Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

We still need the exact same things as we did months ago.

A new coach (hopefully next year)
A defensive coach
A couple of first grade standard spine players

I feel like we'd be doing a lot better if we had decent kickers at the end of a set finding space, or a deadly broken field/kick returner like Barba putting the opposition on the back foot.

You can say what you like about bombing tries but the halves have to take ownership of he team. Both horrible but you can only drop one at a time. I think Prince has to go? This would allow a different hooker on the bench

Last edited:
A new coach (hopefully next year)
A defensive coach
A couple of first grade standard spine players

The first 2 are certainly doable, but I can't see the last one being plausible next season, there's simply not enough talent off-contract, unless we can lure players who are currently contracted (We've lost that attribute, the ability to lure players, we'll have to pay overs for anyone to come here now), it's a shame that there's no NRL draft, because for next year I'd be tanking like no tomorrow.

You can say what you like about bombing tries but the halves have to take ownership of he team. Both horrible but you can only drop one at a time. I think Prince has to go? This would allow a different hooker on the bench

Prince is fine.

It the lack of heart (Norman) and ability to finish attacking plays outside of the second best centre in the world (Maranta) that is the problem

then don't let the door hit you on the way out

lets be honest. i'm drunk and frustrated as hell. i wont stop watching.

but this year is done. please make some changes with the future in mind. i just cannot cop the same selections every week from here on in.

Last edited:
Prince didn't do anything, but 0 is still better than negative 50 Wallace dished out.
You are right it is debatable but Wallace shits on Princes kicking game that is why I gave him a very narrow points decision, along with his defence much stronger

Prince is fine.

It the lack of heart (Norman) and ability to finish attacking plays outside of the second best centre in the world (Maranta) that is the problem
Prince is not fine
i will not argue with you that Norman and Maranta need to go as well

A psychologist can't teach a winger how to finish properly.
It' s not just Maranta. It's the whole team. Someone, head shrink or not, needs to convince these boys to back themselves. maybe putting someone on the coaching/support staff that knows what it feels like to be a winner would be a good start. Telling them not to run upright into the defence when trying to score might assist too.

lets be honest. i'm drunk and frustrated as hell. i wont stop watching.

but this year is done. please make some changes with the future in mind. i just cannot cop the same selections every week from here on in.

I'm getting close to roasted now. But in the words of John Claude Van Damme:

Tonight I am drunk. Tomorrow I will be sober. But you will always be a ******, DROP NORMAN AND MARANTA.

It' s not just Maranta. It's the whole team. Someone, head shrink or not, needs to convince these boys to back themselves. maybe putting someone on the coaching/support staff that knows what it feels like to be a winner would be a good start. Telling them not to run upright into the defence when trying to score might assist too.

Yes true. But tonight they've met the coaches objectives and gameplan for each of them. High completion and kick to the wings. You can't do more than that.

Plus when you've got a no hoper like Norman bombing tries and a Rugby pedigree winger like Maranta being unable to properly finish them, you're fucked.

Our problem is so many are playing terrible, who do we drop and who do we bring in. Not many to choose from.

Anyone think Yow Yeh might be brought back sooner than later? Especially if Reed is gone for a while.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  • Dreaglor
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.