vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this morning when his last standout game was and you nailed it. That's a real shame, knowing what he's capable of. He's had good games since, sure, but he has the potential to be elite. He was in 2011. Even if his Origin axing fires him up, and he has one or two decent games, I can see him coasting on that for the rest of his career.

To me, his last good game was earlier this year, Australia vs NZ. Does that count?

The problem with Broncos backrows are no one run the perfect line.
They run perfect lines, it's just that Hunt and Milford don't use them. That's why everyone rates Nikorima on here, because it's no coincidence how good he's making Gillett look.

Glenn worked his arse off for 80 minutes on that left edge against the rabbits on Friday. An overweight plodder ? I think not. A bloody solid player IMO

Yeah when was the last time he made a big line break or a put on an offload to set up a try? And compared to his physique and speed a few years ago he does look like Milfs been taking him past KFC a few times. Like him as a honest player. A few years ago thought might even be captain material but he got Griffinised and never shed the need to big bigger, slower and less dynamic.

They run perfect lines, it's just that Hunt and Milford don't use them. That's why everyone rates Nikorima on here, because it's no coincidence how good he's making Gillett look.

And yet he still hasn't been able to use Gillett the way he uses Korbin..

You would think if he was so good at using Gillett that we would be seeing that..

Or is it perhaps people are overrating him in that department?

Korbin is underrated in that part of his game

seems to run a great line

Glenn as the new scapegoat:confusing:

Yeah it could work.

Well some have been trying to sell him for ages to get other players into the team so I guess it fits. He was the scapegoat before Hunt became enemy no 1 for signing with the Dragons

And yet he still hasn't been able to use Gillett the way he uses Korbin..

You would think if he was so good at using Gillett that we would be seeing that..

Or is it perhaps people are overrating him in that department?
What are you talking about, Gillett has come alive with nikorima on that side, I can't remember last time Hunt put Gillett in a hole. But Nikorima but him throwing the 2 holes last game. So I can't understand what you are talking about

That's because Gillett has been crap in attack lately, wasn't catching shit for a few weeks.

Well some have been trying to sell him for ages to get other players into the team so I guess it fits. He was the scapegoat before Hunt became enemy no 1 for signing with the Dragons
Macca is and forever will be the number one scapegoat

That's because Gillett has been crap in attack lately, wasn't catching shit for a few weeks.
You must not watch broncos games, please be quiet. It's evident that Gillett does not get used when playing with Hunt. Did you watch the Australian game, he was man of the match. Did you watch last broncos game, he was man of the match also.

Also for anything Gillett has lacked in attack he has made up for by being possibly the best defender in the game. he misses a lot of tackles but he has been absolutely monstering guys when he sticks it. He's also single handedly saved about 20 tries against us.

Many of our close wins only happened thanks to gillo having an eneromous heart. Hopefully we get a half than can bring out more of his attacking ability. The guy is one of the best backrowes going around.

Whats with all the hate on Thaiday, ran for 100 metres and scored a try last game

May not always look to be doing much but he runs one of the best decoys in the game, always aims up in defence and you can always count on him too get us a quick play the ball, Sam Thaiday is a key asset to the broncos going forward and Wayne knows that
Yes, I just watched the Souths game for the first time and while Thaiday wasn't on fire he certainly wasn't terrible or ineffective. I couldn't see much wrong. Also Moga was pretty handy and working with Oates just wasn't on or possible. I may have to watch again as I'm still shattered after a week of 12 hour night shifts.

What were Thaidays stats like in the Storm game last year? It wasn't as memorable as the Roosters game in 2015 but I don't think many forwards can claim to have a game as good as that one.

Gillett also likes a dropped ball with an open try line. One of my favourite players but some of the blame is on him for not utilizing the holes he gets put through.

Perhaps my first comment was a little loaded but big difference between saying someone is underperforming esp relative to potential and being scapegoat. Wasn't someone talking about too much all or nothing thinking on the forum in the last few weeks.

And Macca is a machine in defence and really picked up his offence but is still slow to pass and still want more from him.

I know I'm a harsh critic but to win the premiership we need all cylinders firing average won't cut it. Players need to play to their potential there seems to be a habit in Broncs of last 5-10 years of mediocrity and accepting less.

I still think that Glenn is a waste of space in the team. He has the Heart of a lion but, he doesn't add much in attack and is only a decent defender.

I've put forward what I think the reason for Gillett's 'bad attack' is so many times so I won't again. He's murdering people in defence and has started hitting the ball up out of our end recently (which I won't deny was an issue). He's in our top 5 so people need to stop. If he's playing like shit then sure it's deserved but he's been anything but. Glenn has been better the last few weeks, but I agree in that he's probably our least important player. Thaiday's declining abilities are putting him close but he still has that ability to lift the team with a try or big hits.

I know I'm a harsh critic but to win the premiership we need all cylinders firing average won't cut it. Players need to play to their potential there seems to be a habit in Broncs of last 5-10 years of mediocrity and accepting less.

We fire out of time, both individually and the team, even to the point of in-and-out during games. And the problem with that is that our floor is downright average. A team needs to be able to play like shit and win, but also not let that become their MO. The best cases of both is the Storm and Penrith. The Storm just keep on keeping on and that's why they reach week 2 of the finals every season. Arguably should've converted more but so should we with some teams we've had. And then there's Penrith, who can put 30 points on in 20mins but don't know how to play the other 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Nerd
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • mrslong
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.