Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Also it's been happening for a few years now, the club seems to be hoping the wrestling/holding down will go away sometime soon....but it never does. We should be doing the same shit as all the other clubs too. It's way too easy for teams to advance down the field against us, especially with our passive line speed.

It did go away in the earlier part of the year. Refs had a "crackdown" on holding down etc during their first part of the year and it made us look amazing. Then as per usual they forgot about it by origin and now it's more of a crackup.

My favourite crackdown was this years'. They said they would be cracking down on incorrect play the balls. It literally lasted 0 weeks.

It did go away in the earlier part of the year. Refs had a "crackdown" on holding down etc during their first part of the year and it made us look amazing. Then as per usual they forgot about it by origin and now it's more of a crackup.

We have the best athletes out of any Aus sport, yet the absolute worst refs. The gulf is amazing, and it's made obvious when teams like the storm, roosters, and Souths can exploit the refs and rules to win premierships. At least the cows won last year on the back of excellent footy throughout the season (even tho the refs refused to blow blatant penalties in the last half of the game, which isn't the cows' fault).

Edit: I thought the idea of two refs was that one was meant to police the ruck? If they can't do that, then change it back to a single ref, because that seems to attract better officiating.

Last edited:
My favourite crackdown was this years'. They said they would be cracking down on incorrect play the balls. It literally lasted 0 weeks.

Just like every crackdown really. The officiating for the majority of this season has been inconsistent with the OFFICIAL INTERPRETATIONS AND LAWS. If it was consistent I have no doubt in my mind we would still be in the top four.

At the completion of the tackle
The player in possession:
‘shall be immediately released’ by the defender and/or defenders.
^In a tackle involving two or more defenders, after the tackle is complete, all defenders must release simultaneously.

This is straight from the rule book. And I'd say that 4 out 5 tackles aren't compliant with these rules. Our game-plan is designed to wear down teams with the speed of the play the ball. With the forward pack we have we most likely won't be able compete with teams like the Cowboys, Storm and Bulldogs who have a a wall of power forwards like Tamou, Bromwich, Klemmer ect. who lie in the ruck and slow the play down. With the way the game is going I will be surprised if we even get close to a premiership this season. It's frustrating to watch honestly. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Refs.

lol.

Yeah, they're the reason we've slumped from 1st to 7th in as many weeks.

We are seriously missing inspiration. No energy, desire, hunger.

I so wish we still had Hodges. He may not be the answer to all our problems but he certainly led by example.

I so wish we still had Hodges. He may not be the answer to all our problems but he certainly led by example.
They should watch last year grand final. May be that might inspire them.

I have stayed out of this thread ... but here is my opinion on where things went wrong.

a lack confidence stopped us from being competitive in that game.

before people go off, let me explain my thinking.

we sprinted out of the blocks, and asked plenty of questions of the Storm's defence in that first 15 minutes, but couldn't get across the line. then against the run of play the Storm scored first, and due to our rock bottom confidence, our heads dropped and the Storm were able to run away with it thanks to the brilliance of Smith and Cronk.

It also didn't help losing Oates and having to play Nikorima on the wing, and Cronk is a smart footy player, he saw the height difference there and exploited it perfectly

Who else felt it was over after Proctor's try? It was one of those "f*** it we've lost" moments. We never switch off like that. I think we can still pull it together though...

Who else felt it was over after Proctor's try? It was one of those "f*** it we've lost" moments. We never switch off like that. I think we can still pull it together though...

Pretty much. It would have felt the same for the players as it did for the fans. "It's 2013 all over again". Busting our arses, needed everyone to play out of their skin and the footy gods to bestow their grace on us just to get over the line once, while the opposition just clicks their fingers and they're over at will.

Yeah, I knew it was over then.

All of the possession Broncos had, all of the chances and they had nothing to show for it.. And then Storm score a couple of quick tries. It was over.

Last edited:
Our set plays were predictable to the storm defense IMO. They knew exactly where to go when we attacked em in their red

The game reminded me of when you're playing a video game and you're killing it on a certain difficulty, so you dial it up to the max and the computer just handles everything you've got with ease and then curbstomps your ass into oblivion.

We did not trouble Melbourne at all. We didn't even look like we knew how to trouble them, just rubbish one outs and poor ends to the set. As soon as Melbourne went up the other end they scored, and from there it was all pretty ominous. Certainly some things you can't do much about like Nikorima v Vunivaalu but overall we just looked flat and clueless.

I am happy the crowd walked out and emptied the stadium before FT, the effort reflected by the players deserved it. They should've been able to redeem 50% of their ticket price after that debacle.

Last edited:
Haven't posted on here pretty much all season.

The result sucked, and felt oh too much like 2013 and 2014 losses where we'd look like a formidable outfit for 15 minutes only to go down a try and quickly go into a slump and the shit referreeing decisions and name calling would be thrown around the forums like wildfire.

Personal observations:

1. Milford and Hunt are massively burning over the SOO snub. That plus the Milford Samoa ban from Bennett.
2. Broncos not playing under the radar like in 2015
3. SOO effort fatigue
4. Bennett's holiday to the UK mid-season - could have inadvertantly impacted his concentration
5. Lack of confidence - maybe it was a fluke and those 79:58 minutes in October was our time.

I just don't know how a team with the best forward pack, best halves and best fullback in the game can not be obliterating the opposition every week.

But I suppose that is exactly the problem - team chemistry and playing with and for each other.

Bennett needs to break it down, to the nth degree, tackle by tackle, effort on effort.

Forget about redemption in October.

**** I wish they'd forget about SOO 3 this year.... that's another 3 weeks of distractions. Bye round, back-up round, disrupted prep round, switch on.

Last edited:

Hodges was king sledger too. Got in people's heads. Who's taken over that role?

Hodges was king sledger too. Got in people's heads. Who's taken over that role?

Nobody, and that is part of the problem. Seriously, we are a team of nice guys. Next try against us, I'm expecting Blair to offer the try scorer a box of chocolates.

God I miss the days of mongrel

Last edited:
I would have expected Thaiday but he has enough trouble on his hands on actually contributing to being a competent forward as it is.

Nobody, and that is part of the problem. Seriously, we are a team of nice guys. Next try against us, I'm expecting Blair to offer the try scorer a box of chocolates.

God I miss the days of mongrel

Blame Tallis.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • dasherhalo
  • davidp
  • Old Mate
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • barker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.