Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We have issues no doubt but I don't think we're as bad as last night's performance looked. Everything came together in a perfect storm - injuries before and during the game, some shitty calls from the refs at crucial times and the best halfback and hooker going round to capitalise on them.

Plus all night the Storm were getting three in the tackle and we only got a few quick play the balls all night. Conversely they found their front in every tackle, got a quick play and had a second run in the same time as our players were still trying to get up. No other team is as good at slowing down the ruck and they are especially good at just choking us out for 80 minutes.

Without the injury to Oates and three+ dodgy tries we were in with an ok chance, we probably would still have lost but in a much closer game. But on the early part of our performance last night I'd back us against just about any other team in the NRL. And I can easily see us going on a 4 or 5 game streak after the bye, no other team is nearly as good as the Storm at slowing down the ruck constantly. That's what stops us from playing our type or football more than anything else and we would have been a fair chance of beating any other team last night.

I want to believe!

I have put myself through the game, and that is absolute bullshit, but that doesn't really surprise me coming from you, since neither of those players have Parker or McGuire as surname.

Su'A had one bad read indeed, but given the circumstances on that left side, quite good while on field.

Gillett was the best defender on the field in the first half, by a fair margin too, and only after desperation and frustration took hold, did he end up faltering in the second half, and only by trying too hard.

I agree. C'mon Alec. Gillett missed a couple yeah but he made 40+. He does need to get back his sting but he is a workhorse without a doubt. And sua made one wrong choice and let in a linebreak so lets shoot him or say he did it all game. We cant blame specific players for a few missed tackles or one mistake. Need to look at it as a whole and what is going wrong. I think this bye cannot come fast enough. Just wish there was not a dead rubber some of our boys need to turn up too next week.

Matt Gillett's stats from last night:

65 minutes played.

9 hitups for 64 metres.

44 tackles

5 missed tackles.

Compared to minutes played:

Fewest hitups in the pack.

Fewest metres gained per run for the pack.

Most missed tackles in the whole team.

No wonder Tallis called him the best forward in the world! No-one could match those wonderful stats! Lol

Two weeks ago we were all singing Gillett's praises. Two bad games and he is shit. I cant wait for the team to go good again just so i can read this forum and the turnaround.

Two weeks ago we were all singing Gillett's praises. Two bad games and he is shit. I cant wait for the team to go good again just so i can read this forum and the turnaround.

No one said Gillett is shit. He just wasn't good. Actually, he hasn't been very good since Tallis gave him a verbal fellatio a few weeks back.

Last edited:

He isn't shit but he has been cod ordinary over the last two weeks and it's inexcusable from an Origin class player such as he.

No one said Gillett is shit. He just wasn't good. Actually, he hasn't been very good since Tallis gave him a verbal fellatio a few weeks back.

Tallis seems to have an affect on our players.

Bennett in the press conference saying Broncos improved.

Have they actually improved? Or is he just trying to divert attention?

I honestly can't say a 48-6 flogging is an improvement.. Not after the way they started the game.

Last edited:
Bennett in the press conference saying Broncos improved.

Have they actually improved? Or is he just trying to divert attention?

I honestly can't say a 48-6 flogging is an improvement.. Not after the way they started the game.
I actually think they improved. But not by much.

Was Finucane (I think) charged for lifting his elbow? He could've really fucked Gillett up.

That's fair game now.

They used to penalize it, not anymore.

I just saw the news and after the game there was a brawl between some guys after the game and some of the guys had Broncos jerseys on. They were kicking people in the head, punching in the head on the ground etc. Disgusting behavior and shameful that these guys are Broncos fans, they should be charged by police and banned for life from the NRL.

Matt Gillett's stats from last night:

65 minutes played.

9 hitups for 64 metres.

44 tackles

5 missed tackles.

Compared to minutes played:

Fewest hitups in the pack.

Fewest metres gained per run for the pack.

Most missed tackles in the whole team.

No wonder Tallis called him the best forward in the world! No-one could match those wonderful stats! Lol
Did you actually read my post, or were you just trying too hard to look witty?

At half time, Gillett had 24 tackles with 0 missed, and I didn't realise that hit-ups are defensive stats now...

Did you actually read my post, or were you just trying too hard to look witty?

At half time, Gillett had 24 tackles with 0 missed, and I didn't realise that hit-ups are defensive stats now...

I read it, but sheer number of tackles doesn't mean you played well, which is what I was responding to. You stated it was 'absolute bullshit' when Alec stated he was neither 'excellent nor awesome.'

Plenty were bagging Roberts during the live chat, yet he made 19 tackles, so I guess that's it? He played well because he made a comparatively high number of tackles?

I just saw the news and after the game there was a brawl between some guys after the game and some of the guys had Broncos jerseys on. They were kicking people in the head, punching in the head on the ground etc. Disgusting behavior and shameful that these guys are Broncos fans, they should be charged by police and banned for life from the NRL.

Yeah, you always get those few idiots.

I saw the same thing happen after that 2008 semi.

One guy came up to me when I was standing outside having a smoke and said that he is going to find some Storm supporters and bash them.

He found a few of them. He lost that fight, badly. But you always get those few fuckwits that take things too far.

IIRC, a reporter was also bashed by a few Broncos supporters after a heavy loss to Storm in Melbourne.

Last edited:
Absolutely scum and like Broncoman says should be charged and banned from any future NRL games period. I am disgusted at losing in such fashion as much as the next person but it doesn't give you the right to act in such a cowardly and disgraceful manner.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manlyman
  • Johnny92
  • marw
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • RodF
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.