Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Bennett needs to adapt. This playstyle is negative and is unreliable. End of the day having 3 or so forwards who will make you 120+ metres a game are a staple.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Where's my boy [MENTION=7690]Bull Shark[/MENTION], feast on the pain!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So, looking at Blair as a Broncos player...he really was only good gor around half a season when McGuire was injured. He's been poor to average the rest of the time. We need another good prop or two, and he ain't it. Neither is Thaiday or Ofahengaue yet.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Melbourne should invest in lottery tickets.

Bounce of the ball, favourable injuries, favourable calls and in the end Brisbane had nothing left in the tank. Melbourne were 10 foot tall and bullet proof, Brisbane just had no pick-me-ups what-so-ever

That isn't to say Melbourne weren't deserving. I thought they put in an A+ performance and would have beaten this Brisbane team handily. However, the blow-out was just everything going their way. Even that last try to Blair came off a player who wouldn't have been in that position and wouldn't have been playing with a busted shoulder but tonight was just that night.

They've got an air about them Melbourne. It wouldn't surprise me to see them win premiership #3. But hey it wasn't that long ago they were struggling to beat the Knights. A couple of knocks and you'll never know what may happen to them.

Not giving up on the Broncos just yet. Not thinking about premierships, just want to get the win but this side still has plenty going for it. Once they get their past 17 on the park, we'll hear all the usual salary cap allegations.

Just got to regroup, earn a couple of hard-fought wins and turn it on. 2016 is wide open, and while tonight was a low-light it cannot get any worse.

Onwards and upwards.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
there are a few glaring issues which are quite obvious, then there is the bigger burning issue that is better hidden from the public eye. ill start with the obvious.

1) bennetts game plan and his support staff are a million miles away at the moment and are on the treadmill going backwards. he was totally out coached tonight. bellamy and his 2 guns picked us apart. it was actually quite embarrassing and im starting to think the game might be shifting past him
2) picking players who dont deserve to be there and who are not right for the club.
3) our attack 99 times out of a 100 stinks and frustrates the hell out of me. 3 up for a block.. yep really ingenious stuff that.
4) the parker saga, has this had a bigger effect than we thought and been spoken about around the club for longer than we thought? it was only 8 weeks ago he hired a manager to negotiate his new broncos contract. push push, shove shove.
5) I have named this at 5 but it seems the biggest issue for mine. retention of players, we seem unable to move any junk and are holding on to dear life of some of the worst talent in the clubs history. our recruitment has been ok at a senior level (milford, boyd, roberts etc) but what about our miserable and non existent development/recruitment of juniors at present (barring oates and potentially sua) what else have we really and truly developed post mcguire/hunt etc 20's era. we havent developed anything even though we are the best resourced and funded club bar none. screws need to be turned and answers given on how poor our last 10 years have gone with juniors and that needs to happen with our so called experts now!!!

6) this is the not so public. there is a real stink of arrogance at the moment and some real fractures unfolding between groups in the shed. im speaking out of school here, but there are some real big rockstars getting around at the moment and its not un noticed!!!!!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Johns identified a major weakness in our defence like a few months back. Don't go around us, go through us. Our defence seems to fall apart when the opposition straightens their attack or changes angles.

Last edited:
Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
5) I have named this at 5 but it seems the biggest issue for mine. retention of players, we seem unable to move any junk and are holding on to dear life of some of the worst talent in the clubs history. our recruitment has been ok at a senior level (milford, boyd, roberts etc) but what about our miserable and non existent development/recruitment of juniors at present (barring oates and potentially sua) what else have we really and truly developed post mcguire/hunt etc 20's era. we havent developed anything even though we are the best resourced and funded club bar none. screws need to be turned and answers given on how poor our last 10 years have gone with juniors and that needs to happen with our so called experts now!!!

This has been an issue since the Smith, Slater, Thurston days. I know you can't have them all, but we seem to always end up with the second or third best player. Local players aside, where's our Korobiete, Vunivalu or Radradra? Where's our Bromwich or Graham? I can't understand how a club like Brisbane always seems to be behind the 8-ball when it comes to picking up the best young players.

