Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Milf out, Hunt or Benji in?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Good time to get a week off.. Pretty sure we'll still be missing Milford for 2-3 games, depending on how bad the structural damage is. Should probably just play it safe and go with Nikorima & Hunt in the halves, but I liked what I saw again from Benji tonight, good spark, good kicking game. Would probably prefer a Nikorima & Marshall halves pairing to be honest, at least we'll be playing attacking footy.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
That sort of shit game makes me nervous coming up against the Raiders. Normally when we come up against them we've been more composed in preceding games. The bye might actually be bad for us unless Bennett makes the call early and gives the 6 and 7 the full two weeks to get comfortable at training.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Down in Canberra, possibly without Milford.

It's going to be tough. But this is why we bought Benji. I would put him in there, he has looked like he is getting his mojo back the past few weeks.

cakeGG

cakeGG

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2016
Reminder that this stupid match is 2 days after Origin II.

Faiders easy draw continues.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Shut down Rapana and BJ. That's it

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Shut down Rapana and BJ. That's it

In broken play, absolutely. Otherwise, the Faders are built completely around Hodgson and then Austin. Those 2 are the ones to target and shut down, especially Hodgson.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Teams have figured Hodgson out a fair bit this season, and all of a sudden we realise that it's hard for a team to win with just a forward pack, a hooker, and a winger.

If this weren't right after origin I would be quite confident.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It'll be Hunt in ISC still. I'd think it will be Knik and Bunji but the SOO players will all be rested I'd say. WB won't listen even if they want to play. Canberra should be a certainty. Hate the Origin period, like a few others I'm very over the effect it has on my team in particular and the leg up it gives other busted arse teams

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think Gillett and Oates are due for a break. Thaiday can suck it up, it's not like he does much anyway. McGuire seems to have an unlimited motor. Boyd might get a break too.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Last year the Broncos tried to get their Origin players to back up against Canterbury and played like busteds. The performance was so bad that it carried over and the Broncos got absolutely annihilated by Melbourne at home. I said it at the time and I believe whole heartidly that we should just give our key blokes a break and give the young guys an opportunity against the Raiders.

Bring in Mead, Arrow, Su'A, Ese'ese & Hunt give the Origin players a breather and have their minds set on taking Melbourne at Suncorp.

If there's one benefit to the Billy Slater comeback story, it should mean that Corey Oates will be 100% for this clash.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I daresay Oates will still be in the qld team surely O'Neill gone Boyd wing gagai center... can't see them dropping Oates for val as well

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You're talking to the third biggest Valentine Holmes fan here so I thought his position was assured. You're probably right though B_Fan and even if you weren't, I'd much rather Oates for Queensland than Darius.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Yep have to agree... I think the reasoning for not having Slater in game 1 was essentially that Boyd is not as good a winger/center as any of gagai, chambers, val or Oates

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would hate to play the Raiders after their embarrassing loss tonight.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I would hate to play the Raiders after their embarrassing loss tonight.
The Raiders don't strike me as the kind of team to be spurred on by an embarrassing loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.