Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

That was just terrible. Maranta needs to go. He must be giving hook jobbies in the change room because he is dead set shit!

If hook keep picking shit players like maranta then we are going to keep losing. Yow Yeh or even give Kemp a go would be nice. Why parade Kemp signing if he is not going to get a go. Surely can't do worst than Maranta. How's Gillet in origin side this yr? How's he starting every game? Great division to let Te'o go Hook. Glenn done nothing this yr.

If hook keep picking **** players like maranta then we are going to keep losing. Yow Yeh or even give Kemp a go would be nice. Why parade Kemp signing if he is not going to get a go. Surely can't do worst than Maranta. How's Gillet in origin side this yr? How's he starting every game? Great division to let Te'o go Hook. Glenn done nothing this yr.

All valid points, especially DROP NORMAN AND MARANTA.

Think our night could be summed up by Reed injurying himself for over-committing to a kick that was never going to come off. Effort was there, the gameplay and the sense wasn't.

Played from behind way too early. The tired legs of Thaiday & Parker were exposed and that effort from Norman on Bromwich was comical.

We were then handed plenty of opportunities but either made dumb mistakes (Wallace) or were fouled (Waqa) and on the back of a pin-point perfect kick from Cronk Melbourne are in again.

Thought we did alright from there and were terribly unlucky not to score but that's life.

Second half is where it got ugly. Maranta scored that try, dead-set it was a try but the referees knew it was Maranta and thought somehow someway he bombed it so they took it off us. That killed us, it really did. Say what you will, but coming off what we had to come off, to have that go against you would break even the best teams in the competition.

We kept trying things until the death but nothing went our way while Melbourne took advantage of us throwing risky passes.

Players used to want to play for us. Now they just want to play against us. These type of performances don't improve our chances of signing anyone half decent!

im done. im not watching any more games this year unless we are willing to make changes. we all know prince, maranta, wallace, norman are sh*t but they keep getting selected, every week. other sides make changes when changes are necessary. we dont. we just pick the same muppets week in week out and somehow expect different results?? why should i support this? tell me why. we bombed five tries and probably should of won. why? cos we keep picking the same shithouse players that got us into this position in the first place.

Last edited:
Can't work out Maranta. Anywhere outside 5m from the line he is a decent winger. Within 5m and he finishes like a prop. Incredibly frustrating game though. Felt like a broncos try would have lifted their confidence to get back in the game. But every time they bombed a try they switched off and conceded one.

The footy gods are dead set against us. We were unlucky but should have been beaten. I cannot understand why some of the players were so slow in cleaning up a spilt ball (as if they were not interested). Prince and Wallace were awful. Surely we have someone able to play 6 and 7.

im done. im not watching any more games this year unless we are willing to make changes. we all know prince, maranta, wallace, norman are sh*t but they keep getting selected, every week. other sides make changes when changes are necessary. we dont. we just pick the same muppets week in week out and somehow expect different results?? why should i support this? tell me why. we bombed five tries and probably should of won. why? cos we keep picking the same shithouse players that got us into this position in the first place.

then don't let the door hit you on the way out

I'm convinced that our best possible recruit for next year would be a decent bloody psychologist. To be successful in anything, you must believe that you are capable of winning. On paper this team should belt the storm regardless of their big three. We don't believe in ourselves and the best example of this is Maranta. There is no such thing as luck as far as I'm concerned. That was the most territorially dominant display by a team that loses 32 nil in history. Hook needs help.

The footy gods are dead set against us. We were unlucky but should have been beaten. I cannot understand why some of the players were so slow in cleaning up a spilt ball (as if they were not interested). Prince and Wallace were awful. Surely we have someone able to play 6 and 7.

All valid, except DROP NORMAN AND MARANTA.

I'm convinced that our best possible recruit for next year would be a decent bloody psychologist. To be successful in anything, you must believe that you are capable of winning. On paper this team should belt the storm regardless of their big three. We don't believe in ourselves and the best example of this is Maranta. There is no such thing as luck as far as I'm concerned. That was the most territorially dominant display by a team that loses 32 nil in history. Hook needs help.

A psychologist can't teach a winger how to finish properly.

Oates did nothing wrong despite playing out of position. He would have been lucky to get 10 minutes throughout the game before Reed got injured. Big mention to McGuire best tonight.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bongo
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.