Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Anyone think Yow Yeh might be brought back sooner than later? Especially if Reed is gone for a while.

Fuckin oath. Yow Yeh would show more fucking heart and ability than Maranta or Norman

Definitely need a new 6 or 7, even if we get barba who is going to put in decent passes and kicks to him, not our 2 nuffies. As much as I hate Wallace it seems we are stuck with him, Prince is old and slipping so we have sh-t all to work with. I'm on the parra style clean out starting with the coach before seasons end. If they dont make changes before round 26 we will be in the same predicament next year using "we are gelling excuses"
. Some people I wouldn't mind seeing leave:
Wallace, Prince. Norman. Macca. Maranta with Gilette back to the bench

Wouldn't be surprised to see Yow Yeh back early but honestly I hope not. Until he's ready we shouldn't rush him in.

Trying to think of positives tonight...

I thought Hodges played well. Made some mistakes but also created our best opportunities basically out of nothing and did all he could to swing momentum in our favour. I'm usually the first to be critical of Hodges but tonight I felt he did everything he could for us and that deserves recognition.

Thought McGuire worked really hard for us tonight and was one of the few forwards creating opportunities, ditto Glenn.

Thought Parker & Thaiday put in but it was clear they had little left in the tank after two big performances. Dead-set felt like jumping through the tv went Norrie maimed Parker. Like the rest of the team I would have got my ass handed to me :laugh: but I couldn't stand that happening to our hardest working player.

We are just a crap team. We tried hard put still got flogged. Maranta, Wallace,Norman,Prince and Macca are beyond useless.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Yow Yeh back early but honestly I hope not. Until he's ready we shouldn't rush him in.

Trying to think of positives tonight...

I thought Hodges played well. Made some mistakes but also created our best opportunities basically out of nothing and did all he could to swing momentum in our favour. I'm usually the first to be critical of Hodges but tonight I felt he did everything he could for us and that deserves recognition.

Thought McGuire worked really hard for us tonight and was one of the few forwards creating opportunities, ditto Glenn.

Thought Parker & Thaiday put in but it was clear they had little left in the tank after two big performances. Dead-set felt like jumping through the tv went Norrie maimed Parker. Like the rest of the team I would have got my ass handed to me :laugh: but I couldn't stand that happening to our hardest working player.

True but Parker, Thaiday, McGuire, Hodges putting their all in and having good games is axiomatic. They are good players.

Problem is they have shit halves and wingers letting them down

DROP NORMAN AND MARANTA.

Suck out the poison (Norman) and Maranta needs to learn how to play winger

I'm truly glad that I'm not the only one who despises the way Maranta, Norman, Prince, Wallace and McCullough are playing at the moment, they have 1 good game and then follow it up with 4 games where they're invisible, if Griffin wants his job next year he basically needs to cut all 5 of them for the remainder of the season, show the club that he knows where the problems are, if he doesn't, he won't be here next year.

Maranta --> Yow Yeh / Kemp
Norman --> Kahu
Prince --> Hunt
Wallace --> ? Cullen?
McCullough --> Baptiste

Honestly I'm just pissed off, I have nothing nice to say so I'm going to hold back.

Definitely drop Norman and Maranta. I don't care who plays instead of them.

On the bright side I like what little I saw of Oates.

Anyone think Yow Yeh might be brought back sooner than later? Especially if Reed is gone for a while.

no ... he's not going to be the same JYY we all remember this year .. and chances are he never will be ... the kid is still taking baby steps from one of the most horrific RL injuries of all time ... he's still spooked at the prospect of being tackled around his legs, and who could blame him ...

throwing into the fray of NRL would be stupidity in the extreme ... he needs more time

With how often the storm were hitting us with canonballs.. I don't want Yow Yeh back yet.

no ... he's not going to be the same JYY we all remember this year .. and chances are he never will be ... the kid is still taking baby steps from one of the most horrific RL injuries of all time ... he's still spooked at the prospect of being tackled around his legs, and who could blame him ...

throwing into the fray of NRL would be stupidity in the extreme ... he needs more time

I agree, but who knows what Griffin will be thinking. We have so little depth in the backs that I wouldn't be surprised to see him make an early return in 2 weeks time even. Do we have anyone in the U20s that's good? When's Copley due back? Is Alwyn Simpson still available?

I'm truly glad that I'm not the only one who despises the way Maranta, Norman, Prince, Wallace and McCullough are playing at the moment, they have 1 good game and then follow it up with 4 games where they're invisible, if Griffin wants his job next year he basically needs to cut all 5 of them for the remainder of the season, show the club that he knows where the problems are, if he doesn't, he won't be here next year.

Maranta --> Yow Yeh / Kemp
Norman --> Kahu
Prince --> Hunt
Wallace --> ? Cullen?
McCullough --> Baptiste

Time to rebuild. What is the strategy for 2014?

It obviously cannot involve Norman, so get rid of him now.

What is most frustrating is that we ARE capable of playing a top 4 brand of footy. I'm optimistic that with a few key personnel changes on and off the field we can be contenders next year. Must get rid of the dead wood right now though.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.