Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

I dont know, the rock says its pretty fast, it just needs some open space...

Bennett wouldn't have even thought of selecting him.
only because he'd still have Stu Kelly and Steve Michaels with mortgages on the 2 and 5.

57 tackles to McGuire, champion effort. Best out their in a broncos jersey by a country mile. Good thing we only give him 40 minutes every other week....

Hey, guys, chill. Thaiday says they just need a bit of belief, and they'll be right. He's got this.

[bangs head against wall for an hour]

If hook keep picking **** players like maranta then we are going to keep losing. Yow Yeh or even give Kemp a go would be nice. Why parade Kemp signing if he is not going to get a go. Surely can't do worst than Maranta. How's Gillet in origin side this yr? How's he starting every game? Great division to let Te'o go Hook. Glenn done nothing this yr.

Gillett has been great this year. JYY is injured... Do you watch our games?

**** it, just **** it.

I hate this team.
There are 15 other teams, go jump on the souths band wagon I hear they are taking anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
If we could've actually taken our opportunities in attack instead of blowing them time after time, we could be a top 4 side.

It's not just Wallace and Norman, it's spread through the whole side. Hook needs to install some discipline and get those plays nailed down.

The most bemusing thing to me is the fact people are somewhat surprised? This was always on the cards, I said last week that our effort against the Warriors would work against us if anything, and it has.

And the same players, week in, week out are consistently underperforming. Why oh why people thought that of all teams, they'd decide to be competent first graders against Melbourne IN Melbourne, well like I said, I find that more bemusing.

There isn't an excuse for anything of them, bar maybe Maranta but let's face it he has NEVER set the world on fire at wing and only looked like a safe defensive option. Again, refer to what I said about him in the cleanout thread, unless he adds 5kph to his speed and a compass he will NEVER make it because he is simply, not good enough. No amount of hoping or wishing is going to change this.

Everyone needs to get on board the sack griffin bandwagon, the more on the board the louder the drums beat, seriously - we are not going to win a title under Griffin. Ever. The blind faith optimism needs to stop because it doesn't help anyone at this point.

Last edited:
Gillett has been great this year. JYY is injured... Do you watch our games?
sbw has been great. Burgess has been great. Mateo has been great. Lewis has been great.

Gillett has had a few above average games, with many performances still riddled with schoolboy mistakes and schoolgirl defense. He's been nowhere near great.

If we could've actually taken our opportunities in attack instead of blowing them time after time, we could be a top 4 side.

It's not just Wallace and Norman, it's spread through the whole side. Hook needs to install some discipline and get those plays nailed down.

i see this top 4 rubbish written too often, in my opinion it is a myth. How often have we beaten top 4 sides over the past few seasons? We have struggled to get wins over top 8 sides.

even if this squad plays to potential we are not as good as storm, souths, easts, dogs, manly on a consistent basis, we just don't have the talent.

I guess it just annoys me to see things like if we just took our opportunities we would be top 4, if we got the bounce of the ball we would be top 4, if we played the full 80 like that 5 minute period we would be top 4 etc. Fact is we are not top 4, haven't been for a while and don't look like being there soon.

i fear it is these excuses which make everyone feel better keeping some of our coaching, admin and certain players in jobs they are not qualified for.

Ffs, people will vent after a shitty loss during a shitty season.

Yeah absolutely mate, well said. It's all part of being a fan to feel like total shit after a loss and even worse after the season and a half the Broncos have delivered. If people can't vent their frustration in a fan forum then where do they do it?

i fear it is these excuses which make everyone feel better keeping some of our coaching, admin and certain players in jobs they are not qualified for.

Our forward pack and most of our back line would not be out of place in a top 4 side but we are let down by the coaches, playmakers and the people in charge who aren't fixing the issue.

Saying we should be a top 4 side isn't an excuse, it's a question. Why are we languishing down at the bottom of the table when we should be up the top?

Our forward pack and most of our back line would not be out of place in a top 4 side but we are let down by the coaches, playmakers and the people in charge who aren't fixing the issue.

Saying we should be a top 4 side isn't an excuse, it's a question. Why are we languishing down at the bottom of the table when we should be up the top?

How is Hoffman and hodges most of our backline?

How is Hoffman and hodges most of our backline?

Yow Yeh assuming he gets back to his old form. Reed holds his own, he's not a superstar but he's better than a lot of the other centres running around.

Just not good enough simple as that we had our chances and didn't take them while the Storm took their chances.

Yeah absolutely mate, well said. It's all part of being a fan to feel like total **** after a loss and even worse after the season and a half the Broncos have delivered. If people can't vent their frustration in a fan forum then where do they do it?

Venting is one thing. Saying your no longer supporting the team is another

Then **** off. There are 15 other teams, go jump on the souths band wagon I hear they are taking anyone
Steady up there broncos4life.....he said he hates this team, not I hate this club. He hates the TEAM selected and the way they are playing. He did not say I hate the Broncos so has not withdrawn support for the club, just this particular evolution of the team. At least that's how I perceived it. I also hate the way they are playing, how they are being used and how they are being coached but I also still support the Broncos.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.