Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Unless the rules are changed Melbourne will be the benchmark for years to come.

Doesn't matter if Slater, Smith and Cronk retire. It won't be a brand new day. This wrestling rubbish, which has been a fucking blight on rugby league for over a decade, needs to be eradicated.

As for the Broncos - too many mistakes and bad defence.

Also need to **** Moga off. The guy adds nothing. We'd be better of with 12 men on the field.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Doesn't matter if Slater, Smith and Cronk retire. It won't be a brand new day. This wrestling rubbish, which has been a fucking blight on rugby league for over a decade, needs to be eradicated.

Also need to **** Moga off. The guy adds nothing. We'd be better of with 12 men on the field.

Maybe not 12 men, but if we did a Weekend at Bernie's thing and attached a string to a mannequin or something, it might just be better.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Agreed, Hook. They need to give the refs leeway to penalize wrestling, as in a non black and white rule book. They also need to sit down with video and a few BJJ/ wrestling experts and run them through what is and isn't a hold etc in the pre season.

EDIT: And wrestling penalties shouldn't contribute towards the official count to stop refs from dishing out square ups later on/ stop calling penalties in fear of giving too many away. Just reset the count even.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
My opinion is much better than Mitch Doyle's whoever the **** he is...

How do you not know who mitchy doyle is. The podcast broncos bloke? Broncos Weekly? Hopeless you are

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013

The day Bellamy got a head coaching role was the day rugby league changed for the worst.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
The day Bellamy got a head coaching role was the day rugby league changed for the worst.

Yeah it really hasn't been the same since. It took them a few years to perfect it but what's compounded the fact is that the NRL have no balls to stand up and get it out of the game.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thing is, Melbourne play they way they do because they are allowed to. Everyone else, like it or not needs to adapt to be as effective as them.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Also, were their punches thrown tonight?

I thought one of our players (Thaiday maybe?) and a Storm player hit each other.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Maybe this isn't the right thread for it, but I really don't have an issue with the way Melbourne play the game these days. They've perfected the 'catch and control' defensive style, so they can maneuver players onto their backs and win the ruck. As resilient as the Broncos are in defence, they often have trouble in the ruck and the opposition far too often finds their front.

I wish there were more teams like Melbourne. The way they can get bodies into motion, manipulate the defence and come up with last play options is a sight to behold. On top of that, they're fantastic at nurturing young talent. So many players would either be lost to the game or in and out of first grade if it wasn't for the Storm system.

Every so often they do get carried away and somehow they do seem to be the beneficiaries of some very fortunate decisions. However calls tend to go the way of the dominant sides and Melbourne have certainly been that for well over a decade now.

As upset as I am with the game (I literally spat chips at Hunt kicking it into the legs of Billy), Melbourne are on their way to another premiership and there is a lot to learn about the game through watching them play.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
How the **** did we miss less tackles than the storm

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I will back Thaiday until his final game but is that near? He has lost his origin spot and we lost McGuire early it was his chance to show everyone he isn't a spent force and he failed terribly I mean wow.

This hoodoo is painful and it won't end with smith slater and Cronk oh no we have to deal with smith 2.0 croft (Cronk 2.0) and Munster. Bellamy will pull our strings until the day he doesn't find it funny anymore

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Maybe this isn't the right thread for it, but I really don't have an issue with the way Melbourne play the game these days. They've perfected the 'catch and control' defensive style, so they can maneuver players onto their backs and win the ruck. As resilient as the Broncos are in defence, they often have trouble in the ruck and the opposition far too often finds their front.

I wish there were more teams like Melbourne. The way they can get bodies into motion, manipulate the defence and come up with last play options is a sight to behold. On top of that, they're fantastic at nurturing young talent. So many players would either be lost to the game or in and out of first grade if it wasn't for the Storm system.

Every so often they do get carried away and somehow they do seem to be the beneficiaries of some very fortunate decisions. However calls tend to go the way of the dominant sides and Melbourne have certainly been that for well over a decade now.

As upset as I am with the game (I literally spat chips at Hunt kicking it into the legs of Billy), Melbourne are on their way to another premiership and there is a lot to learn about the game through watching them play.

They are great to watch. The wrestling factor is overrated. They were much worse 10 years ago. They just know how to tackle properly to get people on their back. How about just learning off them. Even fucking cooper cronk has one of the best percentages of getting players on their back. And in attack they are just brilliant

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • Morkel
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.