Round 16 - Warriors vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the way the boys supported one another last week was signs that they're coming together as a team.

The scene they created when Reed & Hoffman tackled the Wests winger into the in-goal following a beautiful clearing kick from Wallace was truly promising. I just hope that's the type of attitude the boys show up with.

You're going to know if we're going to bother to play by our opening 10 minutes again. If we don't take the game to the Warriors and allow them to mow us down, it's going to be another cranky Sunday afternoon and could lead to a rebellion at Red Hill.

I will go one better. A couple of times recently I have been able to pick as they run out whether they are on or not. There were actual signs of life against the Tigers. I don't want to be tarred with the FIH brush of seemingly baseless optimism, but the results on the weekend were kind to us. If we can build on the effort of the tigers and jag a win here, and then back that up with further improvement against Melbourne and a competitive effort there, we might start to build some momentum. But a win this weekend is important. Our run home is not that bad if we can just start improving our effort and consistency.

Whitchurch was pretty crap from what I saw on Sundays game. He has hands for flippers.

He was ordinary but what's more ordinary is the coach playing him in the front row.

Yep he got belted with a big tackle and went into his shell. Odd him being in the pack when he played on the wing for us.

Yep he got belted with a big tackle and went into his shell. Odd him being in the pack when he played on the wing for us.

Back row is his best spot IMO. Runs hard and tackles even harder, can be very handy on the edges. That shocker in the GF last year seems to have rocked him though.

Whitchurch has always had shocking hands and i do not expect it to change.

Saw a bit of him last year. What impressed me was that he seemed to have a bit of speed. Heck, he looks faster than most of our current backline.

This is a fucked fixture.

The Origin boys will have recovery Thursday, travel all day Friday, ballwork session Saturday and backup on Sunday.

We need massive games from Hannant and McGuire to give us go forward otherwise we're fucked.

Oh and defensive wise, we need to tighten up a lot.

I think we will be competitive (unlike two weeks ago) but the travel and Origin hangover will do us over by about 12 to 16 points

we namin' a team today or did griffo fall asleep at his desk

Side named: same 17 as against Tigers with Hodges + other origin players named to play. Maranta also on wing as kahu still injured. wallace and lui on extended bench.

Fingers crossed that line up is able to play on Sunday.

Completely forgot this was the delayed Sunday game.

Rep players all named. Same team as last week. Kahu still not back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • teampjta
  • Broncorob
  • Swordfish
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.