Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
They are great to watch. The wrestling factor is overrated. They were much worse 10 years ago. They just know how to tackle properly to get people on their back. How about just learning off them. Even fucking cooper cronk has one of the best percentages of getting players on their back. And in attack they are just brilliant

Eh. No.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Remind me again how it's Hunts fault we let all those tries down the opposite side of the field? He threw a shit pass at the end when we were already thoroughly beaten.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Is this a pro Storm forum or fucking what? I understand some of you admire the way the Storm play their game, but this is a Broncos forum and we just got the absolute shit beat out of us and some of you are on here praising and admiring how the Storm play? Time and fucking place ok? It's like some of you could care less about the Broncos.

We just copped a devastating loss that will most probably dent our confidence in the worst way, leaving us not making the top 4 and getting bundled out of the finals quick smart. What our boys dished up tonight is appalling. Yes the Storm are great but they aren't unbeatable even if we had a few of our players out. I can't accept our weak mentality tonight. We lost this game before kick off and we lost it in the worst way - between the ears.

I'm over it. We were traveling so well and to dish that up tonight is shameful.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Is this a pro Storm forum or fucking what? I understand some of you admire the way the Storm play their game, but this is a Broncos forum and we just got the absolute shit beat out of us and some of you are on here praising and admiring how the Storm play? Time and fucking place ok? It's like some of you could care less about the Broncos.

We just copped a devastating loss that will most probably dent our confidence in the worst way, leaving us not making the top 4 and getting bundled out of the finals quick smart. What our boys dished up tonight is appalling. Yes the Storm are great but they aren't unbeatable even if we had a few of our players out. I can't accept our weak mentality tonight. We lost this game before kick off and we lost it in the worst way - between the ears.

I'm over it. We were traveling so well and to dish that up tonight is shameful.

Chin up, Dee.

Newcastle in two weeks, pretty comfy run home.

It gets easier.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
That was fucking rubbish to watch. I fucking hate the Storm. I hate everything about them. I can't wait till the big three just **** off.
My thoughts exactly. And Klein can go with them.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Well hopefully that will put to bed any talk of bringing back Thaiday for the third SOO. He must be getting close to being dropped.

Hunt should also be out of origin contention on that performance. But he did show us enough to give us hope of better games to come

I want Muster in our team and definitely want him in the QLd team. We should put him on our wish list.

We were never really in the game tonight. We were just a bit sub standard in defence and the Storm just punished us for every error we made.

One thing that is beginning to bug me is the number of wasted plays we make when we have a full set to attack in the the red zone. In contrast ,just look at the Storm attack in the red zone , and the coordinated ,practiced manner they go about the job of getting the ball over the line.

I think the boys will learn from this debacle . I am not ready to give up on them just yet a premiership contenders..

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Chin up, Dee.

Newcastle in two weeks, pretty comfy run home.

It gets easier.
I'm just over it. The Storm exposed our weak mentality and showed why they are just head and shoulders above every team in the NRL.

We can win every game from now but I'm telling you now, if we play the Storm in the GF, we won't win. This is not 2015 anymore. In 2015 we were supremely confident. Nothing or no one could beat us, I felt that was our mentality and we played accordingly but since that GF loss, we aren't the same.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm just over it. The Storm exposed our weak mentality and showed why they are just head and shoulders above every team in the NRL.

We can win every game from now but I'm telling you now, if we play the Storm in the GF, we won't win. This is not 2015 anymore. In 2015 we were supremely confident. Nothing or no one could beat us, I felt that was our mentality and we played accordingly but since that GF loss, we aren't the same.

Absolutely, feels like there is a big difference in mentality. The team looked so confident in 2015, like they knew whatever they were trying was going to stick. I recently re-watched the prelim final against the Roosters from that year, **** me we were impressive. If only we had that sort of confidence again.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Being able to go into the Diamond Lounge made up for a very ordinary performance.

Free smoked trout & salmon canapes, spring rolls. Beef sliders. Chicken and beef kebabs, free drinks and got to meet some of the legends of the club like Sailor, Renouf and got their autograph and a photo with them. Also met PJ Marsh and Dale Shearer, and I did get a photo with Mundine but it really looked like he didn't want to be there.

Sailor is a fucking unit in person. It's no wonder he was such a destructive winger, the guy is built like a fucking skyscraper. Talked with him for a bit about his son etc. Also talked with PJ Marsh about his time at the Broncos and what he is up to now.

They were all very polite and more than happy to sign stuff. It was great.

Sailor was giving everyone cheek. Especially one of the workers there.

"We didn't name a captain but Sailor named himself as captain."

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Can someone post a link to a replay game?

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Absolutely, feels like there is a big difference in mentality. The team looked so confident in 2015, like they knew whatever they were trying was going to stick. I recently re-watched the prelim final against the Roosters from that year, **** me we were impressive. If only we had that sort of confidence again.
Exactly. And I'm not being negative. I'm just going off what I see and being realistic. Everytime i think we are building some confidence after a solid win, we come out that next week and play piss poor. We may win the game but we struggle to do so when we shouldn't, we have so much potential but we aren't a mentally strong team. I mean we are but we aren't. We certainly aren't as confident and mentally tough like our opponents tonight.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We got smashed by the team that is currently head and shoulders above every other team in the comp, so be it.

The refereeing had its usual head scratchers, probably most curiously the fact that Klein AGAIN clearly ignored his touch judge. To me, this is a HUGE issue out of this game. In the end, there was nothing wrong with the Addo-Carr try but that is not the point. What if there was something (ala Uate) and that incompetence costs a team a grand final? The fact Klein has done it again should be a massive issue out of this game...but it won't even be mentioned.

Now look, forward passes unfortunately get ignored every game, so as stupid as it is, learn to adapt and bend the rules like the Storm do. Learn to wrestle like the Storm do. Learn to hold your line like the Storm do. Trust in your system like the Storm do. We DEFINITELY have the team and the quality to beat them but just need to trust it. Unfortunately, the outs for this game and the re-shuffling of positions really hurt us coming up against the clearly benchmark team this season.

This loss does not mean the end of our season and no, it does not mean we are not contenders. What it does hopefully mean is that our boys realise they need to go up a few levels in the next two months. We looked tired and disinterested and with the bye next week after a pretty gruelling season thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if this actually played into the performance.

The team no doubt realised that even if we dropped to seventh, the two points from the bye mean we will most likely exit the rep season in the top four. Look for an annihilation of Newcastle next round as they will want to make a statement. If we lose that game, then feel free to panic.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not sure why Pearson was not on the left wing.

He is a good leaper, better than Mead. I'm really not sure why Mead was marking on Vunivalu, it was never going to end well.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Wendall Taylor
  • rj9
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • kman
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.