Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Steady up there broncos4life.....he said he hates this team, not I hate this club. He hates the TEAM selected and the way they are playing. He did not say I hate the Broncos so has not withdrawn support for the club, just this particular evolution of the team. At least that's how I perceived it. I also hate the way they are playing, how they are being used and how they are being coached but I also still support the Broncos.

Well I read it wrong sorry... It's funny how another poster said basically the same thing but I'm the one that gets nailed lol... Ill take that as a compliment

All good, it's just passion speaking. I feel sick at the moment but not the physical type of sickness. I just hate everything about the years since Benny left. I knew in my heart at the time it was the end and said so too but people on here wanted change. This is what we have become and I've never wanted to be wrong more but unfortunately I foresaw the future all too clearly. We are a real chance of the wooden spoon.

We might have a chance then. I feel like if he plays like he did against the Tiggers, it'll kickstart the rest of the team.

I agree, and that about says it all about the quality of our coaching ... leaving it up to one or more individuals to give the game plan shape and structure while Hook fiddles while Brisbane burns

Yeah absolutely mate, well said. It's all part of being a fan to feel like total shit after a loss and even worse after the season and a half the Broncos have delivered. If people can't vent their frustration in a fan forum then where do they do it?
You can vent all you want, but as soon as you want to turn your back on your team, I say... "Don't let the door hit you on your way out".
This is the type of stuff that separates true fans from bandwagoners, and as B4L said, souffs is the perfect team for those. There is no room for the added insult though...

Pathetic performance in attack from a directionless team. We have no leader on the field and we have no leader off the field. Griffin seems content to just pick his buddies from his under 20's side week after week regardless of how poorly they continue to perform. McCullough, Glenn, Reed, Wallace, Norman, Prince, Dodds, Anderson, Lui, Hunt are all not playing to first grade standard this year and some of those guys haven't been for several years. We are a team choc full of passengers right now. Sure last night luck didn't go their way at times but good sides make their own luck and we are far from good, I honestly cannot see us finishing higher than anyone other than Parramatta.

You can vent all you want, but as soon as you want to turn your back on your team, I say... "Don't let the door hit you on your way out".
This is the type of stuff that separates true fans from bandwagoners, and as B4L said, souffs is the perfect team for those. There is no room for the added insult though...

I didn't say I was turning my back on the team and neither did the guy I was defending, that was the point. I'd struggle to find anyone who'd be impressed by last night's effort so I can actually understand the hate and frustration but it's only ever temporary, I'm sure by Monday most of us will be over it and looking forward to next weekend's match. I know I will be. Anyway, at least we're not like "The Kennel", some of those guys are professional douche bags.

I didn't say I was turning my back on the team and neither did the guy I was defending, that was the point. I'd struggle to find anyone who'd be impressed by last night's effort so I can actually understand the hate and frustration but it's only ever temporary, I'm sure by Monday most of us will be over it and looking forward to next weekend's match. I know I will be. Anyway, at least we're not like "The Kennel", some of those guys are professional douche bags.
Mate, for the first time in a long time, I woke up still feeling deflated after a Broncos defeat. The last time was 2008, after "that game that shall not be named"...

But nothing is more frustrating than reading BHQ after a Broncos defeat in 2013.
I will be filthy and swearing at Griffin if I ever see Maranta wearing a Broncos jersey again, but I will still love my team!

Sure, we lack the polish and confidence of a top team, but we also can't take a trick a the moment. We all saw what happened against the Warriors and yesterday.
We lost 6 tries to nil, but we bungled at least that many tries ourselves, which is very different from just being smashed without even getting close.

I can no longer watch the games with the missus around as these incompetent turds will get me divorced.

The perfect example is the Maranta try which the video ref ballsed up, what happened next play was a shamozzle with Wallace dying with the ball.

I could live with it if it was a one off but it's going on 18 months now ffs

If you think all we lack is polish and confidence you are as deluded as Sam Thaiday and Anthony Griffin in these press conferences. We lack leadership, quality recruitment, creativity, speed, elusiveness, sound kicking, ruck speed, direction from hooker, a distinct lack of engaging in the wrestle etc etc.

If you think all we lack is polish and confidence you are as deluded as Sam Thaiday and Anthony Griffin in these press conferences. We lack leadership, quality recruitment, creativity, speed, elusiveness, sound kicking, ruck speed, direction from hooker, a distinct lack of engaging in the wrestle etc etc.

Spot on ! The BS excuses coming out simply don't wash anymore. There has to be changes with substance or things will get worse before ever becoming better. New ideas are needed form within the heirachy at the club. Gene Miles called for it a couple of years ago and various previous players such as Steve Renouf have been outspoken with their concerns since.

There are players and teams that can make something out of nothing.......and there is the current Broncos line-up who have become adept at making nothing out of something. On one wing we have a guy who can sniff out a try and make a half-chance into a try. He just happens to be up the top end of the NRL tryscorers list. On the other wing...........

I really don't think the score line truly reflected how we played last night. Our defence was woeful without doubt but with a decent winger we score 2 or 3 tries on the right hand side as it is. We were the unlucky side last night and everything the Storm touched turned to gold. We weren't good either but I still can't believe we lost 32-0. Our players busted their guts and still got flogged. It sucks for them. Since Kearney has taken over our defence it has been woeful. He has to be sacked. We also desperately need someone to come in and work with our halve.s.

Would love to see us recruit Wayne Bennett or Warren Ryan as Director of Coaching and let them rebuild like Gould is doing at Penrith from the ground up, the club is just slowly dying at the moment but if someone ruthless came in and told a few people the truth and we went back to rewarding performances we would go a long way to turning things around.

No, I don't think that's all we lack, but you underestimate how much difference confidence makes.

That's not to say I disagree with you regarding the other stuff, but I left that to a different thread...

I really don't think the score line truly reflected how we played last night. Our defence was woeful without doubt but with a decent winger we score 2 or 3 tries on the right hand side as it is. We were the unlucky side last night and everything the Storm touched turned to gold. We weren't good either but I still can't believe we lost 32-0. Our players busted their guts and still got flogged. It sucks for them. Since Kearney has taken over our defence it has been woeful. He has to be sacked. We also desperately need someone to come in and work with our halves.

Aggreed. Over the last month or so I've been thinking about our defence. Last year our defence was rock solid and I think it was keeping us in games in the back end of the season when our attack went to crap. Now this year, with a change in one particular coaching staff, our defence has completely fallen apart. Kearney is the common denominator. He is part of the problem, but not the whole problem. I'd love to see Kevie come back, he would make a good coach. We should do everything to bring Kevie back as assistant coach, or head coach if Hook is sacked.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.