Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Yeah sure Melbourne played well, but **** we make them look good. Some terrible reads in defence, guys rushing out of the line, poor technique etc. The first time we didn't rush in on that block play they do all match, Hunt puts Ado Carr over the sideline.

We just need to slide, just like NSW did the other night. Don't rush in, hold off them. Have confidence in the man on the inside.

Some really dumb attack too. Could of scored a couple of tries if we just passed to our wingers. Both Moga and Roberts were guilty.

We just got to play smarter against these blokes. They get away with murder and we play into their hands ever time we play them. I hate watching Melbourne play. They are a shit stain on the game, but until the NRL get some balls we need to be smart. I agree with whoever said we were out coached tonight. I think it was rnabokov.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
How's the Ogre chiming in in defence leaving the outside backs a clear run to the line. Following Marshalls lead i must say

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah sure Melbourne played well, but **** we make them look good. Some terrible reads in defence, guys rushing out of the line, poor technique etc. The first time we didn't rush in on that block play they do all match, Hunt puts Ado Carr over the sideline.

We just need to slide, just like NSW did the other night. Don't rush in, hold off them. Have confidence in the man on the inside.

Some really dumb attack too. Could of scored a couple of tries if we just passed to our wingers. Both Moga and Roberts were guilty.

We just got to play smarter against these blokes. They get away with murder and we play into their hands ever time we play them. I hate watching Melbourne play. They are a shit stain on the game, but until the NRL get some balls we need to be smart. I agree with whoever said we were out coached tonight. I think it was rnabokov.

I've seen us get baited into playing exactly how the opposition wants us to a number of times this season, not just tonight. I thought the Roosters game was a good example too. Dunno what they are thinking.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Some positives:

Blair was damn solid for us in the first half. Thought he tried hard.
McCullough was arguably our best player. Good to see him running.
Benji Marshall still has the moves.
Ofahengaue really stood up after McGuire went off. Gotta re-sign him, he's impressing again, especially for a 21yo prop.
Totally agree mate on all points. Blair is an animal. I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Does so much work off the ball. That scoreline could of been 60 if he wasn't there.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Rhetorical question, but how the hell does the storm put a tackled player on their back 99% of the time, and when we tackle, the opposing player falls onto their abdomen and hands. Wrestling and slow ruck and slow play the balls absolutely killed us tonight.

As well, execution was shocking. I think it was Melbourne's first 4 tries and something like 5-6/8 tries all came from penalties and our knock ons.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Blair and sims were so good they ran for a combined 45m in the firat 50mins. Beaten up like a pair of favourites

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Rhetorical question, but how the hell does the storm put a tackled player on their back 99% of the time, and when we tackle, the opposing player falls onto their abdomen and hands. Wrestling and slow ruck and slow play the balls absolutely killed us tonight.

As well, execution was shocking. I think it was Melbourne's first 4 tries and something like 5-6/8 tries all came from penalties and our knock ons.

And then Blair gets penalised for laying a finger on a storm player.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
While I still resist the temptation to lay most blame at the feet of individuals on field or absent - I think the loss of Milf, Boyd and Oates and McGuire did set us back a lot tonight, however it is still for me a matter of coaching: discipline, set plays, execution and that's where the Broncos fall behind the Storm. Anyway, enough has been said about the Storm knowing their roles etc etc. Point is, they do and we don't. We need imo, a much more effective game plan strategy and set of discipline tactics.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Outclassed, outmanoeuvred and outenthused. Storm were good at doing what they do. Cheats but clever enough to get away with it.

Hunt was a mess with flashes or brilliance few and far between. Needs a Cronk to do most of the heavy lifting to take pressure off.

Positives were Blair, Offa and TPJ. Marshall had some moments but needs to be free to chime in at right time not be primary half.

Need to make this an opportunity to sweep out the deadwood. 2 weeks to rejig.

1. Marshall
2. Pearson
3. Oates
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Hunt (want him gone but until reinforcements come back tell him to play a running 5/8 role. No attempts at 'game management'.)
7. KNik
8. ESE ESE
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Sua (Gillett too hot and cold looks burnt out give him another week off)
13. McGuire
14. TPJ
15. Offa
16. Sims
17. Arrow

30. Thaiday. Make sure he has nice beach views for his retirement.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
While I still resist the temptation to lay most blame at the feet of individuals on field or absent - I think the loss of Milf, Boyd and Oates and McGuire did set us back a lot tonight, however it is still for me a matter of coaching: discipline, set plays, execution and that's where the Broncos fall behind the Storm. Anyway, enough has been said about the Storm knowing their roles etc etc. Point is, they do and we don't. We need imo, a much more effective game plan strategy and set of discipline tactics.

So Bennett needs to take a page out of Bellyaches book and act like a moody ****?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Moga is just pure shit ... he s should never wear the Broncos jersey again ....

In fact he is so bad that I'm wishing Reed never retired so there would be no place fgor Moga

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Storm just beat us mentally before the game starts. Guys like hunt will look at the draw and start shitting themselves the week before a storm game. This hoodoo is that bad. It'll never be exorcised until we beat them 30-0

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014

Rhetorical answer, Bellamy-ball is so-fkn-ugly. We want and need to be better than that.

I think throw in Milf, Oates, McGuire, Boyd, Bird, Opacic, Lodge etc. Add another year for TPJ and Joffa. Sprinkle in some concrete on everyone's breakfast each morning...and our upside is more than the storm's over the coming years.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Moga is just pure shit ... he s should never wear the Broncos jersey again ....

In fact he is so bad that I'm wishing Reed never retired so there would be no place fgor Moga

Mitch Doyle reckons he has been great this year. His opinion> Yours

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Galah
  • thenry
  • mitch222
  • Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.