it, you give it!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully Hoffman can get the ball out to Barba and Reed.

05b.gif

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Not sure what you're on about Beads but they would have to be two of the weirdest responses I've ever had on this forum,neither making much sense.

I think they were going to mention something about Oates being unlikely to have the same strike rate unless he plays on the wing. And that now he has developed past that and will only be used in the forwards from now on. But, like the "he scored those tries on the wing", I'm sure you already know all of this too, so it would have been useless posting it.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Honestly guys, I kinda understand when you write us off against teams like Manly (You guys were wrong by the way!), but you're seriously writing us off against the Sharks? Ridiculous.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Honestly guys, I kinda understand when you write us off against teams like Manly (You guys were wrong by the way!), but you're seriously writing us off against the Sharks? Ridiculous.

Who is writing off anyone?

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014

I don't know if anyone is writing us off, but I agree that maybe some folks are underrating us in this match up.

It's never wise for players to think a game is won before kick off, but as fans, I think we can objectively see this should be a win for us. Just don't play their game and be drawn into a slog in the middle. Exploit their deficiencies out wide and watch the points flow.

That said, I don't want the boys taking that attitude into the game. Hope they remember being showed up last time and are out for payback. If we can deliver a whipping like we did against Manly, that would make me incredibly happy.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Brisbane's Matt Gillett (shoulder), Andrew McCullogh (knee) and Dale Copley (concussion) will all miss the Broncos' clash with the Cronulla Sharks this Friday night. But they are expected to be right for Origin Game III at Suncorp Stadium.

That is from Triple M's NRL injury list.

Apparently Copley and Macca are in contention for Origin 3 :laugh: Nice scoop, Triple M.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That is from Triple M's NRL injury list.

Apparently Copley and Macca are in contention for Origin 3 :laugh: Nice scoop, Triple M.

Copley bloody well should be in contention for origin 3. Bloody Macca off the bench wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Copley bloody well should be in contention for origin 3. Bloody Macca off the bench wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

I agree, I've been bleating on about Copley to Origin over at LU since before Game 2, but I'm sure they won't be for game 3 and Triple M are just idiots.

I think they're wrong about Copley missing the Sharks game too.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Team List:

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Jake Granville
10 Ben Hannant
11 Alex Glenn
12 Corey Oates
13 Sam Thaiday

14 Todd Lowrie
15 David Stagg
16 Dave Hala
17 Jarrod Wallace

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Team List:

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges (c)
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Jake Granville
10 Ben Hannant
11 Alex Glenn
12 Corey Oates
13 Sam Thaiday

14 Todd Lowrie
15 David Stagg
16 Dave Hala
17 Jarrod Wallace

Us by 32.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Conservative Hook at it again. Any mug on the street could see Stagg halted all momentum Granville created out of dummy half. Could have found a better hooker option off the bench surely.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Oates is the right call. McGuire, Hannant, & Thaiday are the big bodies that we'll need to stop the Sharks through the middle, leaving Oates to do his thing on the edges.

But Hala & Wallace as bench props? That means the starting props will have to play massive minutes, or bloody Sam has to move up front again.

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Behold
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Maroon4life
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncoFan94
  • Manlyman
  • Griffo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.