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
Absolute pathetic performance. The only time they looked good was when Roberts scored. I'd like to see Milford link up with Roberts more often. Could really use a few games with a full strength side. Felt sorry for Nikorima.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
13516716_1047600675293392_7406234336554495121_n.jpg

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Johns identified a major weakness in our defence like a few months back. Don't go around us, go through us. Our defence seems to fall apart when the opposition straightens their attack or changes angles.

I wish we could hire johns for a few sessions. Even if it's just to have a talk and video analysis with hunt and Milford.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I wish we could hire johns for a few sessions. Even if it's just to have a talk and video analysis with hunt and Milford.
What's Locky up to??? I'm sure he could spare a couple of hours a week surely...

H

Hardone

U18 Player
Jul 29, 2015
Pathetic game very disappointed, our forwards to small and our young guns Su'A etc got schooled in defence movements, a lot to learn..

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
This has been an issue since the Smith, Slater, Thurston days. I know you can't have them all, but we seem to always end up with the second or third best player. Local players aside, where's our Korobiete, Vunivalu or Radradra? Where's our Bromwich or Graham? I can't understand how a club like Brisbane always seems to be behind the 8-ball when it comes to picking up the best young players.

im on board with you dash. something is horribly missing. i hate to refer back to the cyril connell days but he didnt miss his mark.
the head man at the cows who does their recruitment is light years ahead of our flogs.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Ash Taylor, Jake Granville & Matt Parcell come to mind. Not standing in the way of young players guaranteed first grade spots is a RIDICULOUS policy! It has to stop!!! Anyone guaranteed a starting spot is obviously good, and WE need them for depth. Ffs.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Talanoa or 1910 or one of the insiders, is losing Walters having a greater impact than we realized? I obviously don't know the extent of his involvement last year, but he seems to be one major piece missing that was there last year.

L

lionred

NYC Player
Feb 9, 2015
Watched the game again (yep was not easy). But I think some of our opinions are harsh ones. Melbourne were really good and got a lot of pathetic decisions there way. Two tries in a row that were not tries was what killed us. 12-0 down is not uncommon, but 24 - 0 and it ripped their hearts out. Then the onslaught came when we lost Corey and had to put Knik there. Melbourne executed the demise perfectly. Thats not to say I want Kodis head either. We sing his praise and get angry at the thought of losing him but then a bad game out of position and under immense pressure and hes gotta go? Young Sua being slammed for being exploited when watching again he made one defensive error (Bromwich break) and actually was pretty solid in defence besides that. I still believe it is more our attack that has to change. We do not put teams under pressure. Parker tried hard last night but a little too hard and it actually broke our backline a few times. But he was trying to lead by example. Joffa needs to run a little harder, wallace really had a dig. TPJ knows how to run onto the ball, but is gassed easily. We need one of the halves to either take control or find away to control and create together. I will agree that we need to buy a flamboyant winger though. Anyway the next game we win, they will all be superstars again

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Watched the game again (yep was not easy). But I think some of our opinions are harsh ones. Melbourne were really good and got a lot of pathetic decisions there way. Two tries in a row that were not tries was what killed us. 12-0 down is not uncommon, but 24 - 0 and it ripped their hearts out. Then the onslaught came when we lost Corey and had to put Knik there. Melbourne executed the demise perfectly. Thats not to say I want Kodis head either. We sing his praise and get angry at the thought of losing him but then a bad game out of position and under immense pressure and hes gotta go? Young Sua being slammed for being exploited when watching again he made one defensive error (Bromwich break) and actually was pretty solid in defence besides that. I still believe it is more our attack that has to change. We do not put teams under pressure. Parker tried hard last night but a little too hard and it actually broke our backline a few times. But he was trying to lead by example. Joffa needs to run a little harder, wallace really had a dig. TPJ knows how to run onto the ball, but is gassed easily. We need one of the halves to either take control or find away to control and create together. I will agree that we need to buy a flamboyant winger though. Anyway the next game we win, they will all be superstars again

Quality write up for mine. As silly as it may seem, I think out inept attack is affecting our defence. With no inside knowledge I can't help but think we need Walters back ASAP!

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Tmac
  • Mr Fourex
  • barker
  • Fitzy
  • azza.79
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.