LIVE Round 16 Discussion

Discussion in 'NRL Live Game Chat' started by Super Freak, Jun 26, 2018.

Nah Granville didn’t go looking for burgess, sure he wrapped his arms, but what was he supposed to do step aside? The onus is on burgess to run a clean decoy line, not on the defender to avoid contact. Reynolds took the ball directly behind burgess who effectively ran as a lead blocker. Bad call for mine.

2ndPhase likes this.
  1. Sproj

Sproj

Yep it was the wrong call simply because it has been a no try for the last couple of seasons. Granville clearly gave up thinking he'd get the penalty but that isn't the point.

2. Smartseal

Smartseal QCup Player

It's my opinion that the so called early year blitz by referees has affected their judgement and decision making, & the flunker doesn't help

Sproj likes this.
  3. Sproj

Sproj

Man, JT really has gone too long. Still has some magic clearly but so few and far between now.

4. Sproj

Sproj

The Cows just look so old and slow.

5. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

That moment when Sam Burgess puts in a better kick than Nikorima ever has

6. Sproj

Sproj

Goodness me, Cows pull another flukey try.

7. Sproj

Sproj

Turn it up. KNik almost got Roberts a try this very week with a kick. He isn't going great a halfback sure, but he isn't as completely bad as a lot of people make out and the Broncs are still winning.

8. Sproj

Sproj

Feldt has had a shocker.

9. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

He is better than Oates apparently.

10. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Reynolds lands it.

11. Onya Reynolds.

12. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

Cows get chance

13. Sproj

Sproj

Inglis looks like he has broken a thumb.

14. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Nik isn't going to take us to a Premiership at halfback though. Shane Perry had Lockyer and Milford is not Lockyer.

15. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

It wasn't a defensive decision though. Granville put his arms up to brace from being obliterated by a massive man. It was a clear obstruction.

16. Granville doesn't complain, at least not that I saw. That's an important factor, as players that are obstructed complain.

He looks at Cook, and then he sees Burgess. He plants his feet, he leans forward to get the shoulder into the tackle which is what you do when making a tackle and he wraps the arms around. He wasn't putting the arms up to brace for the contact, he wraps them around the player. That's making a defensive decision. Mal said it best, he committed to the tackle. He made no attempt to follow the ball despite having the opportunity to do so. And the ball was received well on the outside shoulder.

It was an excellent piece of work from Cook to hold the pass and fake to go short to Burgess. That attracted Granville's attention.

It's a try. What Granville did is initiating contact.

17. Sproj

Sproj

All of this is true...except that has been an obstruction for probably the last 18 months or more. It was well worked but regardless, Burgess got in the way and Reynolds took advantage of the hole formed, as mentioned by another poster, Burgess is the definition of a lead runner or blocker or shepherd, whatever you prefer, in that instance.

That sort of situation has been called back multiple times in the last season or so.

18. Morkel

Morkel

If Granville does nothing and just gets bowled over, it'd be a penalty for sure. It's sad that you have to milk it just to get the right decision.

But the Rabbitohs were dudded anyway. Two really bad knock-on calls that never were, and that disallowed try. The replay clearly showed that the ball went backwards off the hand, before hitting his head, and then the bunker say "the ball goes forward off his hand". Absolute **** joke.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Sproj likes this.