PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Panthers

What a fantastic idea by Melbourne... earmarking the important players coming off contract who they don't want to lose and locking them up BEFORE other clubs can come throwing cash and tempting and opening the door even slightly! Who would have ever thought of such an innovative and groundbreaking approach! Certainly not us....

Last edited:
What a fantastic idea by Melbourne... earmarking the important players coming off contract who they don't want to lose and locking them up BEFORE other clubs can come throwing cash and tempting and opening the door even slightly! Who would have ever thought of such an innovative and groundbreaking approach! Certainly not us....
Like how we should’ve locked up Dearden already...

Nicho Hynes has just re-signed as well with Storm. That's another we can unfortunately cross off our list of potential recruits. They certainly don't lose anyone they really wanna keep do they. Just like us back in the ol' days.

It seems a strange one though really. With Paps there, where does Hynes fit in unless he is happy to be a back up his whole career?

I'm not saying I want him but just trying to see where the benefit is for him?

It seems a strange one though really. With Paps there, where does Hynes fit in unless he is happy to be a back up his whole career?

I'm not saying I want him but just trying to see where the benefit is for him?
Might be a decent power boat club in Melbourne
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

They were all off contract at the end of the year, they just signed a one year extension.

So all of them were already able to talk to / sign with other clubs?

That's right.

Mind you, clubs can talk to players whenever they want to, what they can't do is offer them a contract and get it registered by the NRL until the final year of their contract (which is November 1st).

The big news is they signed one of the best halves prospect in the game in Jonah Pezet from Newcastle and prop Tagiolupe Tivalu from Sydney. He's a raw player but he'll help bolster their rotation which is still looking very strong.

Last edited:
Round17TeamList

Kahu injured or flat out dropped?

Hey guys, anyone know of or have any info on Petterson - Robati the 19th man this week? Given our training injuries, we might need him so thought I'd ask.

Hey guys, anyone know of or have any info on Petterson - Robati the 19th man this week? Given our training injuries, we might need him so thought I'd ask.
Can confirm there is no way possible he could be any worse than half the nongs running around for us at present - give him a run!

It seems odd that Arthars can't get a game at left centre. I know he played on the right in the Queensland Cup, but he was one of the Broncos best in that trial against the Cowboys and it appeared that was an option for the club if the Boyd experiment didn't work.

I'm curious to see how Corey Oates performs on return. Oates was one of Seibold's most outspoken critics and he really struggled to play under him for whatever reason. Oates is one of the most talented players on the Broncos roster and they need him to step up to help dig themselves out of this mess. His carries and ability to finish tries is such a crucial part of their play and it's been sorely missed these past 18 months. Anything less than 15 runs from Oates is a failure in my eyes.

I'm hoping for an improved performance from O'Sullivan. He looked willing but it was a huge ask last week and the Roosters just targetted him and Croft mercillesly. I'd actually like to see him and Dearden swap roles, let SOS be the 7 and try to get Dearden running off of him at Luai, I think that could be an option. Otherwise, just work with Boyd and have Darius really go after those edges where I think Penrith can be caught out.

Does anyone know....

Does anyone know...

Does anyone know...

tenor.gif

Melbourne Storm junior who was rated as a future NRL player. Bennett signed him to Newcastle, he helped the Knights win the NYC Minor Premiership before life got in the way and he gave the game up. Made a comeback in recent years through club footy, got an opportunity with Norths mid-season and secured a spot as the starting lock forward. He was solid without being spectacular, just a strong runner of the football who got through his work and did his job for the team.

I'd be lying if I said I don't want to see him get a game. He's been a reserve that many times now and the Broncos are so close to breaking their record for most players used I just want them to break that mark. 33 is the current record from 2002, if they can get Petterson-Robati and Hetherington a game it'll be broken.

I feel for Kobe, he's only signed till the end of the year and even when Brisbane are down to Cory Paix they still go with fullbacks and halves over him. I've watched him play a few junior grand finals and rep games, he couldn't have been any worse than Croft.

Last edited:
It seems odd that Arthars can't get a game at left centre. I know he played on the right in the Queensland Cup, but he was one of the Broncos best in that trial against the Cowboys and it appeared that was an option for the club if the Boyd experiment didn't work.

I'm curious to see how Corey Oates performs on return. Oates was one of Seibold's most outspoken critics and he really struggled to play under him for whatever reason. Oates is one of the most talented players on the Broncos roster and they need him to step up to help dig themselves out of this mess. His carries and ability to finish tries is such a crucial part of their play and it's been sorely missed these past 18 months. Anything less than 15 runs from Oates is a failure in my eyes.

I'm hoping for an improved performance from O'Sullivan. He looked willing but it was a huge ask last week and the Roosters just targetted him and Croft mercillesly. I'd actually like to see him and Dearden swap roles, let SOS be the 7 and try to get Dearden running off of him at Luai, I think that could be an option. Otherwise, just work with Boyd and have Darius really go after those edges where I think Penrith can be caught out.

Does anyone know....

Does anyone know...

Does anyone know...

tenor.gif

Melbourne Storm junior who was rated as a future NRL player. Bennett signed him to Newcastle, he helped the Knights win the NYC Minor Premiership before life got in the way and he gave the game up. Made a comeback in recent years through club footy, got an opportunity with Norths mid-season and secured a spot as the starting lock forward. He was solid without being spectacular, just a strong runner of the football who got through his work and did his job for the team.
If Deardon wears the six against Luai I'd strongly advise him wearing headgear.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • The Strapper
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • ozzball
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.