Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimmiq

Grimmiq

NYC Player
Apr 3, 2013
First game he's played this year where he's actually useful...if he plays anywhere but lock it'll be wasted though.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
First game he's played this year where he's actually useful...if he plays anywhere but lock it'll be wasted though.

I wouldn't mind him on the right, where our defence needs the most work.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Oates and Kahu to be the centres by the sounds of it. Both are training in the positions. Stagg will be a handy inclusion if he is fit. He can play right while Glenn will be left.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
sounds good. i like the idea of mcguire to lock. hopefully hannant is good to go and he can pair up with dodds to start. hala and tasi on the bench with hunt & lui/jwallace/doesnt matter they'll only play 7 mins.

i'd prefer a bit of shake up in the halves/fb as well but its not even worth talking about as it wont happen.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
My team if all are fully fit:

1- Norman
2- Hoffman
3- Oates
4- Kahu
5- Anyone but Maranta, otherwise just plant a broomstick there. Chances are it will fall on the ball and score a try...
6- Prince
7- Wallace
8- Hannant
9- Hunt
10- McGuire
11- Glenn
12- Stagg
13- McCullough

14- Baptiste
15- Dodds
16- Hala
17- Tasi

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well, we never had a problem going forward so we'd have the same issues if we had Matt Scott James Tamou or any one of the other gun forwards. We have no clue how to score points and it just looks like an unhappy directionless club. So sad to see.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Well, we never had a problem going forward so we'd have the same issues if we had Matt Scott James Tamou or any one of the other gun forwards. We have no clue how to score points and it just looks like an unhappy directionless club. So sad to see.
We have scored more tries than the Sharks with their Carney/Robson combo... :winky:

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

this is what i dont get. why does everyone think we need a prop? it would be nice, sure. but our go forward is fine. a better dummy half would help. maybe if they were coached to better utilise short passing at the line we'd make more metres too. how bout a player or two coming through in support to take better advantage of the numerous offload opportunities we have but there's never anyone there.

hows a prop going to change the fact we spend so much time in the oppositions 20 but cant convert it to points. or earn repeat sets.

Last edited:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
sounds good. i like the idea of mcguire to lock. hopefully hannant is good to go and he can pair up with dodds to start. hala and tasi on the bench with hunt & lui/jwallace/doesnt matter they'll only play 7 mins.

i'd prefer a bit of shake up in the halves/fb as well but its not even worth talking about as it wont happen.
Halves or fullback are probably best left until after origin before a shakeup

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Hopefully Kahu is back. If only to send a message to Jack Reed that his position is not safe in the team when he returns.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I want a winger who actually knows where the field lines are, so he doesn't step on the sideline and plants the ball at or after the tryline! I'd swear we have had at least 10 tries gone begging this season because of young Lachlan... :001_rolleyes:

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I want a winger who actually knows where the field lines are, so he doesn't step on the sideline and plants the ball at or after the tryline! I'd swear we have had at least 10 tries gone begging this season because of young Lachlan... :001_rolleyes:

Remember when alot of fans didn't like Copley?

Now, we are all like "Come back soon, Dale. We miss you."

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Stagg would be a great return this week as his defence and experience should add a lot to a team without all our rep stars. I hope he and Kahu both make it, should also have Tasi and Hannant in the team so there's 4 good players who weren't there last week which should soften the blow of losing 4 origin stars.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Copley was a work in progress last season and towards the end he was really coming into his own and becoming a weapon. He'll always be a better centre than winger, but yeah, he runs rings around Maranta, but then again... who doesn't?

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
If Hannant is playing, I'd like to see McGuire come off the bench. Comes on after 20 and plays the rest of the game. It worked very well at the back end of 2011 where Hanant and Anderson would start and then Show would come on.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Sceptical of Oates. On debut was very solid. Seemingly did everything right, looked comfortable, transition to first grade looks seamless. But that's exactly what Maranta looked like. Ans Whitchurch. They just didn't improve one percent. I'm not saying Oates will be the same, because Kahu has certainly improved after a similar debut, so let's just hope that Maranta is the exception as opposed to the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.