Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lol i wondered why i had so many players.

yeah 17 should be lui/jawallace/any other dud.

don really want someone small like kahu defending in the centres if he's got prince/maranta either side of him. so yeah oates/glenn centres for me to add some strength. not sure where we find any poins from tho

Wallace J. for mine

We'll find the points if Norman decides to pass the ball

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Residents picked this week. Some Broncos might not be playing NRL this week.

Side picked, but can't be released yet- waiting on decisions regarding NRL players.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
team named.

1 norman
2 kahu
3 oates
4 hoffman
5 maranta
6 prince
7 wallace
8 hannant
9 macca
10 mcguire
11 glenn
12 stagg
13 dodds

14 hunt
15 hala
16 lui
17 tasi

18 jwallace
19 slyney
20 anderson

pretty much as you'd expect. stagg+hannant is a big boost considering who's out.

good stuff that tasi will get a run.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Disappointed to see Maranta there but realistically there was little choice.

Happy to hear Hannant, Kahu and Stagg are back. All three will be big boosts and excited to see Tasi off the bench.

J. Wallace, Slyney & Anderson round out a 20 man squad.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
would prefer J.Wallace on the bench instead of Lui, but apart from that it's pretty much what I expected.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It will be good to Lama Tasi debut for the club. Great to have Kahu, Hannant and Stagg back. Stagg is an excellent inclusion because he is a quality defender on the fringes. Just a shame we have so many backline injuries that we have to continue picking Maranta.

Grimmiq

Grimmiq

NYC Player
Apr 3, 2013
This is going to be painful.. It's great that we'll have Hannant back and can't wait to see Tasi play..but I just don't see Hoffman trusting Maranta to finish (and rightly so), so he'll just go himself every time he gets the ball.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
thats alright as hoffman going himself has worked out pretty well this year and their centres are sh*t

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Maranta... Arghhhhhhhhhh :witchhunt:

I'd rather have this at no 5:
childrens-broom.jpg

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Good to see Stagg back, we've missed his defence IMO.
Re the Maranta debate...so there's seriously no one aged between 20-33, in any of our feeder clubs that is better?

Bull....Shit.

Don't even get me started on Norman.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
probably just avoidign even more changes to an already understrength side.

we've used alot of players this year..

norman copley kahu hoffman hodges wallace maranta whitchurch reed oates wallace prince hunt macca thaiday mcguire hannant parker glenn gillett dodds lui jwallace hala tasi stagg slyney anderson granville.. 29 players

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Fingers crossed Baptiste becomes number 30 sometime soon.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm very happy with the team except for Maranta being in it. Stagg, Hannant and Kahu are back at the perfect time.

Maranta will be out of the team next week either with Hodges back or if injured Glenn will play centre with Stagg staying in the back row.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Seriously, even with our depleted team, we look better than the Sharks:

1 Michael Gordon
2 Sosaia Feki
3 Stewart Mills
4 Jonathan Wright
5 Nathan Stapleton
6 Todd Carney
7 Jeff Robson
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 John Morris
10 Sam Tagataese
11 Jayson Bukuya
12 Wade Graham ©
13 Chris Heighington

Interchange
14 Isaac De Gois
15 Tyrone Peachey
16 Mark Taufua
17 Ben Ross
18 Ben Pomeroy

Gordon won't even play, he's been named the last 3 (?) weeks and hasn't made it on the field. Hence the Penguin as 18th man. Carney is a danger as always, and Gibbs' return last week looks like he's fired up, and the entire back row is capable of 80 minutes. However, they have only been strong when they've acted as foils to Gallen, Lewis, Fifita etc. When those guys do the hard work, Graham is able to use his ball-playing skills, Bukuya has a bit more room to make dents, and Heighington can run around with his two-sizes-too-small jersey with his legs pumping a million miles an hour (air speed somewhat less though). By themselves though, they have to be responsible for all of it, and I think they'll struggle. Tagatese as starting prop makes me laugh. He's looked okay in a couple of cameo's, coming on fresh against tired edge defence & halves, but starting in the middle he'll not last 5 minutes. I would have started Ross even though he is getting on a bit. Morris & De Gois have been tearing teams apart in the middle, which is why it's great if Stagg does run on. His tidying up will be invaluable.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
For once, I am actually confident we'll win, and by a decent margin. If we don't, there will be hell to pay.

Seriously, look at that Sharks side FFS. If we lose to that...

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe the reason Maranta keeps getting picked is because we have a similar situation for our 2nd tier cap that Penrith and the Roosters have had. especially given the injuries we have had this year

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Maybe the reason Maranta keeps getting picked is because we have a similar situation for our 2nd tier cap that Penrith and the Roosters have had. especially given the injuries we have had this year
I don't think that's why and I also think Maranta will be gone next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • LittleDavey
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.