Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Surely it's time for changes to the spine! Surely! We cannot keep persevering and expecting the same result. surely. . .

I would stick with Maranta.

He had an off night but a winger who has only played a handful games was not the reason we lost tonight. There are guys in the squad with over a hundred games still making elementary errors but it's the rookie that cops it.

If we have faith in Maranta, he will deliver the goods no doubt about it in my mind.
Go home CaptainHook, you're drunk.

I've noticed recently they've been a lot more interactive with ALL fans, not just the 'good' tweets to the account that they just usually retweet. I think they (or maybe the higher-ups) sense an uprising and are trying to calm everyone down and say 'Look we understand, just please stick with us'
Problem is they don't understand. I hope the people in charge read the twitter account and realize if this keeps going it is going to cost them bums on seats

haha enjoyed the "Have publicly said we are active and looking" post.

Problem is they don't understand. I hope the people in charge read the twitter account and realize if this keeps going it is going to cost them bums on seats

I'd like to think they wouldn't need to go anywhere near social media to realise they're driving this once great football club into the ground.

Whether or not Yow Yeh returns early should be left entirely up to him. Any attempts to rush him back would be a dangerous call to make and largely, a pointless one. Our season is done. It's over. We couldn't hope to compete even if we made the finals.

The writing is on the wall. We need a Parra style cleanout on every level of the footy department and that is all there is to it.

THIS
SHIT

FFS Maranta & Norman need to go. I'm not even half joking just because Subsbligh is posting it every second post. Seriously, **** right off. Hodges set up what should have been 4 certain trys tonight. If I were him, I'd be talking to Hook about Maranta and saying 'him or me'. He bombs tries, and he concedes them. That Blair try off the bomb, Hodges shields Maranta yet he can't even be fucked jumping for it. And if you have the ball a metre out from the line, with defenders coming from the sides, GET TO GROUND you dumbarse excuse for a winger. Kemp would have had 3-4 tries to his name tonight.

Melbourne were poor. Slater's stuffed. We actually had a really good gameplan and it was working to a pretty good degree. Pressuring the middle, swatting out the inside runners. After the 50 minute mark they gave up, but until then, we would have fucking had them if we had a better winger, a fullback with a heart, and an ounce of luck. After those 50 minutes there was little more they could do.

Video ref is bullshit. They fucked it up when they decided the on-field refs held the power to make a decision on something even if they didn't see what happened. The problem wasn't the previous rule of 'benefit of the doubt to the attacking team', it was because ANY doubt, even 5%, was given as a try (eg, Cowboys Manly game last year). The solution should ALWAYS have been if it's 50/50, benefit to attacker. 51% over-rules it. If the ref tonight ruled a try before going to the video ref, it would have been a try. But with this stupid ruling, he has to make a call on something he didn't see, and that determines the outcome regardless of what % it looks to be a try. That to me was 90% try, 10% no try. Benefit to the attacker, any day of the week. These fucken dinosaurs who believe that the refs are just human and mistakes are to be tolerated, **** off. If there's a better way, a more accurate way, fucken do it.

And I've been saying it, everyone's been saying it, Norman left when he signed the big $$ contract. Leaving him in the side has crippled this year, as has selecting Maranta over a proven finisher & match winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been one of the most frustrating seasons ever.

I am soooooo frustrated as a fan, I just can't wait for better days.

Liam Fulton just made a quicker better pass under pressure than Wallace. Sign him up as halfback

This has been one of the most frustrating seasons ever.

I am soooooo frustrated as a fan, I just can't wait for better days.

When the better days do come, and they will, we'll look back on this sh*t and be glad that we stayed fans of the club. But f**k we surely must have some decent luck coming our way.

Unfortunately our best half injured his foot or leg or whatever it was last week.

most of you guy's are correct with your assessments of this team. i am a die hard supporter of the broncos since their inception & i must admit i have never been so absolutely frustrated at the inept pissy performances of this team.what happened to the pride the players used to show in this jersey,the never say die attitude & the fear they used to put into the opposition in defence & attack.? it is extremely hard to watch 80 minutes of the same old crap week in week out.i lay the blame at the feet of the coaches ( Ivan the terrible & hook ) for their lack of innovation & creativity & the recruitment team (gee gee) for the lack of foresight & judgment in player recruitment.
this is by far the worst broncos team we have ever had the misfortune to ever have to endure week in & week out.
i agree with getting rid of prince,Wallace, Norman,maranta, & the shit coach hook.also Alex Glen has been woeful this year.Scott powder puff Anderson is shit & needs to stay in Q cup & what is wrong with hala ? built like a freaking wrecking ball & hits it up like a lady boy.
this team has no rudder & just keeps going around aimlessly in circles.
BRING BACK WAYNE & get some discipline & a coach that players want to play for. we never had any recruitment problems under him did we .?
if it wasn't for that little hobbit henjak we would have had Inglis & Christ knows who else. that germ did a lot of damage in his short tenure & we look as though we are going to keep paying for a while yet as hook has no F***ing idea. PAUL WHITE NEEDS TO ACT NOW & GET RID OF HOOK & KEARNEY & probably GEE. or we will get the same old crap in 2014.
i love this club & it has been very successful but you have to strive for success as we always did under Wayne. we can't just accept half arse efforts & a shrug of the shoulders at the post match interviews. give us change now.!!!

No way Maranta gets dropped before Norman. Maranta is still developing into a first grade footballer. At Norman's level, he should know better.

No way Maranta gets dropped before Norman. Maranta is still developing into a first grade footballer. At Norman's level, he should know better.

Get off Maranta's hype train. He's useless and that is the end of it. Bennett wouldn't have even thought of selecting him.

If my life depended on betting on a first try scorer..I'd place that bet on Scott Minto or Stuart Kelly before putting it on Maranta.

Exactly why does Maranta get dropped and Norman gets a pass? I don't buy the lack of depth argument. Someone somewhere deserves a shot in the Number 1 jersey. Norman is not at the club next year. We gave him the benefit of the doubt anyway and he has not produced his best. We should stick with guys who are going to be here, who have time on their side and may come good.

Active Now

• pagey
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • Browny
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • porouian
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.