Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

People are being pretty harsh on Glenn. They don't go to him enough when on the attack. If he was playing for Manly or Storm, he'd probably be dominating once again. I reckon just skip Norman entirely and go to Glenn as a second receiver or hole runner on the left.

My issue with Glenn is completely down to laziness. The guy is our only forward who doesn't roll his sleeves up and do the tough runs from our own goalline. I also don't think he is big enough to last as a starting backrower long term in first grade.

He's just the forgotten man, doesn't **** up, does enough to go unnoticed.

Exactly right. Reed is a solid player doesn't do much wrong and doesn't do much great either, we have very little depth in our outside backs so he isn't really being pushed for a spot.

My issue with Glenn is completely down to laziness. The guy is our only forward who doesn't roll his sleeves up and do the tough runs from our own goalline. I also don't think he is big enough to last as a starting backrower long term in first grade.

I dunno, his workrate obviously doesn't compare to Parker, Hannant and the like, but I think it's fine for an edge attacking back rower. He seems to make more metres than some of our other starting forwards. We just need to go to him more in attack.

People are being pretty harsh on Glenn. They don't go to him enough when on the attack. If he was playing for Manly or Storm, he'd probably be dominating once again. I reckon just skip Norman entirely and go to Glenn as a second receiver or hole runner on the left.
I think we could say that for most of our players to be honest...

I think Reed has been fine this year, his combination with Hoffman on the left is one of the only bright spots for us this season, without that combo we'd probably be dead last.

Also; I'd have to go with

1. Bond
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
9. Baptiste
14. Granville

For the remainder of the season at least, we certainly need to find a Fullback and a Half before next season but, or we're in some serious trouble.

Gillet missed 6 tackles according to NRL.com! SIX!

JYY is playing in reserve grades!

Do u watch our games!!!???

Congratulations on your ability to look up stats, cos we all know they always paint the full picture.

Yes JYY is playing q cup after one of the most horrific injuries nrl has seem. Lets rush him back in for a season that's basically already over

That's too many changes at once.
You are seriously the voice in Griffin's head. "Too many changes, we just need some confidence" If watching a once great club embarrass itself is your thing then fine but I actually want to see a shitload of changes because quite frankly that is exactly what is needed, our team is absolutely terrible.

Agree Alec. They finally learnt to stand a little deeper and do the second man play but then all of a sudden that is all they do, with Norman fucking it up half the time. (How he didn't pass that last night, far out....plain out selfish footballer). What's wrong with throwing a short ball to Glenn on the left or Gillet on the right, mix it up a bit. I mean look at the origin team, second man play no worries then Cronk throws the short ball every now and then and Thaiday is over. Same with most NRL teams.

EDIT: Word Filter

Last edited by a moderator:
You are seriously the voice in Griffin's head. "Too many changes, we just need some confidence" If watching a once great club embarrass itself is your thing then fine but I actually want to see a shitload of changes because quite frankly that is exactly what is needed, our team is absolutely terrible.
I say a whole lot more than that.
I hate people who selectively pick things out of context as an excuse to bag someone.

Have you watched NSW the last 7 years...?
Give me one single example where this kind of wholesale changes has work, one!

You don't agree, tell me why not and how you would do it. Like, who would you put in all those positions for example?

Why do the uneducated always talk loudest?

Bond's form has been terrible.
Granville has gone backwards last few weeks.
Baptiste is one week back from injury and was strong last week- so you could mount a case for him. Although his defence is no where near as strong as McCullough's.

I say a whole lot more than that.
I hate people who selectively pick things out of context as an excuse to bag someone.

Have you watched NSW the last 7 years...?
Give me one single example where this kind of wholesale changes has work, one!

You don't agree, tell me why not and how you would do it. Like, who would you put in all those positions for example?
Firstly. I would remove Andrew Gee and Anthony Griffin who are the two biggest reasons we are in the position we are. Our recruitment and retention has been embarrassing and I would also change the scouting people we have because we are missing out on too many good kids and producing none worth mentioning right now. Next I would take a sledgehammer to our roster (now large change takes time especially due to contract lengths) I would want someone overseeing our footy dept like Gould is at Penrith bringing in experienced players and pushing through talented youngsters in tandem. We should cull a very large amount from our top 25 because quite simply we need a change, they need a change and some are just plain not good enough. I would release/move on Maranta, Norman, Whitchurch, Wallace, Prince, Hunt, Dodds, Anderson, McCullough and Glenn all of these players are not playing to a level acceptable to be in first grade right now and I would run the place like a business so people playing well are rewarded and those who are not are dropped. It isn't about who we bring in it is about bringing in fresh people both on and off the field because the club is stale and free-falling right now. Also comparing a club that plays week to week and has a specific core of players to choose from is entirely different to NSW who have a state full of players to choose from. Wholesale changes are paying dividends in Penrith right now, perfect example of it they also paid immediate dividends with Hasler and his team coming in at Canterbury and completely changing the fortunes of that team, Wayne Bennett at St George is another example of wholsesale changes working for a club.

Why do the uneducated always talk loudest?

Bond's form has been terrible.
Granville has gone backwards last few weeks.
Baptiste is one week back from injury and was strong last week- so you could mount a case for him. Although his defence is no where near as strong as McCullough's.

... cos they talk through their hats

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.