Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with our best team we wouldn't win. Fact is, we haven't beaten a top 8 team all year. The titans don't count

As long as Wade Graham doesn't destroy Josh Hoffman's confidence like he did for the remainder of last season during the corresponding match last year I will be happy.

I'm not confident of a win, just ask for the effort to be there.

Win or lose though someone needs to stand up and be in Grahams face all game after his rape and pillage from last time.

As my number two side I am happy to see the Sharks going well again this year. I will hope for a Bronco victory but even that would not cheer me up too much. What the game will do is give some of the posters on here a chance to see Cronullas underrated halfback, Jeff Robson in action. Earlier this year I pointed out how well he'd been performing for the last few years but most rated him as either the worst or second worst 7 in the comp.
He did have an ordinary game a few weeks back but he was playing injured at the time.

I'd ask the question though.........Would you swap our halves for Cronullas this year ?

Last year our junior burger forwards got so belted by Wade Graham that he finally thought he was rightfully deserved his title of king shit of turd island.

That goofy grin....

The Sharks without Gallen play like the Broncos without Lockyer. "Oh well, no one expects us to win."

I remember the Sharks were out on their feet, no talk, their body language was please score a try so at least we get a breather and one of our retards put in a grubber that goes flying over the dead ball line and that was it. IIRC Stapelton or Gardner or Mills or one of their retards then scored a typical "through the middle" Broncos defensive lapse try and that opened the flood gates.

I hate that during Origin (and particularly when we are in poor form) that going to the game seems a chore.

We've had 2 Monday night home games in a row followed by what will be another "who wants to lose less?" match up against the Sharks. When will we get some good home games again.

As my number two side I am happy to see the Sharks going well again this year. I will hope for a Bronco victory but even that would not cheer me up too much. What the game will do is give some of the posters on here a chance to see Cronullas underrated halfback, Jeff Robson in action. Earlier this year I pointed out how well he'd been performing for the last few years but most rated him as either the worst or second worst 7 in the comp.
He did have an ordinary game a few weeks back but he was playing injured at the time.

I'd ask the question though.........Would you swap our halves for Cronullas this year ?
Of course, but that would be because of Carney and despite Robson.

Todd Carney and Ben Hunt. Looks like a pretty good halves combo to me.

So Im guessing the consensus is that Cronulla have been going well because of Carney and in spite of Robson ! It's hard to understand really as when speaking about Cronulla the role of half back is seemingly having little to do with the teams performance yet when speaking about the Broncos it's vital ! The combination of Carney and Robson has, in my opinion been the reason for better structured performances not the individual brilliance of Carney alone. This opinion is not surprisingly shared by Flanagan and the supporters at Cronulla.

I appreciate this section of the site is about the Broncos so I will refrain from further comment. Instead I'll head over to the Rugby League Talk section.

i think wallace would be on par with robson if they both have carney standing beside them.

i think wallace would be on par with robson if they both have carney standing beside them.

Same here. Do a direct swap for Wallace and Robson and i dont think the positions of the 2 teams on the ladder move very much, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.