Round 16 - Warriors vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be surprised if Hodgo backs up

If he does he will be tired and slow, just what we need.

1. Corey Norman 2. Josh Hoffman 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Scott Prince 7. Peter Wallace 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday (c) 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. David Hala 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Jarrod Wallace
Reserve: 18. Dunamis Lui

EDIT: Leagueunlimited, you are on crack.

www.nrl.com:
[h=4]Broncos[/h]1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday ©
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Josh McGuire
16 David Hala
17 Mitchell Dodds
18 Jarrod Wallace
19 Dunamis Lui

Last edited:
This might be my fifth Jarrod Wallace post but good onya son. Keep on keepin on.

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 GLEN FISIIAHI
2 NGANI LAUMAPE
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 ELIJAH TAYLOR

Interchange:

14 RUSSELL PACKER
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 TODD LOWRIE
17 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX

18 KEVIN LOCKE
20 SUAIA MATAGI

HEAD COACH: MATTHEW ELLIOTT

1. Corey Norman 2. Josh Hoffman 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Scott Prince 7. Peter Wallace 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday (c) 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. David Hala 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Jarrod Wallace
Reserve: 18. Dunamis Lui

EDIT: Leagueunlimited, you are on crack.

www.nrl.com:
Broncos

1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday ©
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Josh McGuire
16 David Hala
17 Mitchell Dodds
18 Jarrod Wallace
19 Dunamis Lui

Strong side on paper.

Could be the clash of the round / a real special if they go for the vengeance they are due.

I didn't mean to sound overly cocky ( because I'm not ) the facts are the Warriors are the team feeling super confident right now and if Brisbane take them down a peg I wouldn't underrate that as an achievement from an opposition fan point of view.

Bill Tupou got released today to the Raiders , surplus to requirements

Will be a very hard game this one Travelling to New Zealand, Origin players backing up, Warriors in form and are confident.

[MENTION=7748]Mt Smart[/MENTION] Why is Locke at 18th man, is he injured with a slight chance to play?

Time for some payback. I just want my kids back.

I just watched that vid on NRL.com about Slater's 2004 super try.

What stood out was Lockyer looking around to see if he had support, Slater looking at Lockyer, running in support and then Lockyer's kick behind the line while Slater ran for it.

Ah, the beauty of vision, instinct and support play .... and play makers looking at what and who is there and deciding the options.

And as I posted in the wrong thread, now, after tonight, Hook has to be clear about Thaiday's ONLY position. If he plays him at prop again he should have his contract torn up

I don't think he was that impressive. OK, he played well for the first 15 minutes but then he just burned himself out. Running at the backs is definitely easier than running at the forwards, but I'm just worried about his defence there, he's just way too lazy to cover the extra ground.

And as I posted in the wrong thread, now, after tonight, Hook has to be clear about Thaiday's ONLY position. If he plays him at prop again he should have his contract torn up

Absolutely.

I'm kinda glad Hodges was binned. Means he's 10 minutes fresher for the game. Wouldn't mind seeing Thaiday at second row again either, but honestly, at club level Gillett has just been so much more dynamic than Thaiday, so I'd be very loathed to move him. Frankly I'd drop Glenn before Gillett, but I am a tad biased.

Speaking of which, I still think we'll lose on the grounds that we have less Shaun Johnsons.

I don't think he was that impressive. OK, he played well for the first 15 minutes but then he just burned himself out. Running at the backs is definitely easier than running at the forwards, but I'm just worried about his defence there, he's just way too lazy to cover the extra ground.

The reason he stopped being impressive after 15 was cos he was moved to prop. He won two consequtive second row Daley m's FFS

Yeah it must be nearly time to move Sammy back to backrow. I understood that injuries to McGuire and Hannant prevented us from making the move but once we get through the Origin period either Glenn or Gillett have to drop off.

TBH, I'm in favour of Gillett over Glenn at this stage. Matty just seems more enthusiastic and I've liked his cameos down that left hand fringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Skyblues87
  • Redfern_1980
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.