May 21, 2013
NRL - Round 17
Friday, 1st of July, 2016

Melbourne Storm 48
defeat
Brisbane Broncos 6

1. Boyd - Yeah look he was average but who wasn't. 5
2. Oates - You realize how much you need him when he isn't there. 3
3. KNik - I feel for him, he is in the side to add spark but we just keep getting injured. He needs a break but who doesn't? 4
4. Roberts - A real positive of the night, he tried his butt off. 8
5. Maranta - Never play for this great club again. You have lost your last remaining sympathiser. -1
6. Milford - He tried but his knock on over try line summed it up, needs to snap out of his slump. 3
7. Hunt - We won't win a premiership with him as halfback, I never thought I'd say that and really hope he proves me wrong. 3
8. McGuire - The other mature forwards should not be able to look him in the eye, however he is out for a few weeks with a stupid tackle. 9
9. Macca - The savior was back...and we got smashed horribly. Bring back Waddell? 4
10. Blair - I'm beginning to think he needs to be sent to reserve grade. Offering absolutely nothing. 1
11. Glenn - Just back from injury and looked like it. 4
12. Gillett - Typical Gillett really, start the season on fire and progressively get worse throughout the season. He's better than that. 2
13. Parker - Led from the front, he was poor and so was the rest of the team. 3

14. Wallace - He was great and I'd have him starting over Blair. 8
15. Pangai Jr - Was great when he was on but I think it might be time for him to have a break. 3
16. Su'A - A star of the future, not today. Gets found out too often in defense. 3
17. Joffa - I thought he was great, time for him to come back into the side at the expense of maybe Blair, especially with Thaiday to come back in. 8

Just completely embarrassing. Probably the most humiliating Broncos home game ever.

What did McGuire go on report for?

Absolutely pathetic.

This is not the Broncos.

We won't be premiers this year.

That wasn't the loss we deserved but the loss we needed.

It's that embarrassing that Bennett should tell them they aren't playing origin
they can stay and run fucking laps for the bye week

Roberts was great. Can't believe people are calling him the scapegoat when it's clear he tries his guts out for us every time he plays.

I thought it was a shit performance.

We really haven't played well since beating the Cowboys earlier in the season. No interest. No enthusiasm. No intensity. Arm grabbing. Hands on hips. No bodies in motion. Zero support play. Confidence shot to bits.

Lots to work on during the bye week.

First game I've turned off early all year. There's more than a lack of confidence. Those fractures in the playing group, the rats and all that shit? Yeah maybe there was actually something behind it. At this point I don't know but I am pissed. Something needs to change and quick. This isn't even a shadow of last year's team. Giving up. Not putting in for the guy beside you. Injuries haven't helped but the attitude is the problem.

Piss fucking poor. So upset and disappointed. Not even angry it's that depressing. Ugh. Fucking muppets.

That wasn't the loss we deserved but the loss we needed.

I don't think we needed another loss after the last 8 weeks but we certainly deserved it given the way we played.

May not be the last thrashing unless there is a drastic turnaround

This is the 2009-2010 Broncos.

Just completely embarrassing. Probably the most humiliating Broncos home game ever.

What did McGuire go on report for?

Very late, very bad spear tackle. He'll get a few weeks.

Yeah, pretty much.

13532938_1203298126368929_6077368143819518677_n.jpg

Wow, fantastic....

Yep, I thought maybe that the refs had missed it but they hadn't and I'm glad, I hate that rubbish. It was unnecessary. That said, Thaiday got two weeks and the NRL are ridiculously soft, so he probably won't get as long as he should.

Does the fact that we played terribly negate the fact that 5 of their tries should have been called back?

Su'a was dreadful. I think he and Milford lost us the game. Those first two tries came off their shit defence and we just gave up after.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Swordfish
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.